Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Hoolahan to Hull £2.5 million

Reports on twitter and talksport reporting that Hoolahan is off to Hull for £2.5 million.

Same type of source as the ''Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank to be Norwich manager'' that Sky ran with!!

[quote user="woody"]Same type of source as the ''Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank to be Norwich manager'' that Sky ran with!![/quote]Hahahaha, that was a classic!!!

Likely to be a day full of these type of reports... Calm down chaps!

Grant Holt going to the Scum (sorry ''Roy Keane''s Scum'') appeared last night FFS!!

[quote user="adajam4"]link please![/quote]It was on the radio so no link as of yet.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hull have got to raise something like 18 million in a couple of months to keep in business.  How would they find 2.5 million for Hoolihan ?[/quote] Wolves have bid £5million for Hunt , i suppose Hoolahan would be his replacement at half the cost

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hull have got to raise something like 18 million in a couple of months to keep in business.  How would they find 2.5 million for Hoolihan ?[/quote]I believe that they are currently in negotiation selling their striker Hunt for around 5-7 million, if that goes through then it could fund the buying of Hoolahan.Anyway, berate me all you want, I am merely passing on what I''ve heard [:)]

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Hull have got to raise something like 18 million in a couple of months to keep in business.  How would they find 2.5 million for Hoolihan ?[/quote]I believe that they are currently in negotiation selling their striker Hunt for around 5-7 million, if that goes through then it could fund the buying of Hoolahan.Anyway, berate me all you want, I am merely passing on what I''ve heard [:)][/quote]Not my style, what will be will be [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Hull have got to raise something like 18 million in a couple of months to keep in business.  How would they find 2.5 million for Hoolihan ?[/quote]I believe that they are currently in negotiation selling their striker Hunt for around 5-7 million, if that goes through then it could fund the buying of Hoolahan.Anyway, berate me all you want, I am merely passing on what I''ve heard [:)][/quote]Not my style, what will be will be [:)][/quote]Sorry blah, wasn''t suggesting that you were berating me, that was aimed at other posters [:P]

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]If the worst case scenario was true what have been our results without the wee man?[/quote]Well he''s only our third highest scorer with 10 goals and he''s probably the best play maker in the division...I''m sure he would be no loss to us at all [;)]

No berating..

Just hoping people don''t go leaping off the deep end at any of the many rumours that will get put about today.

''''Norwich''s midfield maestro Wes Hoolahan is being linked to a £2.5m move to Hull City IF the Tigers decide to offload Stephen Hunt to Wolves for £5m."

BBC.

£2.5 million isn''t enough, £4 million and I could be tempted, but we have to find a suitable replacement, and I doubt there is a realistic replacement with his quality.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]£2.5 million isn''t enough, £4 million and I could be tempted, but we have to find a suitable replacement, and I doubt there is a realistic replacement with his quality.[/quote]

You will never get £4m for a League One player of Hoolahan''s age. Jonjo Shelvy the 17 year old potential wonderkid was valued at £4m, so £2.5m is a very good price for Hoolahan, the only problem would be no time to pick up a replacement in this window.

Who would you replace him with ?   There aren''t many players like him.  Maybe there are a couple in the Championship ?  No names immediately spring to mind...

If Hull paid 2.5 million and Wes wanted to go I am afraid I would expect NCFC to sell and I would support their decision to sell in those circumstances.

Wes is my player of the season and I love watching him play but we can do this league with what we have and Lambert could do a lot with the money....like buy Forster.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If Hull paid 2.5 million and Wes wanted to go I am afraid I would expect NCFC to sell and I would support their decision to sell in those circumstances. Wes is my player of the season and I love watching him play but we can do this league with what we have and Lambert could do a lot with the money....like buy Forster.[/quote]

£2.5m is the most Hoolahan would ever be worth so in that respect you are right that the club should probably accept the offer (with Lambert''s blessing of course).

I don''t think we would be able to buy Forster though as he has often made it clear he wants a shot at Newcastle and the club have said he isn''t for sale.

If Hools goes we will be in trouble and remeber Lambert will have no time to spend money except the dreaded loans and we all know what happenede last season I just hope this is wrong but can see last min panic purchases which we will struggle to fend off

1145: Another reminder about the BBC''s new regional Monday night football show Late Kick Off. Why not watch it tonight as you relax from the Transfer Deadline Day drama? Speaking of drama, over to our friends at Late Kick Off (East): ''''Norwich''s midfield maestro Wes Hoolahan is being linked to a £2.5m move to Hull City IF the Tigers decide to offload Stephen Hunt to Wolves for £5m."

£2.5mill should be taken no questions asked. Although, Lambert will need to be sure what happens to the side after that, i.e have a plan in place or at the very least an idea.

Also, the loan window reopens so loan in the replacement and buy him mid-loan, assuming you can still do that. Plus we still haven''t seen what Mcnamee can really do.

Noooo, this is the last thing we need.

If Ireland had made the world cup, he''d do this in a heartbeat to get him right on Trappatoni''s radar, but even then it would be a massive risk. He has to go somewhere where the team is prepared to be set up around him. Can he really walk in to a premier league club and expect that? Can you really see Phil Brown playing a diamond to accommodate him? I can''t.

Come on Wes, you know it makes sense to stay put! You''ve got a good thing going here!