Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

how far do you think lambert could take us ..?

Given the money to spend I think he can take us to mid to bottom Prem.Realistically if we get promoted we won''t be getting anywhere near the Prem without some serious investment though.

if we could fill another 7,000 seat (i which i have no doubt we would) that would make the ipswich crowd look somewhat smaller .......

get the builders in ..!!

I said the following at weekend to someone who was slaging little norwich off

"we will be back in premiership in two years....if we hang on to Paul Lambert"

promotion this year 2009-10

one year in champ 2010-2011

promotion to prem 2011-2012

Difficult to say without knowing what financial backing he would get in the championship.

[quote user="morty"]Given the money to spend I think he can take us to mid to bottom Prem.Realistically if we get promoted we won''t be getting anywhere near the Prem without some serious investment though.[/quote]I agree that he can get us into the Premiership but I don''t think serious investment is a definite requirement. Recent history shows that good strong management and team ethos gets you out of the Championship - and then get you a fair way in the first season in the Premiership too. I reckon we''ve got that already.

I think he could get us to the Prem if he wanted.

But i also have absolutely no doubt that the path to that goal will be regularly obstructed by tempting offers that will fast track take him straight there or straight to Celtic Park. Whether he takes them up or not, we''ll just have to see.

Our money pressures aren''t causing him too much trouble in L1, but in the Champ, when he needs to invest and won''t be able to significantly, then we will see how much patience he has. Probably very little.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="morty"]Given the money to spend I think he can take us to mid to bottom Prem.Realistically if we get promoted we won''t be getting anywhere near the Prem without some serious investment though.[/quote]I agree that he can get us into the Premiership but I don''t think serious investment is a definite requirement. Recent history shows that good strong management and team ethos gets you out of the Championship - and then get you a fair way in the first season in the Premiership too. I reckon we''ve got that already.

[/quote]I think we''d need a bit more quality, and that doesn''t come cheap.I think if we were in the Champ this year with the squad we have right now I would put us in a play off spot tops.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

I said the following at weekend to someone who was slaging little norwich off

"we will be back in premiership in two years....if we hang on to Paul Lambert"

promotion this year 2009-10

one year in champ 2010-2011

promotion to prem 2011-2012

[/quote]

i agree compleatly!

Given the right backing from the board I see no reason why he can''t take us back to the prem, but as so many have said we also need some big rich investment or takeover, but regarding takover I don''t mean  Manure or Liverpool type. anyone got Branson''s phone number