Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Anyone got that same feeling but dare not say it out loud.

Remembering back to the season we got promoted to the Prem and how I felt after the christmas period and the signing of Hucks and Crouch on loan.  I feel the same now with us going so well and really have the potential to win the league and get promoted but is it too soon to start saying it out loud.

Worthy was so sure he even said at a press conference that we would get promoted, I am not sure lambert would do the same.

The game that changed it for me was when I was at the Reading away game and Mulryne scored after a deflection off the ref, I really felt that we would go on a win the league, was the Brentford game the point in this season when down to 10 men we still won and then followed it by two further wins. I am hoping we don''t have a wobble but the three games on the trot at Huddersfield, Swindon away games and the Leeds home game will definatley define the outcome of the season.

I have also found a great website which has numerous stats and shows how well we are doing, lets hope we can keep it going.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/away.html

It''s a positive Monday!

It''s certainly positive times, but way too early to be getting the ''Reading'' feeling - that game was mid-April and there were only five games of the season left.

It certainly is positive times but I won''t be getting that special feeling until we are mathmatically certain of promotion which hopefully will be around mid April.

It is way too early to be convinced we are on the way. Certainly the signs are good with both Leeds and Charlton wobbling looks good.

We have twice come from behind recently suggesting there is more still in the tank and the new boys are doing well and Holt has not been missed . Can you imagine same would be true if Beckford was out of Leeds team?

I think all of us dread a possible wobble and know it will come at some stage. Glad the lads have a break before big match away to Millwall which will be real challenge.

Nothing is certain yet but i''m quietly confident we will finish in the top 2 this season and that''s all that matters, even if I were neutral I would put my money on Norwich to go up this season, were too good not to.

I''m not getting too carried away just yet. I thought we were close to having to settle for a draw on Saturday - Hartlepool can consider themselves a bit unlucky to have gone home with nothing in my opinion.

[quote user="cityangel"]It certainly is positive times but I won''t be getting that special feeling until we are mathmatically certain of promotion which hopefully will be around mid April.[/quote]I''m with you on this one CA.[;)] When the sums add up I''ll start to celebrate.

It''s nice to have got distance from Charlton and I think falling out of the top two would be a major disappointment considering where we are now, but there will be a few key games to decide how we do. Away to Millwall will be interesting - if we can keep the winning streak going that will be huge. Then the two games away to Swindon followed by Leeds at home should be a test, and if it''s still close towards the end of the season, then the game at Charlton could either put us clear in the auto-promotion spots or make it a little bit anxious for the last few games.Ideally we go up as Champions and Ipswich come down - that would be a perfect season. But I''d just take automatic promotion - that would be fine by me. Oh - and keeping hold of all the key players today.

In 2003/4 we''d been top since just before Christmas but I didn''t get that feeling until after the Stoke home game (late March/early April?) when we ground out a 1-0. 

[quote user="canary cherub "]

In 2003/4 we''d been top since just before Christmas but I didn''t get that feeling until after the Stoke home game (late March/early April?) when we ground out a 1-0. 

[/quote]Yeah, the game where Green made that brilliant point blank save, from a Gerry Taggart header if I remember right?  And then somehow managed to kick it away, brilliant stuff.