[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Oh the yellow Rose of Norwich

Wears number twenty three

He gallops down the left wing -

Singing, give the ball to me

He throws it like a missile

And when the stage is set

He puts his left foot through the ball

And bursts the (expletive) net!

Might need tweaking. Any ideas?[/quote]Fantastic! [Y] [:)]...is that too ''The Grand old duke of york''?

Can you honestly see it being sung though ?Your looking at a collective who found a new star and the BEST they could come up with was:"We F***ing love Grant Holt"Its a great song and all... but.... its very council estate isnt it ?

We tried to get the "Michael Rose, he scored a goal, hallelujah" going in the Barclay yesterday.

Saw an even better version on here earlier "Michael Rose will score for sure, hallelujah".

Fantastic! ...is that too ''The Grand old duke of york''?

No it looks like, The Yellow Rose of Texas...or would that be Carrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyZpOAyGq1Q

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Oh the yellow Rose of Norwich

Wears number twenty three

He gallops down the left wing -

Singing, give the ball to me

He throws it like a missile

And when the stage is set

He puts his left foot through the ball

And bursts the (expletive) net!

Might need tweaking. Any ideas?[/quote]The best song I read for months[Y] 9.5/10

As it happens, I am at this very moment listening to The Jam....

No matter where I roam,

I will return to my Michael Rose

For no bonds

Could he ever keep me from he.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We tried to get the "Michael Rose, he scored a goal, hallelujah" going in the Barclay yesterday.

Saw an even better version on here earlier "Michael Rose will score for sure, hallelujah".

[/quote]

That is AWESOME, nn.

RuPhuck, your song is clever enough but too wordy to work. Too bad the Texan on NCFC, ZW doesn''t fit as well as Rose does.

What about, to the tune of kumbaya:

Michael Rose my lord,
Michael Rose,
Michael Rose my lord
Michael Rose,
Michael Rose my lord
Michael Rose
Oh lord Michael Rose!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Oh the yellow Rose of Norwich Wears number twenty three He gallops down the left wing - Singing, give the ball to me He throws it like a missile And when the stage is set He puts his left foot through the ball And bursts the (expletive) net! Might need tweaking. Any ideas?[/quote]

What a load of KAK

Incase it escaped the attention of some of you my ditty on Rose was intended to reflect the fact he has a long throw and a powerful left foot. Apparently he''s useful at free kicks.

No wonder NCFC has a dearth of songs.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Incase it escaped the attention of some of you my ditty on Rose was intended to reflect the fact he has a long throw and a powerful left foot. Apparently he''s useful at free kicks. No wonder NCFC has a dearth of songs.[/quote]

Yes and it does reflect that and it would be a good song if it caught on Rudolph. Better than the one I posted which you said was more likely to catch on. And you''re right we do have a dearth of songs.

If a player is lucky enough to get a song that the fans like then it gets sung more regardless of that players ability or contribution. At the start of the season we had two full backs. One was consistently crap and one was consistently good. We never sang a song about the good full back but everytime the crap one ran up the wing like a headless chicken his song would ring out from the Barclay. I reckon it''s because we liked to sing it. Just like we like singing about the King of Spain but not Darel Russell, who regularly out plays him. Safri was another and I''m sure in Small Paul''s case we loved the song more than the player, especially in later years. And two of the best players who ever played for Norwich, Huckerby and Bellamy, both had the same old dirge that certainly wasn''t fitting for the real legends they were for us.

I guess the song thing is just luck really.

Why is it always the same people who knock and criticise peoples songs without being able to contribute anything better themselves?

Good effort RH & NN hope they catch on.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Oh the yellow Rose of Norwich Wears number twenty three He gallops down the left wing - Singing, give the ball to me He throws it like a missile And when the stage is set He puts his left foot through the ball And bursts the (expletive) net! Might need tweaking. Any ideas?[/quote]

That is bloody good, Rude Old.