Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers.

Hard luck CITD. The Notts Forest match looked like the biggest gamble. It''s tough to be tripped up before the bulk of the games get underway.

don''t worry - being the picker is always the hardest part of this thread.

Have a £10 on the picks next week, as we deserve a winning week soon [;)]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

CTID - I wish you the very best of luck, mate.

Just to let everyone know how much this guy deserves to win this week, he was kind enough to go out of his way to buy and send me the programme last year that carried Arrdee''s tribute in it. A fine gesture and one that I will never forget - hopefully we will manage to meet up at a Pups meet in the future so I can buy you a beer.

Anyway, on to my nap - you know I like to look at something different and its Welsh Cup week. In fact its round 4, with still a lot of minnows in the cup.

So much so, my weekly line this week will be a Connahs Quay/Bala Town/Bangor City/TNS/Llanelli/Rhyl accumulator - i''ve had it quoted at 3/1 from one of the online bookies which seems really good value, given the teams they''re playing. If anyone fancys a flutter, be my guest. just don''t shoot the messenger if it fails!

So this week the pick of these is RHYL v Pontardawe Town - HOME WIN

Best of luck again

Leedscanary

[/quote]

Guess what Dave? I fell at the first too. Connah''s Quay got beat and all the rest romped home. So much, that the one you had in your line, Rhyl won 7-0!

Good effort though, I liked your picks - I thought they were all winners.

See yo soon for that beer - Kev

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

mmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh [:''(]

Fell at the 1st hurdle...appologies pups [:(]

i also have a tenner on the same bet [:(]

[/quote]

No apologies here my friend. It''s just the way the cookie has crumbled for us the last few weeks. Last week it was the last game that did for us and this week the first. You gave it your best shot which is all you could do.

I just saw that Swindon were 2-0 up after 10 minutes and were still 2-0 after 85 minutes. The final result was 2-2. You can bet that result put a bet down for someone. That''s football I''m afraid.

Statto you were on Norwich and you are now on 8-8. You need to have selected in half the available weeks to feature on our table. You are still on for that with there being 14 weeks left.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]Chelsea to win away with Burnley fired up under the ''new manager'' syndrome?[/quote]Yes, that would be the same "new manager" syndrome which saw them lose to Reading in the FA cup, and Bolton in the league?  They haven''t scored a goal under Laws yet, and they''re without their captain, who is injured.[/quote]If it''s any consolation, I have a spoonful of humble pie which I am going to eat in ten minutes time.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]Chelsea to win away with Burnley fired up under the ''new manager'' syndrome?[/quote]Yes, that would be the same "new manager" syndrome which saw them lose to Reading in the FA cup, and Bolton in the league?  They haven''t scored a goal under Laws yet, and they''re without their captain, who is injured.[/quote]If it''s any consolation, I have a spoonful of humble pie which I am going to eat in ten minutes time.[/quote]Though obviously it was never in doubt that Chelsea would win.  John Terry scoring. Nothing new there.

Always next week [Y]   Naarich still won and are still sitting pretty at the top...Charlton only drew Swindon drew Col who lst...so we now have very good daylight between the top 2....looking good OTBC

And will defo meet up for that beer Kev[Y] thnx...if not at a pups meet maybe before a City game[Y]

Im hoping i can grab 3 tickets for the Leeds game

This is a late pick for me this week, so it''s going to have to be a Sunday game:-

Man City vs Portsmouth - Home win.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]
Chelsea to win away with Burnley fired up under the ''new manager'' syndrome?
[/quote]

Yes, that would be the same "new manager" syndrome which saw them lose to Reading in the FA cup, and Bolton in the league?  They haven''t scored a goal under Laws yet, and they''re without their captain, who is injured.

[/quote]

If it''s any consolation, I have a spoonful of humble pie which I am going to eat in ten minutes time.

[/quote]

Though obviously it was never in doubt that Chelsea would win.  John Terry scoring. Nothing new there.
[/quote]

...and away from home...again [:|]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]
[/quote]

Yes, that would be the same "new manager" syndrome which saw them lose to Reading in the FA cup, and Bolton in the league?  They haven''t scored a goal under Laws yet, and they''re without their captain, who is injured.

[/quote]

If it''s any consolation, I have a spoonful of humble pie which I am going to eat in ten minutes time.

[/quote]

Though obviously it was never in doubt that Chelsea would win.  John Terry scoring. Nothing new there.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently Wayne Bridge has given his wife a model of his dick made from Cadbury''s chocolate, but she''s told him that she prefers Terry''s.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"]Chelsea to win away with Burnley fired up under the ''new manager'' syndrome?[/quote]Yes, that would be the same "new manager" syndrome which saw them lose to Reading in the FA cup, and Bolton in the league?  They haven''t scored a goal under Laws yet, and they''re without their captain, who is injured.[/quote]If it''s any consolation, I have a spoonful of humble pie which I am going to eat in ten minutes time.[/quote]

Hope you''ve saved me a large portion. > Luton 2 Ebbsfleet 3 - [:$][:@][;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apparently Wayne Bridge has given his wife a model of his dick made from Cadbury''s chocolate, but she''s told him that she prefers Terry''s.

[/quote]

terrible joke BEAU! [;)]

This must have been close to being the best week ever for all you PUPs! 56 selected this week with 49 getting their selections correct which is an unbelievable success rate of 88%. Again it helped that all the most popular naps all won. Between us we napped 22 games of which 17 won making an excellent success rate of 77%. CTID’s final selections ended up with 5/6 which is 83%. So again we were unlucky and it’s just that one that’s missing every week.

Mr. Bump[*] moves along to 26 consecutive winning naps[Y] Yes that’s right PUPs - It’s now 6 months of being right all the time for him. A real rival for my mother-in-law there………

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Mr. Bump 26-26 100
Delia''s Devonshire.. 24-25 96
Beauseant 24-26 92
Fonejacker 24-26 92
Til 1010 24-26 92
NCFC_Shaun 19-21 90
Graham Humphrey 23-26 88
Norfolkbroadslim 23-26 88
Scooby 20-23 86
MacDougall''s perm 12-14 86
NCFCStar 22-26 85
Pboro_Canary 22-26 85
Sparkos 22-26 85
Cosmic Twin 21-25 84
Obiwancanary 21-25 84
Shack Attack 19-23 83
Berkshire Canary 15-18 83
Cityangel 21-26 81
Fellas 21-26 81
Mister Chops 21-26 81
Kathy 16-20 80
Davo 18-23 78
Gazzathegreat 14-18 78
Inch High 20-26 77
methcanary 20-26 77
Norfolkchance1 20-26 77
Sports Desk - Pete 20-26 77
Leedscanary 19-25 76
GMF 18-24 75
Big Bob 15-20 75
1Dartmoore 12-16 75
Camuldonum 17-23 74
Dion Dublin = Legend 17-23 74
Hissing Sid 19-26 73
Hughesy 19-26 73
Mandie Moo 19-26 73
Newyorkcanary 19-26 73
Trent Canary 19-26 73
Diesel Doris 18-25 72
nutty nigel 18-25 72
CanaryRyan 13-18 72
Norwich 18-26 69
City-Til-I-Die 17-25 68
Muddy funster 17-25 68
Scrimmage 17-25 68
Canary Cherub 15-22 68
Legend Iwan 14-21 67
1st Wazzock 17-26 65
I''m A Banana 17-26 65
Jellytot 17-26 65
Yankee Canary 17-26 65
Yellow Fever (BBI) 16-26 62
Brendan 13-22 59
The Butler 13-22 59
Astrodyne 10-17 59
Blahblahblah 15-26 58
Ginger Pele 15-26 58
Gregt 15-26 58

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

65% oh noo, i can''t fall off the table! im sure even when i get my pick right, i still fall lower down the table [:(]

[/quote]It''s not about the table nana, it''s about raising as much money for the academy as we can [;)]. We''ve been unlucky the last few weeks, I really can''t believe Forest didn''t beat Derby this weekend with the form they''re in.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

65% oh noo, i can''t fall off the table! im sure even when i get my pick right, i still fall lower down the table [:(]

[/quote]

It''s not about the table nana, it''s about raising as much money for the academy as we can [;)]. We''ve been unlucky the last few weeks, I really can''t believe Forest didn''t beat Derby this weekend with the form they''re in.
[/quote]

i know, but I like being on the table - Need to finish ahead of The Great Drikell (not on the table)

I give the picker a different choice each week my draw, and always hope they win - who wouldn''t? but the table is just a little bit of extra excitment.

By my reckoning three more winning naps in the next fourteen weeks would ensure you don''t drop off the table young nana. I''m not sure what your strike rate is since you started to do draws but it''s probably better than that.