Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

NEWS OF THE WORLD APOLOGY ?

will the  NOTW  issue a full apology in tomorrows  paper ? I think the  sales  of the paper will go up  in Norwich tomorrow 

They will be too busy giving John Terry a kicking to even think about lil''ole Norwich!

If they do apologise it will be a very small article...Big Premiership teams have taken them to court, and got nothing but a paragraph on page 72 for their trouble, so what realistic chance have Norwich got???

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I won''t be holding my breath lol nor will I ever buy that paper again[/quote]

Haven''t bought one since 1972

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If they do apologise it will be a very small article...Big Premiership teams have taken them to court, and got nothing but a paragraph on page 72 for their trouble, so what realistic chance have Norwich got???[/quote]Absolutely right Arthur. Personally I think that if a newspaper prints a story that turns out to be false then they should put the apology on the same page as the original story and make it the same size.

well  I have looked  on the  NOTW  website and  nothing has  been put on from what I can see in a  way of  apology as requested by the legal team working  for  Norwich City, I have  not  seen any  news papers yet  but one thing for sure I will NOT  be  buying the newspaper in question, are  there any updates abut this situation ?  I have had a load of  stick from my  work colleagues this week in birmingham  this needs to put to bed

It''s a poor paper end of!!!!

I sent the journalist who wrote the article an e mail and guess what he didn''t even reply.

According to Sky Sports they are too busy discussing John Terry this week!!

They won''t apologise end of. That''s what their legal team is for.

They will apologise. That''s what our legal team is for.

The club''s solicitors, Leathes Prior, said in their letter that if no apology was published in seven days they would issue proceedings. No apology has been received. Seven days are now up. Neither McNally nor Leathes Prior appear to be in the habit of making idle threats. Proceedings will therefore be issued on Monday.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]They will apologise. That''s what our legal team is for. The club''s solicitors, Leathes Prior, said in their letter that if no apology was published in seven days they would issue proceedings. No apology has been received. Seven days are now up. Neither McNally nor Leathes Prior appear to be in the habit of making idle threats. Proceedings will therefore be issued on Monday.[/quote]

I hope they carry their threats through

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]They will apologise. That''s what our legal team is for. The club''s solicitors, Leathes Prior, said in their letter that if no apology was published in seven days they would issue proceedings. No apology has been received. Seven days are now up. Neither McNally nor Leathes Prior appear to be in the habit of making idle threats. Proceedings will therefore be issued on Monday.[/quote]

[/quote]No reason why they shouldn''t, we have them bang to rights.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

No reason why they shouldn''t, we have them bang to rights.

[:)]
[/quote]

I would like to think so, but many have given up before it gets to court before now.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]No reason why they shouldn''t, we have them bang to rights.[:)][/quote]

I would like to think so, but many have given up before it gets to court before now.

[/quote]This is well worth milking for all its worth.They couldn''t seriously have been more wrong in virtually every single line of the article, if it was iffy tthen I would recommend caution in case we get stung for a large legal bill.I also think they will settle out of court.

[quote user="Herman "]Did anyone get the rag today,to check?[/quote]

Yes there''s nothing in there.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If they do apologise it will be a very small article...Big Premiership teams have taken them to court, and got nothing but a paragraph on page 72 for their trouble, so what realistic chance have Norwich got???[/quote]

It won''t be a small apology. Point 1 on the letter our solicitors sent was:

"1. A full apology in wording to be agreed, to be published in at least as prominent a position in the next edition of the "News of the World" and on the NOTW website; in the same quantity as the offending Article."

[quote user="Klobo7"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If they do apologise it will be a very small article...Big Premiership teams have taken them to court, and got nothing but a paragraph on page 72 for their trouble, so what realistic chance have Norwich got???[/quote]

It won''t be a small apology. Point 1 on the letter our solicitors sent was:

"1. A full apology in wording to be agreed, to be published in at least as prominent a position in the next edition of the "News of the World" and on the NOTW website; in the same quantity as the offending Article."[/quote]Lol did you see where the offending article was?About 3 pages in from the back page, we''re hardly front page news these days!

Well obviously it was never going to be a full back page apology. But at the same time it''s not going to be a 2 line apology tucked away in amongst the under 17''s tiddly winks results

will they though?

arent the news of the world part of the same chain that rupert Mrudoch owns? Leathes Prior against the might of Murdoch and his legal team? i wouldnt want to be in our position... he''ll have us for breakfast.

Murdoch owns sky as well... how will this effect our Tv Coverage and revenue in future seasons?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

will they though?

arent the news of the world part of the same chain that rupert Mrudoch owns? Leathes Prior against the might of Murdoch and his legal team? i wouldnt want to be in our position... he''ll have us for breakfast.

Murdoch owns sky as well... how will this effect our Tv Coverage and revenue in future seasons?

[/quote]If they appologise it is a sign of guilt. If City want to pursue it, it''ll cost £1000s.  I reckon it''ll just fizzle out.

We won''t win it, they will turn round and say that a source, which they can''t reveal told them that we are close to going into adminstration and that they looked at out money worries, which are well publicised and they had everyright to print it. I hate tabloids for that, they have a ''source'' for everything and you know that the journo has added a quote and said it is from a well placed source.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]We won''t win it, they will turn round and say that a source, which they can''t reveal told them that we are close to going into adminstration and that they looked at out money worries, which are well publicised and they had everyright to print it. I hate tabloids for that, they have a ''source'' for everything and you know that the journo has added a quote and said it is from a well placed source.[/quote]It doesnt work like that.They are libel, they wont win this one.Its pretty clear cut as far as cases like these go.