Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Ole! Ole! Shut up!

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting, yes its too early to get complacent, or cocky. but does it make us look arrogant, I am not so sure. I think the ecstasy of the win creeps up and its all a bit of banter.

Would we be singing that if we lost? Probably not, but the mood at Carrow Road at the moment is good, although it can seem deflated at some points .... that lift at the end with those chants leaves the away fans and the team with the atmosphere that carrow road deserves.

I will keep singing in the Barclay, I will keep singing these songs. If we go up I will be happy that I did, if we dont, they can all come and see me sing them again next year, I will support in any way and as loud as I can!

So in conclusion every song we sing has to be factually correct and not in anyway arrogant.  That leaves us with OTBC but only when we have possesion of the football I believe.

[quote user="Longy"]So in conclusion every song we sing has to be factually correct and not in anyway arrogant.  That leaves us with OTBC but only when we have possesion of the football I believe.

[/quote]

And only when we''ve scored a goal. So we only sing when we''re winning. Oh no

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Longy"]So in conclusion every song we sing has to be factually correct and not in anyway arrogant.  That leaves us with OTBC but only when we have possesion of the football I believe.

[/quote]

And only when we''ve scored a goal. So we only sing when we''re winning. Oh no

[/quote]

Nope, If we''re 3-0 down, and score, we''ll sing at 3-1 down. [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PKC"]

Well lets see we now have to get all chants approved so lets test some out

Simon Lappin, King of Spain - Clearly he is not - REJECTED

Corey Smith, he''s everywhere - No thats not allowed either

The Doc, Ginger Pele - some on here would certainly object - Rejected

I could go on, does anyone take any football chant seriously, how many teams clain they are going to Wembley in the early rounds of the FA cup knowing they have no chance.

Just relax and enjoy the ride it strikes me that some posters would be happier if we were to stop winning just so they could say told you so.

[/quote]

Yes, you''re right.  Because I think "Ole Ole" is triumphalist and complacent, we shouldn''t sing any songs ever and secretly I want us to get relegated to Division two.  You sad little knob jockey.
[/quote]

Chops the comment about happier if we were to loose  wasn''t aimed at you and I don''t really have a problem if you choose not to join in with some songs. But if some fans want to sing we are going up I really don''t see it as a big problem it''s just fans being fans and is universal.

By the way i am neither sad or particually little, the other description I will leave for others but is there really any need to be quite so offensive.

the duke of norfolk wrote the following post at 30/01/2010 7:26 PM:

I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.

It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.

Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.

Im sorry Duke of Norfolk but i see myself as a glass half full type of guy, not a half empth which is what you seem to be!

Anyone else who has a glass that is half full sing along with me....Ole ole, ole ole, ole ole, ole ole going up up up, going up up up!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="hogesar"]Ohhh Up The Football League We Go, And When...I mean IF We Win The Title, This Is What We''ll Sing...We are norwich average/lucky/not-the-best-because-we-haven''t-won-yet norwich, we have modesty.....
[/quote]

Hahah that could get complicated after a few bevvies [:D]

[quote user="benedictgr"]Am i the only one that agrees with this guy ?? He is totaly right thinking were up already is stupid! Oli Johnson has not even played a full game for us yet. For all we know he could be another flop.[/quote]True. But i''ll try one more time. It''s a bloody CHANT, not a piece of legislature passed through parliament! IT really doesn''t matter!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.

Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".

Miserable to$$ers.
[/quote]

I have no problem with singing/chanting, but "ole ole, going up up up" in January does sound complacent.  Particularly when at the same time on the pitch our team are getting a lesson in passing football from Hartlepool United.

[/quote]

Yeah, no one thinks that singing is bad, of course singing is great, just cockyness and big headed-ness. [N]
[/quote]

Exactly!  We''re behaving like Leeds United were when they were 11 points clear in November.  It''s not generally a good idea to get ahead of ourselves.  If it was March or April then fine, but January?  Stupid.

[/quote]

yes we should all sit down shut up and read the program and drink the bovrille perhaps have a sleep during the match, or even stay at home, As long as the chance is possible for us to go up I will sing chant dance in the rows do anything thats within the rest of the Lower barclay limits OTBC  

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="benedictgr"]Am i the only one that agrees with this guy ?? He is totaly right thinking were up already is stupid! Oli Johnson has not even played a full game for us yet. For all we know he could be another flop.[/quote]True. But i''ll try one more time. It''s a bloody CHANT, not a piece of legislature passed through parliament! IT really doesn''t matter![/quote]

Apart from it does! I bet most of those norwich fans do actually think we are definetly going up, otherwise why else would they chant it

[quote user="benedictgr"]What is with everyone thinking that you should all shut up? I go to loads of away games and enjoy the atmosphere and sing a long. There is nothing wrong with the normal chants its just the "Oli" "Oli" ones and "going up up up". Iddiots![/quote]Yeah. I mean I tried making a thread the other day, and all I got was "of course i''m gonna bloody sing". Too right, of course we''re gonna sing, and rightfully so! Just arrogance is getting the issue I think, Whittle was right. [Y]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="benedictgr"]What is with everyone thinking that you should all shut up? I go to loads of away games and enjoy the atmosphere and sing a long. There is nothing wrong with the normal chants its just the "Oli" "Oli" ones and "going up up up". Iddiots![/quote]Yeah. I mean I tried making a thread the other day, and all I got was "of course i''m gonna bloody sing". Too right, of course we''re gonna sing, and rightfully so! Just arrogance is getting the issue I think, Whittle was right. [Y][/quote]I don''t see a problem with arrogance at all. Most clubs in our position sing these kind of chants, predominantly for fun, or for banter with the other team. This has gone on for 6 pages. Six pages discussing what should and shouldn''t be sung based on the facts of the league and games remaining....oh dear.