Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Ole! Ole! Shut up!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I will be personally starting a chant at the next game along the lines of:

"Say, we are top of the league, say, we are top of the league, but of course there are lots of games to go, and Leeds have games in hand and we could hit a bad patch or pick up injuries to key players so we not really that confident at this stage, so sorry if we offended anyone with our ridiculous overenthusiasm for our team."

Snappy or what?

[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Will you be starting a thread next week having a go at everyone for being too quiet?

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Precisely what I was trying to say before, but I got slashed. [:$]

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]Crap thread. Dick Head. I hear that Dereham town or Gt. Yarmouth are looking for supporters[/quote]Your the dickhead if you are a Norwich casual.  A Stone Island wearing muppet I bet.

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.

Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Will you be starting a thread next week having a go at everyone for being too quiet?[/quote]I won''t but someone else might.

I think it sounds arrogant at this stage of the season and I''m not changing my stance on that.

Of course I want an atmosphere at the ground and singing "We are top of the league!" is great as it is a fact, however promotion, although likely, is not.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.

Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Will you be starting a thread next week having a go at everyone for being too quiet?[/quote]I won''t but someone else might.

I think it sounds arrogant at this stage of the season and I''m not changing my stance on that.

Of course I want an atmosphere at the ground and singing "We are top of the league!" is great as it is a fact, however promotion, although likely, is not.

[/quote]Mhmm [Y]

Going up up up? From our lowest league position in 50 years? I''m not going to celebrate when we get promoted, I''m gonna be mighty relieved and hope that this never happens again.

Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.

Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".

Miserable to$$ers.
[/quote]

Maybe we should sit all the ''''don''t chant, don''t sing, and be quiet'' brigade in the same stand

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Or even in the same Stadium, like they do at Portman Road?[/quote]

lol are you suggesting we send all those to Portaloo road? [;)][:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Or even in the same Stadium, like they do at Portman Road?[/quote]

[/quote]

You could look on thr bright side, they come down we go up brilliant, lets have a party in the Barclay

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.[/quote]

Maybe we should sit all the ''''don''t chant, don''t sing, and be quiet'' brigade in the same stand

[/quote]Haha [:D].I don''t have a problem if some people don''t wish to join in with chants etc, some people don''t enjoy the atmospheric side of football (personally, i find that the best part but each to their own) but i think its ridiculous that NORWICH fans are complaining about other NORWICH fans creating an atmosphere with pro NORWICH chants. Where''s the downside?

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

You could look on thr bright side, they come down we go up brilliant, lets have a party in the Barclay

[/quote]

Hahaha I would find that only ever so slightly amusing [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.[/quote]I have no problem with singing/chanting, but "ole ole, going up up up" in January does sound complacent.  Particularly when at the same time on the pitch our team are getting a lesson in passing football from Hartlepool United.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.[/quote]I have no problem with singing/chanting, but "ole ole, going up up up" in January does sound complacent.  Particularly when at the same time on the pitch our team are getting a lesson in passing football from Hartlepool United.[/quote]Yeah, no one thinks that singing is bad, of course singing is great, just cockyness and big headed-ness. [N]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.[/quote]I have no problem with singing/chanting, but "ole ole, going up up up" in January does sound complacent.  Particularly when at the same time on the pitch our team are getting a lesson in passing football from Hartlepool United.[/quote]Yeah, no one thinks that singing is bad, of course singing is great, just cockyness and big headed-ness. [N][/quote]Exactly!  We''re behaving like Leeds United were when they were 11 points clear in November.  It''s not generally a good idea to get ahead of ourselves.  If it was March or April then fine, but January?  Stupid.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.[/quote]I have no problem with singing/chanting, but "ole ole, going up up up" in January does sound complacent.  Particularly when at the same time on the pitch our team are getting a lesson in passing football from Hartlepool United.[/quote]Yeah, no one thinks that singing is bad, of course singing is great, just cockyness and big headed-ness. [N][/quote]Exactly!  We''re behaving like Leeds United were when they were 11 points clear in November.  It''s not generally a good idea to get ahead of ourselves.  If it was March or April then fine, but January?  Stupid.[/quote]But...It''s just a football chant.I don''t think the players hear "Going Up Up Up" and think "Oh are we? Guess i''ll go get myself a cuppa, we''ll be alright with ten men, because the chant around the ground told me we''re going up. It''s therefore a much enforced fact".

It''s our team''s first winning season in a long time, but how dare anyne enjoy it. SSSHHHHHHHH!

You CAN sing, "We''re top of the table," but you CANNOT sing, "We''re going up!"

And speaking of stadium setting, when will they put more diaper changing tables in the toilets for all the whiners who p#ss themselves when the forbidden chant is sung?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"]Jesus Christ. They''re football chants. Any club in our position would do it.Not too many clubs however, would have people agreeing "Let''s not sing. Let''s not be happy. Screw it, let''s not go to the games until we''re 2nd in the Premiership".Miserable to$$ers.[/quote]I have no problem with singing/chanting, but "ole ole, going up up up" in January does sound complacent.  Particularly when at the same time on the pitch our team are getting a lesson in passing football from Hartlepool United.[/quote]Yeah, no one thinks that singing is bad, of course singing is great, just cockyness and big headed-ness. [N][/quote]Exactly!  We''re behaving like Leeds United were when they were 11 points clear in November.  It''s not generally a good idea to get ahead of ourselves.  If it was March or April then fine, but January?  Stupid.[/quote]But...It''s just a football chant.I don''t think the players hear "Going Up Up Up" and think "Oh are we? Guess i''ll go get myself a cuppa, we''ll be alright with ten men, because the chant around the ground told me we''re going up. It''s therefore a much enforced fact".[/quote]No, you''re probably right.  But while we''re not promoted for a good long while and while teams like Hartlepool continue to play better football than us, I''ll save from joining in the song for now.  Maybe in March my mouth will magically loosen and I''ll find my golden voice.  "We are top of the league," now there''s a song I can heartily join in with.

Well lets see we now have to get all chants approved so lets test some out

Simon Lappin, King of Spain - Clearly he is not - REJECTED

Corey Smith, he''s everywhere - No thats not allowed either

The Doc, Ginger Pele - some on here would certainly object - Rejected

I could go on, does anyone take any football chant seriously, how many teams clain they are going to Wembley in the early rounds of the FA cup knowing they have no chance.

Just relax and enjoy the ride it strikes me that some posters would be happier if we were to stop winning just so they could say told you so.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]It''s our team''s first winning season in a long time, but how dare anyne enjoy it. SSSHHHHHHHH!

You CAN sing, "We''re top of the table," but you CANNOT sing, "We''re going up!"[/quote]You can sing what you like.  I join in with some songs, and not others.  "One Ginger Pele?" - you betcha!  Now the fans who were booing Doc at the start of the season - where are they now, I wonder? 

[quote user="PKC"]

Well lets see we now have to get all chants approved so lets test some out

Simon Lappin, King of Spain - Clearly he is not - REJECTED

Corey Smith, he''s everywhere - No thats not allowed either

The Doc, Ginger Pele - some on here would certainly object - Rejected

I could go on, does anyone take any football chant seriously, how many teams clain they are going to Wembley in the early rounds of the FA cup knowing they have no chance.

Just relax and enjoy the ride it strikes me that some posters would be happier if we were to stop winning just so they could say told you so.

[/quote]Yes, you''re right.  Because I think "Ole Ole" is triumphalist and complacent, we shouldn''t sing any songs ever and secretly I want us to get relegated to Division two.  You sad little knob jockey.

Just pretend that going up! up! up! is in terms of our points tally, then its all ok, as its factual as long as we draw/win. :D

May I remind you Mister Chops of the thread I started last week......I did say about this arrogant behaviour, we are not up yet, and will look bloody stupid if we dont go up and play Hartlepool etc again next season, we dont want to be hated like Leeds fans do we???

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1971526/ShowPost.aspx

Thread....

"Why Have Norwich Fans Become So Arrogant"

Ohhh Up The Football League We Go, And When...I mean IF We Win The Title, This Is What We''ll Sing...We are norwich average/lucky/not-the-best-because-we-haven''t-won-yet norwich, we have modesty.....