Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Ole! Ole! Shut up!

I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.

It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.

Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.

I totally agree with you, yes we have a bit of a margin but we still have some tough games. Lets just focus on every game and if we keep winning, we should be singing this by the start of April!

yes, lets not be optimistic, dream of success or believe we can achieve promotion, lets just sit on our hands and button it.

this has to be the most rediculous Original post i have read in my time n this board... and i''ve read Smudger!

For Gods sake it''s just football banter it''s called atmosphere! Although i thought today was very quite.

I neither agree or disagree, im going to do a nutty nigel here and sit on the fence. On the one hand we should enjoy our success, on the other if we dont go up, heaven forbid, how much stick will we get next season???

Well said ... lets not get excited and enjoy winning under any circumstances. And for god''s sake ...stop singing everyone, bloody glory hunters [:|]

Belated sarcasm alert !!!!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]It does seem very complacent and smug.  If it was March or April I''d be more inclined to join in, but we were very ordinary today and didn''t deserve the song.

The atmosphere has been pretty woeful recently, in the first half against Brentford we were awfully quiet. Considering the position we are in, we should be abit louder.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]It does seem very complacent and smug.  If it was March or April I''d be more inclined to join in, but we were very ordinary today and didn''t deserve the song.[/quote]Jog on Chopsy!Loving the good times. Ordinary or not!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Misery guts [:)] Today was only the third footy match I''ve been to and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it including the singing. Just got home and thawing out now. [:)]

Another moan about the crowd/atmosphere. Give it a rest why don''t you. Obviously Lambo, our illustrious leader doesn''t agree with you.

We have played fantastic football this season but with the greatest respect to Hartlepool and the like, any football crowd needs something to ''bite on'' and this sort of fixture is not one of them unless we storm into a two goal lead early doors!!

We now have a brilliant manager, coaching staff, chairman, chief exec and a well run club we can all be proud of. Our support reflects all that has been achieved in a remarkably short space of time.

Just enjoy!!

Dear me, we could do with getting behind our team more rather than moaning about the songs we do sing. It is standard football banter which makes for an atmosphere, we wouldn''t people going to a game to enjoy themselves or create an atmosphere than opposition teams might find intimidating would we?

Its not Melodys real photo, I know that for sure as Ive seen it elsewhere. I think melody is someone using 2 usernames.

[quote user="Buckfast"]Its not Melodys real photo, I know that for sure as Ive seen it elsewhere. I think melody is someone using 2 usernames.[/quote]

I''m sure I have no idea what you''re talking about.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.

It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.

Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.
[/quote]

Or, lets actually enjoy this run and sing whatever we like.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Shut up.

[quote user="Lineo"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.

[/quote]

Or, lets actually enjoy this run and sing whatever we like.
[/quote]

OR we could enjoy the run, enjoy the football BUT not tempt fate and ask for other clubs to think we''re arrogant w£$%^rs by thinking we''ve got promotion tied up in January.

This is crazy, cant beleive someones even made such a stupid post, what are we supposed to be chanting??

We''re top of the league, broken a club record for succesive wins, top goal scorers etc etc.

You talk about having egg on our faces, well we''ve had that, we''ve had sh-t poored all over our sorry faces with relegation and the defeat at home to colchester. So come on, enjoy it... The worst thats going to happen is you get it wrong.. big deal.

There''s nothing to suggest we wont be going up now, the one thing that supporters give to the players is confidence... Nothing wrong with that winning feeling now is there?

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.

[/quote]

Shut up.
[/quote]

What a nut, this is probably our best season eversince our winning the championship, beating the Scum in october then going top and stayed there wake up Duke. 

Hartlepool where crap really...they should  have won, and didn''t therefore they where not the best team at Carrow road......

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]I was cringing again today to hear sections of our support chanting Ole, Ole, going up up up! and We''ll never play you again.It is January, and you were asking for egg on your faces as I thought Hartlepool were one of the best sides we have played at Carrow Road this season.Button it please untill when/if we do actually secure promotion or at the earliest April if we still have a lead on 3rd place.[/quote]Shut up.[/quote]

What a nut, this is probably our best season eversince our winning the championship, beating the Scum in october then going top and stayed there wake up Duke. 

[/quote]I think all following seasons in the Premiership and then in the Championship were better than this one, i.e. we weren''t in the third tier of English football playing crap teams where we don''t have to be very good to get three points.

I will be personally starting a chant at the next game along the lines of:

"Say, we are top of the league, say, we are top of the league, but of course there are lots of games to go, and Leeds have games in hand and we could hit a bad patch or pick up injuries to key players so we not really that confident at this stage, so sorry if we offended anyone with our ridiculous overenthusiasm for our team."

Snappy or what?

Sorry for going off topic here but just picking up on a conversation between Melody and Buckfast.

Is "Melody" not melody then as she had some strong views the other day??? And is she a poster with another Alias??? I also notice "she" has changed her signature.

Sorry for going off topic.....sing away lads and lasses!!!

Pride comes before a fall...............

Gloat away and watch it all come back when normal service is returned. Some people never ever learn.......