Sign in to follow this  
Robornio

Tony Fernandes interested in investing....

As I posted several weeks ago about Tony Fernandes (millionaire, owner of AirAsia and co-owner of Lotus F1) trying to buy West Ham. Well, after missing out to Gold & Sullivan, it seems he''s now turned his interest on other clubs. The BBC reports 7 clubs have come forward....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8487345.stm

....Come on Mr Fernandes; you''re taking Team Lotus out of Norfolk, so come give something back by investing in us!!!

Would he have had much dealing with us when they sponsored us? or would it have been left to some marketing director?

Just wondering if there was any other reason for them sponsoring us back then?

Or am I just clutching at straws thinking this guy may have some connection with Norwich

Thing is, we have been here before.Do we want some guy with no interest in Norwich city who just wants the club as a hobby?Who will want his own men on the board who are first and foremost, businessmen as opposed to really caring about NCFC.Then when his other business interests go up he wants his money back?Does money, unless its hundreds of millions, actually buy you success, ask Marcus Evans.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Would he have had much dealing with us when they sponsored us? or would it have been left to some marketing director?

Just wondering if there was any other reason for them sponsoring us back then?

Or am I just clutching at straws thinking this guy may have some connection with Norwich

[/quote]

the new lotus f1 team is nothing to do with either the lotus car company at hethel or Team Lotus racing team, therefore fernades is completely unlinked to us.

the malaysian consortium have licenced the name, as the Team lotus racing team (historic one) is not the team lining up on the f1 grid in march, it just happens that they are using the old toyota racing factory in norfolk until they get the factory in malaysia running next year.

Hell, it''s more likely than most ownership news seen in recent years. You''d hope the board (through external consultants) would have at least sent an exploritory letter? Still highly unlikely though.

He wanted 100% ownership of WHU so you''d have to assume he''d want the same anywhere else. He''s supposedly been watching WHU for 35 years so is clearly a big fan.

Can''t say the same for NCFC and he could turn out to be like the only other club owner involved in F1 also - Briatore. No thanks!

Linked with us on SSN this morning, also showed our Chairman and McNally discussing him.

Plus he has Jake Humprey telling him how good NCFC are on a daily basis, as anyone who follows F1 or Jake''s twitter will be aware of.

And he was in the fine City on Tuesday/Wednesday. [:-*]

it is very rare to be quite so open about one persons possible investment at NCFC. Of course all it is, is a calling card saying if Fernandes wants to talk he comes to a club with a debt but very high standards and reputation within football circles.

Again I would think the package that would be offered and the way it would be offered would not ask for someone to bulldoze in and takeover. This has been made very clear and therefore any new investment would be advertised as a seat on the board for X amount. As when Delia moved on the board, we will not want to move quickly but drip feed new investment in. I am sure that is the way our current board want to act. I don''t think the Norfolk connection is as important if Delia and local board members remain. However someone with a business head and an interest in football is approachable.

McNally has been brought into the NCFC family as a chance to run a club that again is highly acclaimed within football. I think he is actually our knight in shining armour, his reputation is well known and his approach will mean that any investor will know there is a very strong leader who can run this club day to day, as much as you invest in NCFC you are investing in a well respected man.

I thought it was interesting to add that they now will talk to investment from hong kong to california. I agree with this but think the package offered will unlikely be for complete control but to work with our existing directors.

So what is important from this is the new ethos, investment from outside the country is welcome. But I am sure the package is to protect local interests by being a partner rather than a takeover bid.

We must be open-minded about all "investment" options...

Anyone that isn''t clearly hasn''t grasped the "dire" state of our finances.

If one thing is clear now; Delia will not pass the club on to someone she does not trust will do a good job. We will not do a Portsmouth - but then again I doubt will win the FA Cup either.

Well, if this is actually the case, it''s superb someone else saw the logic of trying to get a real potentital investor involed. It also seems that Tony has been in Norwich the past couple of days, if his Twitter page is anything to go by....

http://twitter.com/tonyfernandes

Could be a good omen perhaps? :)

Wow, I picked up on the idea of contacting Tony weeks ago; now it''s actually being discussed by the board and is the main headline on here lol. Do you think our board and other influencial people read this board for ideas?? Fan power!! ;)

Anyone got a link to this guys profile ?Will he create the fab Four ??Ie: Bowkitt, McNally, Lambert & Fernandes?OR will be just be a leech and undermine all that we have achived since the appointment of McNally ??????Ideas / opinions ??

Well, there''s a Wiki page on him....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Fernandes

or his official blog site....

http://www.tonyfernandesblog.com/

That help?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Anyone got a link to this guys profile ?

Will he create the fab Four ??

Ie: Bowkitt, McNally, Lambert & Fernandes?

OR will be just be a leech and undermine all that we have achived since the appointment of McNally ??????
Ideas / opinions ??
[/quote]

He’s a massive sports fan and very ambitious so in some ways would be a positive addition. However, I think he would want 100% or nothing and would almost certainly get rid of Bowkett in the short term and probably McNally as well.

He has also said he is a master at “picking something up, improving it and moving it along (sic)”. The main worry wouldn’t be his tenure in charge but who he would eventually want to sell the club onto.

Also his F1 team is his biggest priority so I wouldn’t imagine millions and millions being pumped into the club as most of his funds are taken up with his big boy toys

but... if you were a multi millionaire and being a West Ham supporter, would you want to invest in another club? I''d only do so if it would never impact on the club I followed.

Norwich & West Ham may well be playing each other next season.

It it were me and it couldn''t be Norwich, it''d be Gorleston FC!!

There are 2 interesting points that actually make me feel there is something going on although in fairness I wont hold my breath.

1. Why is McNally not adding the words we have not had contact with him yet to his statement of I am sure we will speak to him in the future. This is making it seem like a deliberate leak to move things on.

2. Where are the evening news getting this he is beleived to have visited Carrow Road - do they mean he has been to a game - in which case I would have thought the press and fans would have been like a cat on hot stones or did they just get it of the comment on here that said his car was at Carrow Road - or more interestingly do they know more?

it does make norwich look a more healthy prospect . what is west hams full debt ..?

your right ,if we end up playing them in the same leauge .

i do think mcnally has something up his sleeve otherwise it would not have been mentioned ,

mcnally is proving to be a cult hero here in such a short space of time .

FAO Chris Lakey re your article today:Jake Humphrey is not a BBC F1 Commentator, he is the programmes presenter and his name is not spelt ''Humphries'' either. It would be nice to spell the name right of one of the clubs more famous fansThat is all.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]FAO Chris Lakey re your article today:Jake Humphrey is not a BBC F1 Commentator, he is the programmes presenter and his name is not spelt ''Humphries'' either. It would be nice to spell the name right of one of the clubs more famous fansThat is all.[/quote]Sorry Missus Humphrey.

Yep Wiz and singing I strangely agree in that surely if there was nothing going on at present but would like there to be they would deny all this rather than make it look like they have been talking as surely this would pee Fernandes off and would never talk.

Maybe however McNally is acting a bit like an agent ie he has heard he might be interested and the story is helped along to try and get all parties talking.

Certainly strange though that he aint saying we havent met with him and killing the story

This may be nothing,but there is an insurance link here.Fernandes owns a company called Tune Money who do insurance.One of their partners is CIMB Avivia.

https://www.tunemoney.com/web/guest/our-partners

''Nothing beats a marriage between a secure financial institution like CIMB and a renowned insurance provider like Aviva. They will be one of the parties underwriting Tune’s insurance and takaful policies.''

http://www.cimbaviva.com/

?

also you have to take into consideration how mcnally felt after the news of the world article .

i just cant see smoke without fire ,what also makes me wonder and surprised me to be honest no starts left norwich during the transfer window .

if it was  delia saying it, i would have not read anything into it ,but mcnally has done nothing but be honest and build bridges between city fans and the club .