Sign in to follow this  
Levi Stubbs

Michael Wynn-Jones

...is up for re-election to the board at Tuesday''s AGM.Who will be voting against? (And yes I know a show fo hands is merely academic!)

Another AGM/Delia love in on the cards methinks...

Yes, given how badly things are going at the moment I think it''s important to stir things up. Let''s burn down the ground as well for good measure.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Yes, given how badly things are going at the moment I think it''s important to stir things up. Let''s burn down the ground as well for good measure.[/quote]lol![Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Yes, given how badly things are going at the moment I think it''s important to stir things up. Let''s burn down the ground as well for good measure.[/quote]It''s just a few months ago that he and wifey were responsible for appointing Bryan Gunn as manager for the second time! Still even if we were hovering around the drop zone with Gunn still in charge there would be no reason to''rock the boat'' in many peoples eyes...

What?Got rid of the terrible ppl in the business like Doomcaster.Brought in Lambert and staff.Kept all our highly rated players.We''ve brought in new players despite the lack of funds.Not entertained the idea of selling the ground or licensing rights etc...

Remind me why we should vote against anyone of the current establishment?..

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]What?Got rid of the terrible ppl in the business like Doomcaster.Brought in Lambert and staff.Kept all our highly rated players.We''ve brought in new players despite the lack of funds.Not entertained the idea of selling the ground or licensing rights etc...

Remind me why we should vote against anyone of the current establishment?..[/quote]Got rid of people like Doncaster? The words stable,door,horse,bolted spring to mind!

I am sure those with any sense will see he gets re elected. The banks have the most say, they are keeping us a float and if they have confidence in the board then why should we worry?

Why? they had the bottle to change things,brought in mcnally,allowed him to do things his way and the result being....I love our board and although i understand some folk will moan even if the beer went up 1p,im not one of them...

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Why? they had the bottle to change things,brought in mcnally,allowed him to do things his way and the result being....I love our board and although i understand some folk will moan even if the beer went up 1p,im not one of them...[/quote]Yeh its a shame Smith and Jones did''nt realise they needed to ''change things'' and bring in someone like McNally years ago though! Still forgive and forget etc.

My clock goes forwards not backwards, we can''t do any more than be top of the league!!........well perhaps we can, top of the league in May!!

Maybe in the past but lets face it you are only judged on your last game and this year the board have got it right.

If Wyn - Jones was voted out I think this would be the order of the next events.

1. Delia would announce she is withdrawing her backing.

2. Banks and secured creditors would recall their loans

3. Club would go into administration and be docked 10 points

4. Ground would be sold

5. Administrator would stop certain players playing to protect their assets, and then sell them all at first oppurtunity

6. McNally would leave closely followed by his good friend Paul Lambert

Please do not upset the apple cart now, they maybe responsible for bad decisions in the past but we cant change them. We can however help with the future by supporting what they are doing now.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Yes, given how badly things are going at the moment I think it''s important to stir things up. Let''s burn down the ground as well for good measure.[/quote]

Would you like to borrow my new lighter? [:)]

Not a good idea to rock the boat at the moment but let''s not forget that Smith and Jones are largely to blame for the fact we are in league 1 in the first place, I still can''t see how with them at the helm we are going to go any higher than mid table in the Championship simply because they don''t have the money but at this moment in time I think we should at least be grateful we seem to be moving in the right direction at long last.

So who''s going to academically raise their hands against M-Dub?

No takers yet AC/GC.

I reckon those that are should sit together in order to be noticed amongst "the luvvies at the luv in". We need someone to organise this properly. Someone with experience in organising this type of protest. You only need about 20 of you to certainly be seen. And you can bet the press will be there so it should get reported.

Come on you shy guys.....

Let''s be ''avin'' you[:''(]

God help us with nutty ngel and his brigade, less than 2 days to go before the meeting and still working on a strategy. Great tactics, sit together and let''s hope you fill 2 chairs!!!!

[quote user="kdncfc"]

let''s not forget that Smith and Jones are largely to blame for the fact we are in league 1 in the first place, [/quote]

I haven''t forgot that fact and never will but I''m guessing that as things are going well that Delia and Michael will enjoy an easy ride at the AGM.

Hope you''re not going to slobber over her Nutty [:)]

Lovely old job. You''ll be perfectly placed to see AC is GC and friends vote against M-Dub.

You''re still my number one[:$]

Slobber???

I''m gonna invade her pitch[:@]

Anyway, I thought this was about M-Dub?

Can''t he have his moment in the sun without you pushing Delia in front of him?

You''re obsessed woman[:O]

[;)]

AS they are majority shareholders do please explain HOW they could possibly lose this vote.

Nutty your two share may just swing it (I don''t think)

And No I will not be in attendence as the thoughtless swines have picked my wifes birthday and after 42 years of marriage I can''t afford the divorce!

Of course they can''t lose the vote Butler. But a noticable collection of hands shown against M-Dub would send a message wouldn''t it? Surely that would be a better course of action than just complaining about people who go and calling the AGM a "love in."

My two bit tuppenny ha''penny shares won''t be voting against. I''m a luvvie and I luvagoodluvin I do!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

But I will be there and I don''t doubt you will have a better time at the Birthday Bash [^][Y]

So even though the vote makes no difference, you would like to make a token gesture of dislike to someone who is helping (albeit not very successfully) bankroll the club? I just don''t understand why there aren''t queues of investors lining up to make a bid :S

OTBC

Don''t worry Butler, I am sure you are guaranteed the more enjoyable evening. Lucky old me is working, so will be looking for someone to do a full report on here. Nutty, hope you take your shorthand pad!

[quote user="The Butler"]

AS they are majority shareholders do please explain HOW they could possibly lose this vote.

Nutty your two share may just swing it (I don''t think)

And No I will not be in attendence as the thoughtless swines have picked my wifes birthday and after 42 years of marriage I can''t afford the divorce!

[/quote]

Were you a child bride?[;)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Don''t worry Butler, I am sure you are guaranteed the more enjoyable evening. Lucky old me is working, so will be looking for someone to do a full report on here. Nutty, hope you take your shorthand pad![/quote]

No way Gazza!

I know when I''m out classed. City Angel is the "Ricardo of the AGM''s"[Y]

I will report back though... but maybe with an alternative view[;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Yes, given how badly things are going at the moment I think it''s important to stir things up. Let''s burn down the ground as well for good measure.[/quote]

Would you like to borrow my new lighter? [:)]

[/quote]

Or he could borrow MWJ''s lighter.