Sign in to follow this  
plymouth yellow

Armed Forces

Royal Signals Telecommunications Mechanic since 1996. Currently in Cyprus still serving. In 14 years I have seen, NI, Germany, Cyprus (twice), Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, The Fallies and Ascension Island.Posted back to UK to Corsham in March so should get to more games next year and have purchased my season ticket already. :)8 years to push!!!! lol

I manage the MoD''s photographic archive at www.defenceimagedatabase.mod.uk

There are some fantastic images to be seen.

If any of the ex or current service guys want to use any of these great pictures for personal or work use, drop me a line via the contact details page.

[quote user="We jammin bor"]Attn of Diesel Doris....i was in Lisburn between 88-91-then a 6mth gap-then back to Lisburn till demob in 94........I was in 26 sqn RCT,does your husband remember me.....Midnight was my nickname.....
[/quote]

We were in Lisburn 81-83  OMG thats nearly 30 years ago!![:O]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Royal Signals Telecommunications Mechanic since 1996. Currently in Cyprus still serving.

In 14 years I have seen, NI, Germany, Cyprus (twice), Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, The Fallies and Ascension Island.

Posted back to UK to Corsham in March so should get to more games next year and have purchased my season ticket already. :)

8 years to push!!!! lol
[/quote]

Did a stint up there in the Troodos whats  the snow like up there

General Dannatt the ex head of the Army is a season ticket holder. He sits just behind me.....

RAF technician since Jun 1986. Off on a holiday in the sand in April, missing the last half a dozen games and the promotion party!!!!

originally i joined royal navy as artificer then left and joined TA, 3rd battalion Royal Anglian

Plymouth Yellow

Got a number of our members down in the South West - especially round the Plymouth area!

Regularly meet up in Mutley Plain to watch the games on the box.

[quote user="plymouth yellow"]

Down side I have to see her every home game I travell from Plymouth.

[/quote]

RAF fire service 89-98 was always proud to wear my shirt where ever I was. I''ll never forget standing in a crouded Naafi bar in the Falklands only to see a canary away shirt walk past. I grabbed him and was a start of a good friendship. His name was Worzel and was a chef on HMS Somerset. If you read these forums mate or if anyone knows him gimme a shout.

cool, I live at the top of Mutley just near freedom fields. I try to get back as often as I can. when u guys travel down do you stay for a while?? as my car is now OOA so i have had to tag it out!!

I was in the army from 78 to 80 ended up a a corporal  in the RCT served in  germany twice and 2 stints at Colchester , ideal for city home games when not away playing soldiers and london away games . Only down side son born in essex  and a col u fan .

[quote user="Chelmsford Yella"]13 years in the Senior Service til 1998 - served on HMS Bristol, Ark Royal, Invincible, Westminster, Southampton & Coventry. Great times. Can vouch for Gus and the F2C lads - beer, City and dits. It doesn''t get much better.[/quote]

Correct me but did the coventry go down during the falklands? and wasnt this the ship that F arms from norwich,a great guy,died on?

[quote user="plymouth yellow"]cool, I live at the top of Mutley just near freedom fields. I try to get back as often as I can. when u guys travel down do you stay for a while?? as my car is now OOA so i have had to tag it out!![/quote]plymouth yellow - i am at weston mill.  the group meet in the dog and duck if there is a game on sky, however looking at the tv schedules ncfc are not showing again any time soon. so next venture will likely be an away day to bristol rovers 1st may.

Dont think SKY have announced the live football for the remainder of the season Steve - wouldnt be suprised to see City figure in a couple of games

[quote user="gedarfmyland"][quote user="plymouth yellow"]cool, I live at the top of Mutley just near freedom fields. I try to get back as often as I can. when u guys travel down do you stay for a while?? as my car is now OOA so i have had to tag it out!![/quote]
plymouth yellow - i am at weston mill.  the group meet in the dog and duck if there is a game on sky, however looking at the tv schedules ncfc are not showing again any time soon. so next venture will likely be an away day to bristol rovers 1st may.
[/quote]

When the folks come up, they usually come up for the weekend, such as Christmas Social Weekend (try to tie it in with a some game), Canaries Worldwide Weekend (organised by the Club) or last home game of the season (try to tie a Social in with that as well.

The F2C group always meet in The Murderers for pre-match couple of wets for all home games, and we try to organise other events through out the year

[quote user="plymouth yellow"]cool, I live at the top of Mutley just near freedom fields. I try to get back as often as I can. when u guys travel down do you stay for a while?? as my car is now OOA so i have had to tag it out!![/quote]

[quote user="gedarfmyland"][quote user="plymouth yellow"]cool, I live at the top of Mutley just near freedom fields. I try to get back as often as I can. when u guys travel down do you stay for a while?? as my car is now OOA so i have had to tag it out!![/quote]
plymouth yellow - i am at weston mill.  the group meet in the dog and duck if there is a game on sky, however looking at the tv schedules ncfc are not showing again any time soon. so next venture will likely be an away day to bristol rovers 1st may.
[/quote]

Isn''t it strange, that when we were serving in the forces we couldn''t wait to get back home and used to wish we were never there in the first place, But have to admit as the years go by you tend to think of the lads and the places you''ve been,so much so I have Taken my wife to every place except 3 where I was stationed, those being Falklands Hong kong and Canada, even walked up to the main gates of the Barracks aswell, I think its either I''m getting old or going Mentle or both,  any other ex forces done the same, I can''t be the only nutter

Jeez, where do i start, i''ve been through more conflicts than you''ve all had hot meals.... combined!

Halo 1,2 and 3 (Plus additional map packs)

Call of duty 1, 2 and 3

Battlefield 1942 (And Bad company)

All the Modern Warfare titles (Of which i''m currently serving)

And thats on top of my service in counterstrike v1.6.

You could say i''m a veteran, gotta say that my toughest conquest was Halo 3 as the disc drive had serious problems which resulted in, what us ''men'' call, a red light of death... I was mortified, those not exercised in the art of combat probably wouldnt have survived that kind of ordeal - Was a 3 week wait to have my console returned, it really was touch and go for myself and especially those around me.

You guys''ll have to add me sometime: skijumptoes.

...What??

Why you all staring at me? ;)

well will pop down to the dog and duck next time, I often see the city shirt being worn around mutley. Maybe meet you at the murderers at some stage, but (and this is weird coming from an ex matelot) not a big fan of drinking before the game, plus i drive my dad. but will bring him too as he is Ex Navy too.

Royal Marine 1990 - 2001.

1 year CTCRM (training took a little longer than usual, broke my damn foot)!

3 years in Plymouth - 42 Commando

3 years in Arbroarh - 45 Commando and Commachio Gp RM

2 years in Poole

2 years RMR London (lovely)

No regrets, other than being in Brunei for our European adventure, a fantastic life though

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

2 years in Poole

No regrets, other than being in Brunei for our European adventure, a fantastic life though

[/quote]Hope you made it to the New Den yesterday CU.It''s always handy to have a few City supporting commandos around when we''re playing Millwall........

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

2 years in Poole

[/quote]

Hope you made it to the New Den yesterday CU.

It''s always handy to have a few City supporting commandos around when we''re playing Millwall........
[/quote]

Unfortunately i was stuck at Salzburg airport waiting to fly to Gatwick and onto the match, after a brilliant weeks skiing, it was then planned like a military operation to go to the Den the back home to Norwich, then the bloody Thomas Cook plane gets a puncture... EIGHT hours in the terminal, when i eventually took off we were one up, turned on my phone at landing and found we''d lost... GUTTED!!!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

2 years in Poole

[/quote]Hope you made it to the New Den yesterday CU.It''s always handy to have a few City supporting commandos around when we''re playing Millwall........[/quote]

Unfortunately i was stuck at Salzburg airport waiting to fly to Gatwick and onto the match, after a brilliant weeks skiing, it was then planned like a military operation to go to the Den the back home to Norwich, then the bloody Thomas Cook plane gets a puncture... EIGHT hours in the terminal, when i eventually took off we were one up, turned on my phone at landing and found we''d lost... GUTTED!!!

[/quote]Eight hours in the terminal.......that''s bad luck. My commiserations.Don''t think Arnie would have hung around worrying about punctures though. He''d have hijacked an armed fighter jet, taken off for Bermondsey and blown up the terminal for good measure....( lol )

[quote user="We jammin bor"]You lads on here from the Royal Anglians must know of,or remember,my brother..........Robert Hill(Hilly).If you do,drop me a message and i''ll pass it on to him.....
[/quote]

Dont know if your brother is aware, but we have a reunion up in Norwich every year about 60-70 ex Vikings all ages meet up. If Robert not aware pm me, its a week Saturday.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

2 years in Poole

[/quote]

Hope you made it to the New Den yesterday CU.

It''s always handy to have a few City supporting commandos around when we''re playing Millwall........
[/quote]

[/quote]

Eight hours in the terminal.......that''s bad luck. My commiserations.

Don''t think Arnie would have hung around worrying about punctures though. He''d have hijacked an armed fighter jet, taken off for Bermondsey and blown up the terminal for good measure....( lol )
[/quote]

Now i''m curious Mr ''and Smith must score''! You obviously know where RMR London is... i lived in Surrey Quays, my local was a Millwall pub, they knew i was a Norwich boy (different leagues then) and i was made welcome in my two years there :-)  I was really looking forward to going back on saturday, really disappointed i missed it.  Have you a RM connection, or are you keeping hush?