Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Whaley contract cancelled

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]Anyone think we might have cancelled it in order to free up some wages to get someone else in today?[/quote]

I imagine this was in the pipeline for a bit so maybe already spent on Rose. Plus it''s not as if we need a replacement for him!

maybe, it is more likely that whaley said he would let it be cancelled for free so he could join a club on a perm deal today... If I were a Rochdale fan I guess I would be very excited by this news.

Simon could have done a job here, if he could have been arsed.

Our narrow setup wouldnt really accomadate him, so best for both parties.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Simon could have done a job here, if he could have been arsed. Our narrow setup wouldnt really accomadate him, so best for both parties.[/quote]

He showed promise in the preseason games, although mostly as a goalscorer!

Problem is, being arsed is 50% of the game. Holt would be rubbish if he just lazed around on the halfway line.

Another of Gunns genius signings down the drain....is Theo still here??? He will be next.

OTJ on loan to Yeovil, i expect that to become permanant, then send Gill back to Exeter.

McNamee vs Whaley? Hmm...But seriously, with Smith, Adeyemi, McNamee and Hughes available to play right wing, why would Whaley ever feature for us now?Only Cureton to go [:)]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Official SMS: Whaley contract cancelled.

Well done Gunn! Complete waste of money, as correctly predicted by PNE fans. Not as if he became garbage overnight!

[/quote]

And who was it that said Gunn will keep us in the Championship, Oh yes his Daughter, now where is that Facebook link?

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]To be fair pete_norw if you believe what a little girl has to say about football then your being a bit of a fool m8 ;) !!![/quote]

Delia and the old board did!

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]To be fair pete_norw if you believe what a little girl has to say about football then your being a bit of a fool m8 ;) !!![/quote]

Did you get fooled into signing her facebook then, I never but I wonder how many would admit that they did, like I said some time ago he was given the job before that facebook thing came out it was just a conn to make it look like we really wanted him, it was an easy way for the then board to divert blame end of   

Hardly a surprise. A poor player in truth - rarely looked threatening on the flank and unable to put a cross in. Only saving grace was that he had a decent shot on him. Another of Gunn''s flops out the door.

Hopefully we will get similar news regarding the likes of cureton, theoklitos and mcveigh.But what a waste of money whaley was £200,000 basically straiht down the drain.

Bl**dy hell, i had a heart attack when reading this on the bbc live feed:

News coming in from League One that Norwich City midfielder...

Thought it was Wes.

On a different note, i think it''s a little unfair to be saying "what a waste of money, he was rubbish" etc etc.

We don''t know he couldn''t have been good for us. All we know is it didn''t work out and that he''s essentially just become a victim of the management change and hence he didn''t fit in to PLs plans. People should have learnt this by now given all the players that fans have declared are useless who subsequently turn out to be very good for us. E.g. Wes, Lappin, Doc, Nelson...

[quote user="a1canary"]On a different note, i think it''s a little unfair to be saying "what a waste of money, he was rubbish" etc etc. We don''t know he couldn''t have been good for us. All we know is it didn''t work out and that he''s essentially just become a victim of the management change and hence he didn''t fit in to PLs plans. People should have learnt this by now given all the players that fans have declared are useless who subsequently turn out to be very good for us. E.g. Wes, Lappin, Doc, Nelson...[/quote]

Not sure how you can say that, a1. Whaley quite clearly showed what he was capable of against Wigan - but then failed dismally to show it against any other opposition. I think that says it all. You need someone who will compete all the time - not someone who''ll come out and play when facing illustrious opposition.

I''m sure Whaley will find his feet in L2 and possibly eventually work his way up the league ladder once more.

But that''s precisely my point Googler!

All this happened under Gunn. Whaley showed he had something to offer but couldn''t reproduce regularly. Couldn''t that be said for so many of our players for much of the last 10 years?

What is shown time and again is that football is played in the mind as much as on the pitch. So if you can get a good man manager who can get players minds straight, inconsistent frustrating players - of the kind we have had for years - suddenly become very decent. All the great managers are able to do this. Great example would be Gibbs. Roeder could see a decent player, i''ll give him that, but he couldn''t manage them for sh*t. Hence a player who looked distinctly average a year ago now doesn''t look out of place in one of the best sides in the country. Accepting he will have come on a bit since we had him, but certainly not as a result of spending time with Roeder!!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Official SMS: Whaley contract cancelled.

Well done Gunn! Complete waste of money, as correctly predicted by PNE fans. Not as if he became garbage overnight!

[/quote]It''s funny, he''s dead good in FIFA 10 [:P]