Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

DOC IN THE FRAME

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]he owes us a season like this next year in the Championship before things even up though.

[/quote]

He doesn''t owe us anything.

He''s done a bloody good job for us before this season.

This time round the difference is that he''s got a good manager and a good team around him not like last year when it was basically him and only 2 or 3 others fighting for the cause.

[/quote]

yeah, so much so that we got hammered 7-1 and he got dropped instantly when the good manager turned up - in his last 150 appearances he''s played 35ish good games and the rest of the time he''s been woeful and a clear target for any striker with ambition and a hint of pace.

He has had a few good performances before this season but he clearly owes us this type of form..........against opposition in a better league.

I feel he does owe us consistency and concentration.

GJP.....can you give me some examples of when he''s done a ''bloody'' good job for us before this season please rather than some jingoistic tosh because we''re doing well.

[/quote]

I reckon one mans jingoistic tosh is another mans examole of the truth. Can you give me some examples of where he''s been done by "any striker with a hint of pace"?

For the three seasons prior to this one we had too many players who weren''t brave. Players in midfield and defence who got away scot free with hiding because the fans didn''t noitice them. They just noticed the last man who was bravely still playing for the badge. Doc''s partners would lose their man, Doc would be covering for them as well as marking his own man, Doc would be seen and get the blame. Never was this more evident than at Charlton last season. The midfield would shirk their responsibilities and play the ball back to the defenders and the keeper who in turn incurred the wrath of the fans as the hoofed the ball up to Alan Lee because the midfield didn''t want the ball and would have given it straight back.

The Doc is not a better player this season. He is not quicker, he hasn''t suddenly learned to pass the ball. He is more confident and this confidence stems from having players around him being brave too. Players not hiding. Midfielders who play forwrds and want the ball. Doc.

Doc doesn''t really owe us anything but some fans owe him a bit more understanding about what happened in the last three seasons.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]he owes us a season like this next year in the Championship before things even up though.

[/quote]

This time round the difference is that he''s got a good manager and a good team around him not like last year when it was basically him and only 2 or 3 others fighting for the cause.

[/quote]

I don''t often agree with you, but that is pretty much spot on.

[Y]yeah, so much so that we got hammered 7-1 and he got dropped instantly when the good manager turned up - in his last 150 appearances he''s played 35ish good games and the rest of the time he''s been woeful and a clear target for any striker with ambition and a hint of pace.He has had a few good performances before this season but he clearly owes us this type of form..........against opposition in a better league.I feel he does owe us consistency and concentration.GJP.....can you give me some examples of when he''s done a ''bloody'' good job for us before this season please rather than some jingoistic tosh because we''re doing well.

[/quote]

I reckon one mans jingoistic tosh is another mans examole of the truth. Can you give me some examples of where he''s been done by "any striker with a hint of pace"?

For the three seasons prior to this one we had too many players who weren''t brave. Players in midfield and defence who got away scot free with hiding because the fans didn''t noitice them. They just noticed the last man who was bravely still playing for the badge. Doc''s partners would lose their man, Doc would be covering for them as well as marking his own man, Doc would be seen and get the blame. Never was this more evident than at Charlton last season. The midfield would shirk their responsibilities and play the ball back to the defenders and the keeper who in turn incurred the wrath of the fans as the hoofed the ball up to Alan Lee because the midfield didn''t want the ball and would have given it straight back.

The Doc is not a better player this season. He is not quicker, he hasn''t suddenly learned to pass the ball. He is more confident and this confidence stems from having players around him being brave too. Players not hiding. Midfielders who play forwrds and want the ball. Doc.

Doc doesn''t really owe us anything but some fans owe him a bit more understanding about what happened in the last three seasons.

[/quote]

Damn, cocked that up!Somewhere amongst all that I say :-I don''t often agree with you, but that is pretty much spot on.[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Yep, very well put Nutty. The fact of the matter is that to the intellectually challenged, Doc is seen as symbolic of (and therefore mostly responsible for) the last few seasons of struggling and relegation. Whilst other players who were equally as involved will not be mentioned by said individuals, no matter how well Doc plays now or in the future, people will always go back to their "memories" of him being done by every player with pace and giving away dozens of penalties.I''ve come to realise that there''s absolutely nothing that can be done to change this, but take a little comfort from the fact that he has become infinitely more confident, and has been a real asset this season. Also, I''ve seen many people agree that the top few teams in the division would more than hold their own in the Championship, and Doc has more than held his own against said teams - ergo, the fact his performances have been mightily impressive is not solely down to the fact we''re playing at a lower level now. On current form I think he would be a good player for us in the Championship as well, given our financial situation.

To "butch up" means to grow a pair, act like a man, stop your sissy whinging about how Doherty is being maligned when there has not been an anti-Doherty thread on here in ages you whiners.

Stop being a drama queen, in other words.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]yeah, so much so that we got hammered 7-1 and he got dropped instantly when the good manager turned up - in his last 150 appearances he''s played 35ish good games and the rest of the time he''s been woeful and a clear target for any striker with ambition and a hint of pace.He has had a few good performances before this season but he clearly owes us this type of form..........against opposition in a better league.I feel he does owe us consistency and concentration.GJP.....can you give me some examples of when he''s done a ''bloody'' good job for us before this season please rather than some jingoistic tosh because we''re doing well.

[/quote]

[/quote]Far too sensible an analysis for this forum Nutty.

Another thing i love is the reaction of Lappin everytime we concede. He seems to take every goal personally. Works hard every game. I think he could well become a legend.

My 1000th post is in support of the Doc, and of Nutty''s post, which is spot on.

Houston, you need to butch up, my love, and admit you were wrong about the Doc.

The Doc is "crap" myth is the biggest load of squit in recent times regarding Norwich City!

All this rubbish about him playing well because we''re in League 1 and Lamberts here is also way wide of the mark - He was outstanding last season and with Clingan was head and shoulders above every other player over the course of the season. Its just that some fans (who either don''t go to games or don''t know F all about football) need a scapegoat which has been the Doc. People seem to think that every club we play have got better centrebacks that the Doc but I think the Ginger ones is one of the best centrebacks in this Division and I hope he is still with us next season!

The facts are over 200 games for the club and the majority of them have been good performances. He cost £750,000 which has proved money well spent. Hes owes the club nothing.

Last season he was our best Central defender better than the supposedly superior Stefanovic and Kennedy!

This season yes hes looked better because of being in a poorer League but has improved his game by at last being a threat in the oppostions box and scoring goals!

Houston Canary mentions "Doherty freaks" - obviously referring to fans who defend the Ginger Pele.

I''m not a Doc freak as he/she puts it - I just say it as I see it and thats normally how it is and the Doc is our best central defender and has this season been outstanding in most of the games hes played for us and the bad ones you''d be able to count on one hand and you''d have fingers left over!

Oh and like another poster rightly says - The Doc has often been blamed for other players not doing their jobs particularly midfielders gettign caught and putting the defence in the sh*te!

Last season he was one of the few players that can look back and say they gave it their all and performed well.

Lack of pace - Rubbish!

The Doc isn''t the fastest but hes far from being slow and in this League particularly is rarely beaten for pace. I remember the supposedly Doc outrunning the very quick Earnie against Forest!

I always laugh when the Doc has been slated and yet earlier this season some fans were jizzing over Jens Berthal Askou who has been good but not as good as the Doc and not as good as some have made out. When the Doc makes a mistake it has been blown out of all proportions while other players mistakes have been quickly forgotten!

I''m glad that every manager from Worthy onwards even Roedernowhere could see that the Doc is a quality CB. Managers are experts in football and know more than any of us on here so the fact Doc has been played by every manager since Worthy says something!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]When will you Gary Doherty freaks get over the fact that he was called out for being a liability when he was one? He has not been called out in ages, and yet here is another thread moaning about how people dared criticize before. Get over it, Nancy. Time to butch up and move on.[/quote]

It seems to me that some people are not best placed to make such judgements. 

To be honest, one of the reasons I wanted to signpost Doc for his form and commitment this season is because the man himself is modest and self effacing. I honestly think he really gives a damn what supporters think and a little man love going his way is no bad think.

Now, Houston, when I say: man love...........................................................................................................................................

The POINT you nitwits are missing is that there has been NO SLATING OF DOHERTY for ages and yet Rudol Phucker comes on here sniffling away his tears because his present finally arrived when he thought he was getting nothing, and NOW he''s gonna show us all, wiping his nose with his sleeve and announcing, "Oh I''m gonna show THEM!!" Meanwhile, the nondisillusioned wonder why he''s griping about something that doesn''t exist any longer.

Rudol, your comments resound with your personal doubt. Do you think you are funny, or are you really insecure about yourself? If it''s the former, trust me on this: you are not. The way you write on and on and on and on about Gary Doherty probably makes even him feel uncomfortable.

Yes the Doc knockers have quietened down in recent times but theirs still murmourings from time to time.

Like in the Paulton game when the Doc put his hand on the attacker (which is legal!) and the guy knew if he went down it would look like a foul - The Doc was crucified!

When we signed Whitbread some made out it was to replace the ineffective Doc!!

The ridiculous rumour about the Doc going to Plymouth - "yeah let him go, good riddance some made out" - why on earth would it be a good thing losing our best CB?

The Doc is one of our best!

Get over all the Doc knocking!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The POINT you nitwits are missing is that there has been NO SLATING OF DOHERTY for ages and yet Rudol Phucker comes on here sniffling away his tears because his present finally arrived when he thought he was getting nothing, and NOW he''s gonna show us all, wiping his nose with his sleeve and announcing, "Oh I''m gonna show THEM!!" Meanwhile, the nondisillusioned wonder why he''s griping about something that doesn''t exist any longer. Rudol, your comments resound with your personal doubt. Do you think you are funny, or are you really insecure about yourself? If it''s the former, trust me on this: you are not. The way you write on and on and on and on about Gary Doherty probably makes even him feel uncomfortable.[/quote]

The simple point I think you are missing you right little silly billy you is that it was a perfectly reasonable post by Rudolph ( i think he means rude ol'' phucker) praising a much maligned player, and maybe you are a little too far away to realise there is always a bit of Doc bashing in the air. To be fair, anyone who takes a bit of stick for defending someone against the run of play is quite entitled to give a bit of I told you so when the said player his proving his doubters wrong. Trust me on this, Doherty is only ever one mistake away from an out of proportion slating.  

What the Queen would say?

I bashed Doherty when he deserved it. I have said on numerous occasions recently that he has done well. I was NOT one of the fantasy dreamers who praised his efforts against Colchester in August because he was a wreck in that game. Plenty of people came on here to try to spin things differently into a valient effort by him as he captained our team to its worst home defeat ever.

It is those with blinders on who see him as infallible. Nutty Nigel''s post is a good example of that. WAY over the top in his praise for someone who anchored a disasterous defense to 2 relegations in 4 years. In his view, Doherty was the only good player and it was everyone else who was crap, and he was trying to cover for all of them. That''s is just ridiculous.

Once again, there have been NO anti-Doherty threads on here in ages. All of your snivelling whining is based on, "if Doherty had done that mistake, he''d be crucified," speculation. Your opinion of fellow fans is weak.

EVERYONE here is happy to see him do consistently well the past few months. Get over yourself and try to enjoy the ride instead of being miserable about it. But don''t go overboard and build him up to be Gary "Diego" Maradoherty when he''s not.

I think you lot are being very unfair on Houston. Just because he lives in Texas and never gets to see Doc play, it doesn''t mean he can''t express an opinion on the Doc''s performance.

Does it....??

I have seen him play plenty of times. You didn''t see WWII, but I bet you have an opinion on it, yellow.

OOOOhhhhh, you thought you were being so clever but you got burned!

Houston your a t*at who sounds you either don''t watch Norwich games or if you do your very very blinkered, or you don''t know diddy squit about football, or you just listen to other idiots who unfairly critiscise the Doc or even all 4?

Yes the Doc has had his shockers as all players do but out of over 200 games theirs been mainly solid performances and most of the ginger ones bad games were earlier on in his Norwich career particularly that season in the Premeirship when he was played up front often which I wouldn''t want to see him do now in the 3rd Division!

The last 3 seasons he has been one of our best players. 2008 he started of injured but took over from Martin Taylor when he went back to Birmingham. 2009 was initially out of favour cause we had the supposedly better Stefanovic and Kennedy but the Doc got back in, was easily better than both of them and with Clingan was head and shoulders better than any other player we had over the course of our disasterous relegation. This season since coming back in hes been a class act, developed a scoring knack and is one of the best centrebacks in the Division.

Its no coincidence that from Worthy through to Lambert and all inbetween managers have picked the Doc more often than hes not been in the team and like has been said many times before they''d know more about whats what in football than anyone on this forum though in Houstons case that wouldn''t be difficult!

Often in the past the Doc has got the flak for other players bad performances like a lightweight midfield meaning the back 4 were put under pressure or the team losing was the Docs fault. The ColU home game (was Houston even there?) was a freak result with a painfully rubbish keeper in goal who should never of been allowed to represent Norwich in a 1st team game which obviously upset the defence and yes the Doc and Nelson at CB were 2 of a poor shower of sh*te Norwich performance, but the Doc knockers try to make out that if the Doc wasn''t there it would have been all different!!

I think the Doc gets stick cause hes not the best looking, looks about at least 10 years older than his actual age and isn''t not flash.

My defending the Doc sounds like Iam a blinkered fan of the Ginger one but I just say it as it is and having watched most of the Docs games with my own eyes (not on a computer!) since he came to us in 2004 I can safely say that the Doc has done a grand job for the club albeit with a small number of dodgy games and has been very good value for money which cannot be said about many players signed in the last 5 years!

Like anorther poster suggest Houston - stick to American football cause your blinkered drivel about a player who whether you and other slaters admit it or not is one of our best players (and one who in his position we''d have to pay a hefty fee to get a better replacement!) is ridiculous and ignorant!

In his present form the Doc has to given a new 2 year contract!

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Another thing i love is the reaction of Lappin everytime we concede. He seems to take every goal personally. Works hard every game. I think he could well become a legend.[/quote]Lappin is just rather theatrical. He dives, he makes the most of every foul against him, argues with referees, pretends he''s Maradona at the 1994 World Cup when we score, and throws his arms around when we concede.

grantroeder, you''re a t#at if you believe most of what you wrote. You''re also a tw#t for missing the point yet again.

Coming on here over and over and over again snivelling about all the Doherty haters when there HASN''T BEEN AN ANTI-DOHERTY thread in ages makes you look like a confused kid who feels neglected because he didn''t get all the presents he wanted even though he got most of them.

Do you understand what I am saying and ignore it, or are you really that kid? Dry your eyes, blow your nose, splash some water on your face and then try to come up with a reseaonable answer instead of your jingoistic nonsense.

Ho ho ho, watch NFL, because I must know nothing about soccer or NCFC! Very clever comeback from the peanut gallery who obviously have nothing real to say and are grasping at straws for a retort. You''re just jealous that I know so much about both and you know nothing about either.