Sign in to follow this  
tramplad

how about a better song for GRANT HOLT

the rude chant used for grant holt has to go. we have to be better than other fans. and not offend our own younger fans.how about. This to the tune of strangers in the night. WE ALL LOVE GRANT HOLT, TAKING CHANCES, SHOOTING FOR THE THE GOAL. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, BEFORE THE YEAR IS THROUGH. REPEAT.

[quote user="dislexic clockspring"]the rude chant used for grant holt has to go. we have to be better than other fans. and not offend our own younger fans.how about. This to the tune of strangers in the night. WE ALL LOVE GRANT HOLT, TAKING CHANCES, SHOOTING FOR THE THE GOAL. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, BEFORE THE YEAR IS THROUGH. REPEAT.[/quote]

That is bloody awful.

This bizarre crusade to create a new song for Holt just isn''t going to work. The best footy songs are simple, and the current one is while displaying affection.

If you are offended by the swearing, don''t join in. Or better still, don''t go to football.

[quote user="dislexic clockspring"]the rude chant used for grant holt has to go. we have to be better than other fans. and not offend our own younger fans.how about. This to the tune of strangers in the night. WE ALL LOVE GRANT HOLT, TAKING CHANCES, SHOOTING FOR THE THE GOAL. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, BEFORE THE YEAR IS THROUGH. REPEAT.[/quote]I f**king hate that chant, I f**king hate that chant.

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]I bet the posters a woman.[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised, they are the usually the ones wailing about not swearing at football. Funnily enough, I''ve heard more bad language from kids/ teenagers than I have at Carrow Road.

Personally, I like the Grant Holt chant.

where i work its accepted that the F word is just a normal part of the english language even in front of women and the C word among blokes is almost a term of endearment ..however if someone says the C word in front of a woman then  all hell breaks loose lol they come over al dizzy and have to sit down and fan themselves to get over the shock [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

where i work its accepted that the F word is just a normal part of the english language even in front of women and the C word among blokes is almost a term of endearment ..however if someone says the C word in front of a woman then  all hell breaks loose lol they come over al dizzy and have to sit down and fan themselves to get over the shock [:D]

[/quote]

Blimey, really? It''s good none of them sit next to my husband* at the footy then!

*yes I am a woman, by the way

[quote user="dislexic clockspring"]the rude chant used for grant holt has to go. we have to be better than other fans. and not offend our own younger fans.how about. This to the tune of strangers in the night. WE ALL LOVE GRANT HOLT, TAKING CHANCES, SHOOTING FOR THE THE GOAL. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, BEFORE THE YEAR IS THROUGH. REPEAT.[/quote]Have you ever heard a football song sung to the tune of Strangers in the Night? I bloody haven''t!

How about something that rhymes even less and doesn''t even suggest sex as Strangers in the Night does?

I suggest Feelings!

Grant Holt, whoa whoa whoa Grant Holt

Trying to forget those

Years without Hooooooolt.

Sarcasm aside, THIS IS NOT WOMEN''S FOOTBALL!

[quote user="dislexic clockspring"]the rude chant used for grant holt has to go. we have to be better than other fans. and not offend our own younger fans.how about. This to the tune of strangers in the night. WE ALL LOVE GRANT HOLT, TAKING CHANCES, SHOOTING FOR THE THE GOAL. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, BEFORE THE YEAR IS THROUGH. REPEAT.[/quote]That is truly, truly just awful. Abysmal. The worst song attempt I think I''ve ever seen.Anyway, we do fu cking love Grant Holt.

How about singing this to the tune of feed the birds from Mary Poppins

''Feed the horse...he''ll score us a goal..

heh more work needed for another verse :P

Afternoon all i am a new user, to be honest we need to think of some new songs. they are all getting a bit boring. same songs different season. i cant stand the muppet who gets us singing OTBC. Do we actually need him! I hate to say it but even OTBC is getting a bit tedious. sorry fellas.

Grant Holt Song to the tune of "On top of Old Smokey" or as some will know from Scouts "on top of Spaghetti"!

Already a Legend,

We love him to bits,

He''ll get us promoted,

Grant Holt is the tits!

Lets hear it this afternoon!

OTBC

[quote user="VoiceoftheJarrold"]

Grant Holt Song to the tune of "On top of Old Smokey" or as some will know from Scouts "on top of Spaghetti"!

Already a Legend,

We love him to bits,

He''ll get us promoted,

Grant Holt is the tits!

Lets hear it this afternoon!

OTBC

[/quote]

Good work mate; this is some sweet lyrics

Just thought of a chant whilst sitting on the dunny...

To the tune of Beatle''s Yellow submarine..

We love Grant Holt the yellow goal machine, yellow goal machine, yellow goal machine.. (& repeat...)

Catchy, and somewhat annoying. It''s peeing me off already..

[quote user="Albinozak"] even OTBC is getting a bit tedious[/quote]Top right of the screen click the word to the left of ''Settings'' ...

Ta.

I second that Albinozak! I''ve always said that we should have some sort of signal or anyhting along them lines which suprises the away fans! The 3,2,1 is the reason they abuse us during the chant !!

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"][quote user="Albinozak"] even OTBC is getting a bit tedious[/quote]Top right of the screen click the word to the left of ''Settings'' ...

Ta.[/quote]seconded. players chants will come and go, OTBC is older than the club and connects generations, leave it alone!

The current chant is staying. We can''t use feed the horse either. He is much better than Geoff Horsfield

[quote user="dislexic clockspring"]the rude chant used for grant holt has to go. we have to be better than other fans. and not offend our own younger fans.how about. This to the tune of strangers in the night. WE ALL LOVE GRANT HOLT, TAKING CHANCES, SHOOTING FOR THE THE GOAL. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES, WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, BEFORE THE YEAR IS THROUGH. REPEAT.[/quote]

Fuck off

I think as one of our best players he does deserve something with a bit more thought than we f***ing love Grant Holt. It must have taken all of 5 seconds to come up with that. The Simon Lappin song on the other hand is class.

[quote user="fleckyfan"]Can''t see anything wrong with the song, How about following it with "If you really f*****g love him clap your hands"[/quote]

ha ha

[quote user="fleckyfan"]Can''t see anything wrong with the song, How about following it with "If you really f*****g love him clap your hands"[/quote]

ha ha

Six foot two

Eyes of blue

Grant Holt will score against you

la la la la la la la etc

to the tune of the old Duncan Forbes song for those of us old enough to remember.