Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Re: HUCKERBYS BOOTS - DARREN HUCKERBY PROFILE

another unofficial website which will go under in a year...shame really as these lads who run them are enthusiastic but they never seem to work.

One of the best I saw was The Nest and that Kick it off this season was good, I liked the awards section!

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

another unofficial website which will go under in a year...shame really as these lads who run them are enthusiastic but they never seem to work.

One of the best I saw was The Nest and that Kick it off this season was good, I liked the awards section!

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?

Just had a look, looks pretty good.One small criticism, I read your Huckerby profile and, just my opinion here, I find the font you have used for it really curly and a bit annoying to read.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?[/quote]the colours are not my beef. its the long loading time, the woeful "pubcast" and the overall feel that it was made by a year 8 in an ict lesson.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go.

Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.
[/quote]

I hope you''re around in a year Barclayman because as I said in my OP its a shame because people like you who run these websites are enthusiastic and deserve to be rewarded for your efforts.

Please accept my apologies if you saw my post as a critisicm to your excellent website.

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?[/quote]the colours are not my beef. its the long loading time, the woeful "pubcast" and the overall feel that it was made by a year 8 in an ict lesson.[/quote]haha, nice one. Yeh the loading time of 2 and half seconds is so frustrating. If its taking longer its your woeful broadband connection, not the site.The pubcast is meant to be raw and amateurish. Listen to Lakeys ''official'' one, its terrible, clinical and boring. Or perhaps you prefer that style. Your choice. It was our intention to make a podcast that was basically 3 guys sat in a pub talking about the match. If you want a more professional production then listen to Lakeys. If you want talk from the average fan on the street, then listen to ours. Thats the beauty of the internet, it caters for all. We could have easily recorded it in a quiet room and structured it professionally, but thats not what I wanted.If 99% of people love the podcast style and 1% hate it, who am i gonna beleive?

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]

I hope you''re around in a year Barclayman because as I said in my OP its a shame because people like you who run these websites are enthusiastic and deserve to be rewarded for your efforts.

Please accept my apologies if you saw my post as a critisicm to your excellent website.

[/quote]Thanks NL

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?[/quote]the colours are not my beef. its the long loading time, the woeful "pubcast" and the overall feel that it was made by a year 8 in an ict lesson.[/quote]Ive said from day one im no professional web designer. If you can make a much better, proper pro site then be my guest. Send me a link when your done.

[quote user="morty"]Just had a look, looks pretty good.One small criticism, I read your Huckerby profile and, just my opinion here, I find the font you have used for it really curly and a bit annoying to read.[/quote]changed the font, looks a bit better.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="morty"]Just had a look, looks pretty good.One small criticism, I read your Huckerby profile and, just my opinion here, I find the font you have used for it really curly and a bit annoying to read.[/quote]changed the font, looks a bit better.[/quote]Yeah it does.[Y]

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?[/quote]the colours are not my beef. its the long loading time, the woeful "pubcast" and the overall feel that it was made by a year 8 in an ict lesson.[/quote]haha, nice one. Yeh the loading time of 2 and half seconds is so frustrating. If its taking longer its your woeful broadband connection, not the site.The pubcast is meant to be raw and amateurish. Listen to Lakeys ''official'' one, its terrible, clinical and boring. Or perhaps you prefer that style. Your choice. It was our intention to make a podcast that was basically 3 guys sat in a pub talking about the match. If you want a more professional production then listen to Lakeys. If you want talk from the average fan on the street, then listen to ours. Thats the beauty of the internet, it caters for all. We could have easily recorded it in a quiet room and structured it professionally, but thats not what I wanted.If 99% of people love the podcast style and 1% hate it, who am i gonna beleive?[/quote]i actually like the pubcast idea i just feel it''s executed very poorly. you always seem to say "we''ll have to edit that out". sorry for the harsh critism, late nights early mornings don''t make me the friendliest of chaps. i think your site actually contains good ideas just done poorly, like can''t you keep a backlog of all the profiles u''ve done rather than only being able to see one. the point about the loading time was that if its 2 seconds now when there isn''t much on it won''t it be longer and longer the more you add to it.also i noticed that i can edit alot of the text, obviously only for me to see, but still makes the website feel amatuerish. aswell as score predictions with fans could you not do motm aswell??anyway you must be doing something right as ever time you you post a link saying you added something i always check it out

Thats the point tho, as ive said im no professional web designer, the site was made in under 2 hours, and yes its amatuerish, cause im no pro.So what you see is what you get.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?[/quote]the colours are not my beef. its the long loading time, the woeful "pubcast" and the overall feel that it was made by a year 8 in an ict lesson.[/quote]haha, nice one. Yeh the loading time of 2 and half seconds is so frustrating. If its taking longer its your woeful broadband connection, not the site.The pubcast is meant to be raw and amateurish. Listen to Lakeys ''official'' one, its terrible, clinical and boring. Or perhaps you prefer that style. Your choice. It was our intention to make a podcast that was basically 3 guys sat in a pub talking about the match. If you want a more professional production then listen to Lakeys. If you want talk from the average fan on the street, then listen to ours. Thats the beauty of the internet, it caters for all. We could have easily recorded it in a quiet room and structured it professionally, but thats not what I wanted.If 99% of people love the podcast style and 1% hate it, who am i gonna beleive?[/quote]

Stop harping on about peoples internet connections being poor, you ultra f*ck-wit!There are many out there who share bandwidth with other users on wireless connections, but that doesn''t excuse the fact that your site IS slow to load - like you, I''m no professional web designer, but I''d hazard a guess that the fonts there are way too large - one thing is certain though; I have no problem with the myriad other sites I visit, despite being one of the many who share bandwidth with others on a broadband wireless connection.Ultimately, I think your attitude stinks - you seem unable or willing to take the slightest criticism - hardly a good  credential for someone who is supposed to be trying to attract members to ones site. Now, do yourself & I a favour and refrain from replying to this post - in fact, cease replying to any of my posts ever again here at the Pink ''Un. If you find you can''t resist temptation, do yourself a HUGE favour and never refer to me as immature again - failure to do so will leave me no choice but to visit that boozer while you''re doing a "podcast" and ram the microphone right up the length of your arsehole - sideways.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]Thanks NL. You know what weve recieved so much positive feedback from people, fans, pinkun posters even people at the club, yet theres always gonna be the odd person or two who just have to have a go. Were going nowhere and we will very much still be here this time next year.[/quote]who are these people at the club? ?[/quote]Oh look another one. What is your problem guys. If you dont like the site fine, you dont have to go on it. But why the negativity? Its something yellow and green so why the negative opinions? Would you like it if it was blue and white?[/quote]the colours are not my beef. its the long loading time, the woeful "pubcast" and the overall feel that it was made by a year 8 in an ict lesson.[/quote]haha, nice one. Yeh the loading time of 2 and half seconds is so frustrating. If its taking longer its your woeful broadband connection, not the site.The pubcast is meant to be raw and amateurish. Listen to Lakeys ''official'' one, its terrible, clinical and boring. Or perhaps you prefer that style. Your choice. It was our intention to make a podcast that was basically 3 guys sat in a pub talking about the match. If you want a more professional production then listen to Lakeys. If you want talk from the average fan on the street, then listen to ours. Thats the beauty of the internet, it caters for all. We could have easily recorded it in a quiet room and structured it professionally, but thats not what I wanted.If 99% of people love the podcast style and 1% hate it, who am i gonna beleive?[/quote]

Stop harping on about peoples internet connections being poor, you ultra f*ck-wit!There are many out there who share bandwidth with other users on wireless connections, but that doesn''t excuse the fact that your site IS slow to load - like you, I''m no professional web designer, but I''d hazard a guess that the fonts there are way too large - one thing is certain though; I have no problem with the myriad other sites I visit, despite being one of the many who share bandwidth with others on a broadband wireless connection.Ultimately, I think your attitude stinks - you seem unable or willing to take the slightest criticism - hardly a good  credential for someone who is supposed to be trying to attract members to ones site. Now, do yourself & I a favour and refrain from replying to this post - in fact, cease replying to any of my posts ever again here at the Pink ''Un. If you find you can''t resist temptation, do yourself a HUGE favour and never refer to me as immature again - failure to do so will leave me no choice but to visit that boozer while you''re doing a "podcast" and ram the microphone right up the length of your arsehole - sideways. [/quote]Shyster your an immature to$$er. I shall be in the Ketts Tavern at 6.30 on saturday, if you want to start throwing threats about we''ll have a little chat face to face and see what then.Im perfectly willing to accept criticism of the site, but not when its from t#ats like you who keep banging the same drum, '' the site is crap'' ''its too slow'' blah blah blah. Ive said right from the very start im no professional web designer and this site is just a pastime.Yes it takes 5 seconds to fully load, big deal, if you cant put up with that, dont go on it. And again I reiterate my initial response. If you want to start throwing threats about like some schoolboy chav, I shall be in the Ketts from 6.30 onwards on saturday and would love to have a nice little ''adult'' chat with you.

Come on boys, this isn''t a billy big b*ll*cks thread. If you like the site visit it, if you don''t delete it from your favourites.

The loading time isn''t strictly Barclayman''s fault. He''s using an online web builder which is free, and a web host, which is free. With the two combined you can''t expect that much. I think peoples expectations need to be lowered slightly.It would be nice to have a really well made fans website for NCFC. When i leave college shortly, i''ll have several ICT qualifications and i might consider putting one together, properly.

[quote user="hogesar"]The loading time isn''t strictly Barclayman''s fault. He''s using an online web builder which is free, and a web host, which is free. With the two combined you can''t expect that much. I think peoples expectations need to be lowered slightly.It would be nice to have a really well made fans website for NCFC. When i leave college shortly, i''ll have several ICT qualifications and i might consider putting one together, properly.[/quote]

Thanks, Hogesar.  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

You have to start somewhere, and while admittedly the free host / free web builder isn''t IDEAL (long loading times for those on slower connections...), until it becomes more popular and it becomes a big factor in why people won''t use it, then there isn''t really a need to change.hogesar, are you intending to go to uni after college?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="hogesar"]The loading time isn''t strictly Barclayman''s fault. He''s using an online web builder which is free, and a web host, which is free. With the two combined you can''t expect that much. I think peoples expectations need to be lowered slightly.It would be nice to have a really well made fans website for NCFC. When i leave college shortly, i''ll have several ICT qualifications and i might consider putting one together, properly.[/quote]

Thanks, Hogesar.  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img][/quote]Shyster exactly what are you going to contribute then? fu#k all i imagine...apart from to knock those that try....My invite is still open to meet me in the Ketts 2moro, perhaps you could be a guest on the podcast? No, didnt think so. To$$er.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="hogesar"]The loading time isn''t strictly Barclayman''s fault. He''s using an online web builder which is free, and a web host, which is free. With the two combined you can''t expect that much. I think peoples expectations need to be lowered slightly.It would be nice to have a really well made fans website for NCFC. When i leave college shortly, i''ll have several ICT qualifications and i might consider putting one together, properly.[/quote]

Thanks, Hogesar.  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img][/quote]Shyster exactly what are you going to contribute then? fu#k all i imagine...apart from to knock those that try....My invite is still open to meet me in the Ketts 2moro, perhaps you could be a guest on the podcast? No, didnt think so. To$$er.[/quote]waa waa people don''t like my website waa waa"its looks rubbish"waa waa im not a professional waa waastop throwing your weight around and grow upand shyster you''re not exactly helping matters

You could always get wordpress running somewhere, never used it myself but know a lot of people that do and it''s supposed to be quite easy to install/manage, there are tonnes of tutorials all over the place including youtube. You would probably have to buy some space somewhere which will cost. Try www.one.com or www.godaddy.com for cheap hosting, you wouldn''t need anything expensive. Just an idea to get people off your back about using flash.

[quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="hogesar"]The loading time isn''t strictly Barclayman''s fault. He''s using an online web builder which is free, and a web host, which is free. With the two combined you can''t expect that much. I think peoples expectations need to be lowered slightly.It would be nice to have a really well made fans website for NCFC. When i leave college shortly, i''ll have several ICT qualifications and i might consider putting one together, properly.[/quote]

Thanks, Hogesar.  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img][/quote]Shyster exactly what are you going to contribute then? fu#k all i imagine...apart from to knock those that try....My invite is still open to meet me in the Ketts 2moro, perhaps you could be a guest on the podcast? No, didnt think so. To$$er.[/quote]waa waa people don''t like my website waa waa"its looks rubbish"waa waa im not a professional waa waastop throwing your weight around and grow upand shyster you''re not exactly helping matters[/quote]dont try and turn it around on me you nobhead, im not the one making the childish threats and continiously posting negatives about the site. I couldnt give 2 fu##s if you like it or not, what i get annoyed with is to$$ers like Shyster, and you for that matter winding me up, for no other reason than your both c####.

[quote user="SotonCanary"]You could always get wordpress running somewhere, never used it myself but know a lot of people that do and it''s supposed to be quite easy to install/manage, there are tonnes of tutorials all over the place including youtube. You would probably have to buy some space somewhere which will cost. Try www.one.com or www.godaddy.com for cheap hosting, you wouldn''t need anything expensive. Just an idea to get people off your back about using flash.[/quote]cheers for the advice SotonCanary but that sounds rather time consuming, which i dont have. Like ive said the site is basic, if people dont like it they dont have to view it.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="i chuffing love lambert"][quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="hogesar"]The loading time isn''t strictly Barclayman''s fault. He''s using an online web builder which is free, and a web host, which is free. With the two combined you can''t expect that much. I think peoples expectations need to be lowered slightly.It would be nice to have a really well made fans website for NCFC. When i leave college shortly, i''ll have several ICT qualifications and i might consider putting one together, properly.[/quote]

Thanks, Hogesar.  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img][/quote]Shyster exactly what are you going to contribute then? fu#k all i imagine...apart from to knock those that try....My invite is still open to meet me in the Ketts 2moro, perhaps you could be a guest on the podcast? No, didnt think so. To$$er.[/quote]waa waa people don''t like my website waa waa"its looks rubbish"waa waa im not a professional waa waastop throwing your weight around and grow upand shyster you''re not exactly helping matters[/quote]dont try and turn it around on me you nobhead, im not the one making the childish threats and continiously posting negatives about the site. I couldnt give 2 fu##s if you like it or not, what i get annoyed with is to$$ers like Shyster, and you for that matter winding me up, for no other reason than your both c####.[/quote]

[:D]Singing   [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dewCover it with choc''late and a miracle or twoThe Barclayman, oh the Barclayman canThe Barclayman can ''cause he mixes it with LOVE and makes the world taste good[img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]

[:D]

[quote user="Barclayman"]And can you blame me? I make a nice website, all yellow and green and Canary lovely, i put a few posts on the pinkun advertising the site cause stupid me thought that fellow Norwich fans might like the site and would want to get involved and I have to deal with cu##s like Shyster and I Chuffing Love Lambert contributing nothing but negatives. Fu###n to$$ers.[/quote]who are you to call to me the rudest word about. i actually swallowed my pride and tried to make some constructive critism but you payed no attention to it. im 20, i imagine ur olded but yet ur the one acting like a baby. i had nothing against you as you''re a ncfc fan and therefore a top bloke but to call me that is unforgivable.