Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Just one more thing Mr. Cowling........

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Funny old business football.  The odd thing about The Tinpot Club v The Very Famous Club Wot Once Beat Bayern Munich yonks ago is that we actually LIKE our owner unlike the majority of posters on here some of whom, whether the Very Famous Club is promoted, will be enshrined in a forthcoming Guardian G2 piece including the messages which Archant were not quick enough to delete but which we screen grabbed before they woke up (Wiz you know what you did on Gunn''s living daughter is but one example).

Working title is "Let''s be havin you? Actually they don''t want her at any price."

If you go up that will have even more impact.  Good luck for the rest of the season.[:D]

[/quote]

I suggest reporting this post and a suggestion of banning to Pete

[/quote]

Nay, don''t ban the fu*ker!I want to see him go into meltdown.

[quote user="Allez17"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Funny old business football.  The odd thing about The Tinpot Club v The Very Famous Club Wot Once Beat Bayern Munich yonks ago is that we actually LIKE our owner unlike the majority of posters on here some of whom, whether the Very Famous Club is promoted, will be enshrined in a forthcoming Guardian G2 piece including the messages which Archant were not quick enough to delete but which we screen grabbed before they woke up (Wiz you know what you did on Gunn''s living daughter is but one example).

Working title is "Let''s be havin you? Actually they don''t want her at any price."

If you go up that will have even more impact.  Good luck for the rest of the season.[:D]

[/quote]

I like how you keep name dropping G2. I''ve seen it a few times on here.

But you''re actually going to run with a ''nasty comments are found on an interenet message board'' story?

The shocking news that some unhinged people post unpleasant things and that responsible companies go out of their way to remove them?

This hasn''t been done before? This isn''t the most obvious thing that the democratisation of the internet has achieved - a speakers corner for the deranged and overzealous? I''m surprised, though I shouldn''t be - news is all about cycles, after all.

I do like your rhetoric though - find me one post on here that says we''re a big club because of a win 15 years ago and I might give you a little credit.
[/quote]

It would be a lot deeper than that.  You are obviously not a fan of the more obscure G2''s - for example you could look at the rhetoric of a football message board and speculate on how much that minority - and most football message boards are only a tiny fraction of support, in my view - believe they influence things.  I do feel that message boards, not particularly aimed at this one, do feel that they are "the voice" but I''m not sure there is much evidence that they are.  I would hope it might lead to an interesting read for people, for example, who don''t post on message boards.  In some ways it has become a sub-culture but not as massive as many posters believe.  All sorts of ways this end and completely undecided at this stage. 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Allez17"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]I like how you keep name dropping G2. I''ve seen it a few times on here. But you''re actually going to run with a ''nasty comments are found on an interenet message board'' story?The shocking news that some unhinged people post unpleasant things and that responsible companies go out of their way to remove them? This hasn''t been done before? This isn''t the most obvious thing that the democratisation of the internet has achieved - a speakers corner for the deranged and overzealous? I''m surprised, though I shouldn''t be - news is all about cycles, after all. I do like your rhetoric though - find me one post on here that says we''re a big club because of a win 15 years ago and I might give you a little credit. [/quote]

Speak for yourselves.  That is what I think we are reporting lest it get missed by people not on the Pink ''Un.  Not everyone is on it.  I think we should all try to broaden the audience whenever we can don''t you?[+o(]

[/quote]

You''re full of shi* camulturd, just print and be damned, you''ve been saying the same old crap for 6 months now! ''I did one on Miss Gunn'' did I? well, I wouldn''t even with yours pal!

[/quote]shocker, attractive female would get it..not much of a bloody story

It''s rubbish, he''s talking rubbish, he always has talked rubbish.... it''ll never happen.

Sad really

What would be more creditable is if you printed an article about how many people here think you are a complete and utter cretin and list our names. The  not only would it be factual, everyone would be happy too. win win situation.On a more serious note, put your moeny where your mouth is and print what you will. I always thought journalists and paparazzi were the scum of the earth, you''ve just gone ahead and proved it.

[quote user="Depraved"]What would be more creditable is if you printed an article about how many people here think you are a complete and utter cretin and list our names. The  not only would it be factual, everyone would be happy too. win win situation.

On a more serious note, put your moeny where your mouth is and print what you will. I always thought journalists and paparazzi were the scum of the earth, you''ve just gone ahead and proved it.
[/quote]

He''s just upset he & his beloved chairman got made to look like complete fools..... and how the FA are not interested in his clubs rantings, he''s been pushed over the edge.

I actually feel quite sorry for the poor deluded fellow....

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Allez17"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I like how you keep name dropping G2. I''ve seen it a few times on here.

But you''re actually going to run with a ''nasty comments are found on an interenet message board'' story?

The shocking news that some unhinged people post unpleasant things and that responsible companies go out of their way to remove them?

This hasn''t been done before? This isn''t the most obvious thing that the democratisation of the internet has achieved - a speakers corner for the deranged and overzealous? I''m surprised, though I shouldn''t be - news is all about cycles, after all.

I do like your rhetoric though - find me one post on here that says we''re a big club because of a win 15 years ago and I might give you a little credit.
[/quote]

It would be a lot deeper than that.  You are obviously not a fan of the more obscure G2''s - for example you could look at the rhetoric of a football message board and speculate on how much that minority - and most football message boards are only a tiny fraction of support, in my view - believe they influence things.  I do feel that message boards, not particularly aimed at this one, do feel that they are "the voice" but I''m not sure there is much evidence that they are.  I would hope it might lead to an interesting read for people, for example, who don''t post on message boards.  In some ways it has become a sub-culture but not as massive as many posters believe.  All sorts of ways this end and completely undecided at this stage. 

[/quote]

And there it is....the ultimate divert. You change the subject when the going gets tough.

We all know that on here represents a small minority of the actual support; We don''t need you to tell us.

Poor old camel toe, now that everybody has sussed him out as a silly arse, where will he play now? Maybe he can find another fans'' forum to write his drivel on, or better still a Col Who? message board!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Yikes.  I would imagine that would certainly go in an ''obscure'' G2.  You may as well go even further...''playground squabble not representative of city council debate'' or ''lunatic in pub not ex-CIA/NASA/S.P.E.C.T.R.E employee...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Is that the "royal we" Cam? It''s a shame the Colchester multitudes don''t seem to share your view judging by last Saturday''s attendance. 3,601 wasn''t it, or nearly 40% down on your season''s average? Against a pretty good team too. Perhaps more than a few concluded that Cowling''s strategy with Norwich backfired against the club. How did Mr. Boothroyd really feel  Cowling''s approach ( may I say interference ) affected the outcome of the game with Norwich? Have you been able to gleen any journalistic insight? I would love to have been a fly on the wall at Boothroyd''s home that night.

[/quote]

You have not addressed my questions yet Cam, which were serious questions based upon FACT of the low attendance at the MK dons game. If you are serious about adding value to a message board and not simply stirring, as some have suggested, then please address the points I made.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

The Guardian!!! Jesus, I bet Delia is shaking in her boots. Couldn''t you sell it to a newspaper that real people actually read?

This guys supposed to be a writer! Don''t make me laugh he''s no more a writer than I''m the Prime Minister. I''ve read childish scrawlings on pub toilets that have been constructed more elegantly than this guys postings. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Is that the "royal we" Cam? It''s a shame the Colchester multitudes don''t seem to share your view judging by last Saturday''s attendance. 3,601 wasn''t it, or nearly 40% down on your season''s average? Against a pretty good team too. Perhaps more than a few concluded that Cowling''s strategy with Norwich backfired against the club. How did Mr. Boothroyd really feel  Cowling''s approach ( may I say interference ) affected the outcome of the game with Norwich? Have you been able to gleen any journalistic insight? I would love to have been a fly on the wall at Boothroyd''s home that night.

[/quote]

You have not addressed my questions yet Cam, which were serious questions based upon FACT of the low attendance at the MK dons game. If you are serious about adding value to a message board and not simply stirring, as some have suggested, then please address the points I made.

[/quote]

Well said Yankee Canary.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Allez17"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]I like how you keep name dropping G2. I''ve seen it a few times on here. But you''re actually going to run with a ''nasty comments are found on an interenet message board'' story?The shocking news that some unhinged people post unpleasant things and that responsible companies go out of their way to remove them? This hasn''t been done before? This isn''t the most obvious thing that the democratisation of the internet has achieved - a speakers corner for the deranged and overzealous? I''m surprised, though I shouldn''t be - news is all about cycles, after all. I do like your rhetoric though - find me one post on here that says we''re a big club because of a win 15 years ago and I might give you a little credit. [/quote]

[/quote]Frankly, I would have thought that there is the basis for a far more interesting article based on how far the Chairman or owner of a football club can influence on-field performance by his non football actions.If we were to take Colchester''s chairman as an example and consider his behaviour prior to a match that he had billed as critical and ''must win'', and relate it to the team''s abject performance on the day, the article would conclude that whatever  strategy he applied had been completely counter- productive.The article could be developed with in-depth interviews with both team''s managers and players giving their views as to how Mr Cowling''s behaviour affected them and conclude with a statistical analysis of his team''s results and club attendances both before and after the period that he became involved in his high profile dispute with another club.The overall conclusion, which could only be drawn in a few months time, might well be that a football chairman can adversely affect his club''s whole season by placing management and staff under unwanted and unnecessary pressure.Feel free Cam, I''ll gift you the intellectual property rights....

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Allez17"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Frankly, I would have thought that there is the basis for a far more interesting article based on how far the Chairman or owner of a football club can influence on-field performance by his non football actions.If we were to take Colchester''s chairman as an example and consider his behaviour prior to a match that he had billed as critical and ''must win'', and relate it to the team''s abject performance on the day, the article would conclude that whatever  strategy he applied had been completely counter- productive.The article could be developed with in-depth interviews with both team''s managers and players giving their views as to how Mr Cowling''s behaviour affected them and conclude with a statistical analysis of his team''s results and club attendances both before and after the period that he became involved in his high profile dispute with another club.The overall conclusion, which could only be drawn in a few months time, might well be that a football chairman can adversely affect his club''s whole season by placing management and staff under unwanted and unnecessary pressure.Feel free Cam, I''ll gift you the intellectual property rights....

[/quote]I claim them, but will sell for the best offer.