Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Todays First Half.

I was very nervous up until 45 mins, when we got the 2 goal cushion.For the whole first half imo, well most of it, we were on the backfoot really. We had 2 shots on goal that I can remember, and went in 2-0 up. A bit of luck there, but to be fair, amazing finishing and coolness from Martin. With the pitch in a pathetic condition, I think if Colchester did get an equaliser, and went in HT at 1-1, think it could have been different.But it wasnt, and we won [:D]Second half we were awsome so its all good.

Brendan, I agree entirely...I really thought that the pitch would seriously influence the game today...even at 2-0 up I felt that the conditions could quickly allow Colchester to get back into it. That''s why I was so relieved with Doc''s fantastic finish, even though it started from a Colchester gift. I think Colchester were incredibly naive with how they played their own pitch today.

If we get another cold snap or more rain soon, i can see Colchester postponing a load of games because of their poor playing surface, which may be their undoing.