Sign in to follow this  
Bring-on-Flecky

Jose Mourinho - "Definite home win v Norwich"

[quote]I see that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho reckons Saturday''s match is an easy 3 point home banker against us. Glad he said that - it should fire up our players!!![/quote]

So far this season there have probably been 17 Managers who thought like that, but in reality, only 6 of them have accumulated the 3 points on offer, and some of them we''re given a bit of a fright

Let''s hope his players are thinking the same

A word of advice, my Portuguese friend - never under estimate the under estimated

They might just jump up and bite your bum

Shows what a fine line there is - I remember some comments a few months ago by our Nige and he was accused of being defeatist. At the time Nige was told to be more upbeat and confident.

I like Mourinhos approach. Nothing inspires a team more than a manager having faith and confidence in you - whether thats in an office or in a football side.

What mourinho is saying to his team is that he has faith in his side and that anything less than a win will not be good enough - is that a bad message? He will arm them with the tactics needed to win the game and prepare them so that they are not complacent and ready to slog it out if needed.

With hs track record, and leading the league by 5 points, if he cant be confident who can?

OTBC

Having read Mourinho''s previous comments this one should come as no shock. However, I''m still holding out some hope; Chelsea are a fine side but they strike me more as a collection of great individuals. Given our excellent team performance against Bolton I think that provided we keep a close eye on the front men and can get in amongst them to spoil their build-up play we''ve got a real chance of taking a draw from this one. Apologies if that''s stating the obvious but it''s my view that Chelsea, albeit a good side, don''t have that killer team spirit yet that worked so well for Arsenal.

>=17!

Chelsea have not lost at home, Norwich have not won away. Norwich are 16-1 to win this game and his comments are fully justified.

You would have to agree with him in theory. However, every season throws up one or two shock results and so far there haven''t been many have there?  Maybe Saturday could be the day.