Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Drop Huckerby???

What is everyone''s thoughts about possibly dropping Huckerby...It can be a liability at times when we try and build a team around him...I also feel he doesn''t always work as hard as he should.

It''s easy to think that he is the one player that can do something special, but do we play him the entire 90 minutes waiting for that to happen.

Just my 2p worth on it...

[quote]What is everyone''s thoughts about possibly dropping Huckerby...It can be a liability at times when we try and build a team around him...I also feel he doesn''t always work as hard as he should. It''s e...[/quote]

Mr C,

As much as I''d like to reply with my 2p worth I dont think the moderators would print what I would like to say to you.

Dropping Hux currently shouldnt even be considered.  He is still being marginalised on the left wing but he ran Nicky Hunt ragged on sat and, with the threat of Jonson and Bentley should get more space to be even more effective.

He remains our one consistent class act and has performed superbly considering the lack of space a wing position gives him and the fact he is rarely faced by less than 2 defenders.  Like Jonson he looked better for not having to even think about any defensive duties and even put in a header on sat?!!

OTBC  

Because of his turn of speed and unpredictability - he is an important part of the team - as the opposition defence are always having to put 2 men on him. If Bentley can play like he did on Saturday then suddenely the opposition won''t know which way to turn when both he and Hucks are firing at the same time.

I can''t think of another City player I''d have been more certain of burying that penalty on Saturday...

[quote]Is this a wind up? Drop Huckerby, yeah, nice one[/quote]

I was just wondering what the C stood for ?

This might not go down well  with those of a narrow minded disposition , but Hucks  has nailed his colours to the mast for Norwich ! ............ he`s the reason why we`re in the prem , week after week he`s there  worrying defences and banging telling crosses into  the box [ at least five in the last match should have been put away ! ] ...........  as far as I`m concerned  he can sit in a deck chair  for most of the match  , goal are scored when the situation can`t be predicted  by defences ...... let the plodders   work on getting the ball  into his area  , ol`e  twinkletoes  will do the rest !

Bentley and Sven  had a good match , but prior to this they deserved all the criticism  they got ! ..........  if they can sustain  THAT performance for the rest of the season  there wont be anymore moans !

Still can`t understand why Hucks  continues to languish  out there on the left ? ............  for my money  he should be  given a free role !!! .......... keep sticking him in a fixed position  = predictability  .........

With Jonson and Bentley starting to be more effective, teams will not be able to double defenders up on Huckerby, thus as stated previoulsy in this thread he will have more time and space!

Dropping Hucks shouldn''t even be contemplated.

he DOES work hard in every game, and although in some games he may be less effective, think why that is...

He is the player that all the teams have at least two players marking because of the threat he causes. and when he isn''t busy beating them and playing great balls into the area, he draws them out wide leaving the centre exposed and giving room for Svensson and a midfielder to cause some damage. this is why damo was scoring so consistently before getting injured.

Hucks has usually always got a hand in making the goals, one way or the other.

i repeat, to drop him is madness!!!

i rest my case....

Wow.

Let''s all slate someone for a valid suggestion shall we?

Hucks hasn''t played that well, and it is possible that he is underperforming. But dropping him is not an option in my opinion.

However, we don''t all have to crucify someone for wondering.

drop hucks ? whilst I''m not sure about dropping him I don''t understand why he is so well thought of. yes he is ONE of the better players in the squad but position for position I would have Charlton as a better player. Hucks is a scorer of great goals i agree but he is not a great goal scorer. I do sometimes get a bit frustrated when he runs bull in a shop at defences when a simple pass may reap a better reward.

[quote]What is everyone''s thoughts about possibly dropping Huckerby...It can be a liability at times when we try and build a team around him...I also feel he doesn''t always work as hard as he should. It''s e...[/quote]

I''ll just let my message signature below, express my thoughts on this treasonous post!, Mr C.  

What exactly does the ''C'' refer to in your title, I''m certain that there are more than just a few of us who could hazard a guess!

To drop Hucks would be unthinkable, every game he''s involved in means the opposition put two markers on him.

I really can''t see any mileage in this at all.

Well then they are not thinking very clearly are they?!

All players futures are up for discussion, that''s what makes football such an interesting game. Nobody has the right to walk into a team, especially if they are not performing to their full potential - see Drury.

Don''t get me wrong, I think Hucks has a tough job to do out there on the wing(?), but he is not showing the flair that, in the early part of the season, looked like it could shoot him back up to "Prem Star" status.

Some people may think the answer is to drop him, some may think he keeps 2 defenders occupied thus allowing the team more space.

But nobody should think "He likes Norwich City a lot, and he''s famous, and I like him, therefore he should never ever be dropped" because it''s just being plain silly!

[quote]What exactly does the ''C'' refer to in your title, I''m certain that there are more than just a few of us who could hazard a guess! To drop Hucks would be unthinkable, every game he''s involved in means...[/quote]

The C refers to "Carrow"!

Why all the personal attacks on a fellow messageboard postee? Would people speak to friends or relatives in the same manner if the person in question suggested doing something that didn''t fit their own personal criteria? Ina faceless age such as nowadays where comments are attributed to a nickname or psuedonym, its far easier to verbally attack without fear of reprisal or counter-conflict. Sometimes messages on these boards (others included) can be extremely unkind, aggressive and of a personal attacking nature. It''s a shame really because eventually it could lead to people refusing to reply through fear of being vitimised.   

[quote]Well then they are not thinking very clearly are they?! All players futures are up for discussion, that''s what makes football such an interesting game. Nobody has the right to walk into a team, espec...[/quote]

I don''t hink people do think that way Bananaman, people like Hucks and don''t want him dropped because he is quite blatantly the best player we have or have had for a few years.

How can you say he hasn''t played that well so far this season? I think considering the lack of quality around him and the fact he''s always marked by 3 players from the opposing team that he has been fantastic. Fans make me laugh, we finally get someone who is undoubted quality and we want to knock him down... its ridiculous.

Oh no, I don''t want him dropped, or think he''s played that badly.I just think he lacks a bit of the sparkle he showed against Palace/Newcastle/Spurs in the early part of the season. And it''s nice to be able to rest all of the squad sometimes as Hucks does carry a lot of the team, a lot of the time.But I certainly don''t want to knock him down, and more to the point, I haven''t read any posts that have.

[quote]Oh no, I don''t want him dropped, or think he''s played that badly.I just think he lacks a bit of the sparkle he showed against Palace/Newcastle/Spurs in the early part of the season. And it''s nice to b...[/quote]

Okay, fair do''s....

I have to say a lot of the posters are being more than unfair to Mr C in this thread. He posted what he thought was a legitimate question to provoke some debate over an issue that he felt needing discussing. Several of the subsequent posters have not given a reasoned response to Mr C poser.

"Should Worthy drop Huckerby?"

I don''t think that anyone will disagree that Hux has the ability to turn a game on its head. And he brings to the table a permanent threat when City attack. However, some others have pointed out that he''s not the same player when he is asked to perform a specific role. Give him free reign and he does a great job. Ask him to to provide and attacking threat but also provide the defensive cover for his left/right fullback and he''s not the same player - he doesn''t play with the same abandon.

So should Worthy drop Huckerby?  Personally I don''t think he should simply because of his ability to turn a game on it''s head. But that''s not to say that the question shouldn''t be asked. Fair do''s to Mr C for being brave enough to ask the question and hats off to Bananaman for standing up for him.

So instead of slagging off a poster for coming up with a legimate question come up with a reasoned response. Once the board starts down the personal slagging path it becomes no better than some of the other message boards out there.

no way

Morph, I totally agree. A messageboard is only as good as the contributors that fuel its existance. As a medium-term user having joined up just over a year ago, I''ve enjoyed reading and sometimes contributing to some interesting debates but lately these seem to have been upstaged with aggressive and unnecessarily snijde comments aimed towards postee''s rather than what they''re actually saying. It would be very sad to see one of the last fine vestibules of decent Norwich City chat go the way of many other teams messageboards where the chat centres more on attacking fellow postee''s than concentrating on footballing matters. [RANT OVER]