Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Is OJ Still Rubbish???

Just interested to know whether the views on Johnson have changed in his small time with us?  When he signed, like many before him, he suffered the indignity of being villified before he had even kicked a ball but now, from what I can ascertain, everybody loves him.....how fickle some of us Norwich fans are!

Excellent day today though!

I didn''t see anyone ''villifying'' him when he signed. Plenty saying ''who''s this Johnson fella'' but nothing more than that.

He''s already shown he knows the way to goal in his short time with us and the signs are good so far.

agreed A1. i had never hear of him and a few others on here probably hadn''t too.. no one said he was crap from what i saw.

I thought yesterday he showed exactly why Lambert signed him. Yes, okay, he was lucky to get the chance after colchester''s defence seemingly lost the plot, but he took the ball, held it up calmly, jinked well into space and finished beautifully.If he can take his obvious talents and improve on them, he could be an awesome signing.

From the early signs he does look like a good signing with a goal yesterday. We saw what he is capable of last saturday with the amazing run and if we lose Hoolahan or Martin I think he could do the job. But I would play him against a poor oppostion at home to give Hoolahan or Martin a rest.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I thought you meant OJ Koroma.

[/quote]

So did I!

As for or current OJ I guess it is unwise to go overboard on the strength of that showing yesterday (although he did look very promising) and he seems to like running at defenders (which he also did on his debut).  Give the lad half a dozen games before we judge him either way is my view but so far I like what I see.

He doesn''t look rubbish - 2 games, both as a sub, and already got 1 goal to his name. On his debut he nearly scored too. I think he needs a few more games before we can start deciding whether he''s a good signing though

[quote user="a1canary"]I didn''t see anyone ''villifying'' him when he signed. Plenty saying ''who''s this Johnson fella'' but nothing more than that.[/quote]

Same here a1, most of us said we trusted Lamberts judgement.

Clint could you paste a link to where he was villified, I don''t remember seeing it but would be interested to read it. He''s the reason we got thrown out yesterday but I soon forgave his goal scoring antics.[:D]

I''ve seen enough in his two fleeting appearances to make me wonder why we''d never heard of him before, and why he''s not been snapped up by a club like ours before.  Plenty of clubs could have taken a punt on him without too much financial risk, maybe Lambert/scouting team just believed in their judgement a bit more?  As far as I know there wasn''t competition to sign him.Perhaps he''s had a couple of blinders by his standard so far, but I think he could turn out to be pretty good.  Wonder what it means for Cody Mac though?

Johnson will have a huge role to play in the coming weeks. If (or more likely, when) Holt picks up two more bookings he''ll be suspended for two matches... you''d think we''ll then see what Oli can do for 90 mins alongside Martin.

We''ve only seen about 20 mins of this guy and already I can remember 3 occasions where he''s just glided past players with tremendous dribbling technique.He''s already admitted he is playing catch up with his football education but if the ability is there, surely time will take care of the rest, especially as he''s playing under a manager of Lamberts credentials.I''m excited long term about this one.As for Cody, he''s clearly not banging on the door at the moment... I can''t imagine he has too many suitors either so if we do go up I think a spell out on loan would make sense for everyone.

The issue when he signed was the elation of commenters who knew nothing of him other than he could write his name on a contract and that he had not done much scoring recently.  There was some speculation (including by me) as to why he might not be getting on the pitch much, but it was accompanied by a "let''s wait and see before we end up disappointed again". No vilifying, just cooler heads prevailing.