Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

My thoughts on yesterday - v125.1

I arrived in the East Stand yesterday with a grin on my face yesterday , but boy did i leave with an even bigger grin! What a day.Firstly i just wanna say how proud i am at the way our club has conducted itself since the tickets details were released. Not once have we read about McNally, Lambert, Delia, Bowkett or Wynn-Jones biting back at the drivel that was being directed at them by Howling. Its easy to get caught up in the "hype" and you often feel the need to defend yourselves. But everyone connected with the club dealt with it with great dignity and let our FOOTBALL do the talking.It was strange sitting in the home end and being able to see the whites of my friend eyes in the City end. A massive part of me wanted to sing along with the fantastic support that was being given. At one point i allowed myself to breath in rhythm to OTBC, but thought pull yourself together man and continued to grit my teeth.I felt like an undercover copper, ear wigging in on everyones conversations to see if i could establish a Norfolk accent.Low and behold, I could! Sitting around me were no less than 10 fans within an arms length. I just imagined i was in the City stand!After watching the goals fly in i started to let myself go a little bit, happily talking to those around me, helped let out some of the joy that was inside! Approximately 15 fans from the West Stand were ejected, so where they get the figure of 12 from i will never know. Probably the same place that they are getting the figure of £1m in compensation!After hearing Boothroyd''s comments about our goals, i awaited the Football League show with great anticipation, forfeiting the 10 minute freeview that most lads set there alarm for. Boothroyd had rattled on about "giving" us 4 goals....well, here is my view on them.Goal 1 - Smith, hustled there defender to not fully clear the ball. It fell to Holt, who squared to Martin.BANG 1-0! Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.Goal 2 - My man of the match, Nelson does excellently to get infront of Platt to win a tackle. The loose ball was superbly won by Russell, who found Holt who inturn found the best finisher at our club to make it 2 zip! For me, this is our goal of the season. It had everything and went from back to front in seconds epitomising everything we have shown this year. Determination, skill, creativity and the ability to take our chances. Fantastic. Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it

was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.Goal 3 - Hoolahan''s ball in wasnt dealt with, the Doc pressured the lad (who''s name i am not even going to attempt to spell) and smashed it home! Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it

was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.Goal 4 - Oli Oli Oli, was pressuring the Col Who midfield who passed it back. Not beaten he continued to give chase, steal the ball and cooly finish. Yes it was sloppy defending and Baldwin should have just hoofed it (something they did all day) but fair play to Oli, he was in there faces and got his reward. Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it

was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.Goal 5 - A long Col Who-esque HOOF from Forster wasn''t dealt with (Baldwin again i think). The on coming Holt benefitted and took his tally to 23! Avoidable? Maybe.......you get the idea.All 5 goals were avoidable but sheer determination and a will to never give up forced Col Who into mistakes. I feel we were not given enough credit by Claridge.What a great day! One that all of us will never forget. A day that, paid back our loyalty following the debacle of 08/08. Now thats been put to bed, lets catch Leeds.I left the East Stand with an even bigger grin on my face. Just hoping and praying i had the tap on my shoulder from my silent mate, Jibba Jabba.....My wings were not clipped and neither were the boys in yellow!OTBC!

Liked the report of your day out, thanks. The £1 million claim - is that a guess or what you have heard that is being claimed?

We were in the Est Stand too CUSDP. You''ve pretty much summed how it was for us too. We stayed behind for a little while afterwards, as the Colwho fans left in their droves, just so we could applaud the boys with the vigour we were unable to do as each of the five goals went in. I think some of the old boys around us may have had an idea that we were Norwich fans as our grins got bigger as the afternoon wore on, but we couldn''t risk outing ourselves as we could see that the stewards were removing a few of our fans during the game. What a great day!!!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I arrived in the East Stand yesterday with a grin on my face yesterday , but boy did i leave with an even bigger grin! What a day.

Firstly i just wanna say how proud i am at the way our club has conducted itself since the tickets details were released. Not once have we read about McNally, Lambert, Delia, Bowkett or Wynn-Jones biting back at the drivel that was being directed at them by Howling. Its easy to get caught up in the "hype" and you often feel the need to defend yourselves. But everyone connected with the club dealt with it with great dignity and let our FOOTBALL do the talking.

It was strange sitting in the home end and being able to see the whites of my friend eyes in the City end. A massive part of me wanted to sing along with the fantastic support that was being given. At one point i allowed myself to breath in rhythm to OTBC, but thought pull yourself together man and continued to grit my teeth.

I felt like an undercover copper, ear wigging in on everyones conversations to see if i could establish a Norfolk accent.Low and behold, I could! Sitting around me were no less than 10 fans within an arms length. I just imagined i was in the City stand!

After watching the goals fly in i started to let myself go a little bit, happily talking to those around me, helped let out some of the joy that was inside! Approximately 15 fans from the West Stand were ejected, so where they get the figure of 12 from i will never know. Probably the same place that they are getting the figure of £1m in compensation!

After hearing Boothroyd''s comments about our goals, i awaited the Football League show with great anticipation, forfeiting the 10 minute freeview that most lads set there alarm for.

Boothroyd had rattled on about "giving" us 4 goals....well, here is my view on them.

Goal 1 - Smith, hustled there defender to not fully clear the ball. It fell to Holt, who squared to Martin.BANG 1-0! Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.

Goal 2 - My man of the match, Nelson does excellently to get infront of Platt to win a tackle. The loose ball was superbly won by Russell, who found Holt who inturn found the best finisher at our club to make it 2 zip! For me, this is our goal of the season. It had everything and went from back to front in seconds epitomising everything we have shown this year. Determination, skill, creativity and the ability to take our chances. Fantastic. Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.

Goal 3 - Hoolahan''s ball in wasnt dealt with, the Doc pressured the lad (who''s name i am not even going to attempt to spell) and smashed it home! Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.

Goal 4 - Oli Oli Oli, was pressuring the Col Who midfield who passed it back. Not beaten he continued to give chase, steal the ball and cooly finish. Yes it was sloppy defending and Baldwin should have just hoofed it (something they did all day) but fair play to Oli, he was in there faces and got his reward. Avoidable? Maybe, but if his team had scored it, he would have said it was down to the pressure his team were putting on the ball.

Goal 5 - A long Col Who-esque HOOF from Forster wasn''t dealt with (Baldwin again i think). The on coming Holt benefitted and took his tally to 23! Avoidable? Maybe.......you get the idea.

All 5 goals were avoidable but sheer determination and a will to never give up forced Col Who into mistakes. I feel we were not given enough credit by Claridge.

What a great day! One that all of us will never forget. A day that, paid back our loyalty following the debacle of 08/08. Now thats been put to bed, lets catch Leeds.

I left the East Stand with an even bigger grin on my face. Just hoping and praying i had the tap on my shoulder from my silent mate, Jibba Jabba.....

My wings were not clipped and neither were the boys in yellow!

OTBC!
[/quote]

Great post which summed up my day too. I was in the West stand and there were more than 15 fans ejected from around me and that was just in the section I was in.

Well my surname is James but I''m no Bond !

At the Start of the match I received a text, opened my phone and, in front of everybody around me, the phone was showing the Norwich Crest !

From then on they all knew, I kept my celebrations minimal, but still enjoyed the day and an old guy patted me on the back at the end a said ''well done''