Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Beamback anyone?

Just wondered, if there will be a decent gathering at the ground on Saturday for the Chelsea beamback? I''m going with a couple of chums (leaves the missus and kinder to Christmas shop till they drop, and then send me spiralling into receivership!) Still, they''ll have a few more ''squid'' to fritter away with the dosh I''ve ''saved'', by not going to Stamford Bridge.

I would really have liked to have gone down and cheered the team, (regardless of the possible result). But, even by travelling with the club''s coaches, plus the ticket cost, lunch, ale etc, it is a substantial amount of serious cash just before ''Chrimbo''.

Nine quid,(season ticket holder) to watch the game on an oversize telly, some might say is a little steep.  At least it allows like-minded folk to congregate and watch the match, that many, would find too pricey by travelling down to the "Smoke"! The beamback, is no more expensive than taking my family to the ''Moving Picture Show''. Yes! they have ''talkies''! with the ''dazzling gentlemen'', playing the accompanying "Wurlitzer organ"! Technology, has now arrived in Norfolk! 

Anyway, back to the point. I will be there on Saturday, as I think it is VFM, although, some regular posters will no doubt disagree!  OTBC ;~)

I''ll be there Mello Yello, like yourself escaping the Christmas shopping mularkey.  Hope the boys give us something to be proud of and the weather isn''t too cold as I don''t feel able to jump around like a lunatic when watching a screen!!!  Give me the players in the flesh anyday, if you know what I mean!

I watched the Liverpool game at Carrow Road, it was terrible. Take my advice and borrow the money and come down to the Bridge with the rest of us

It wasn''t much better at Anfield either I can assure you!

That said we''ll be at the Bridge on Saturday (used to live a mile away some 20 odd years ago, so a good chance to take Shropshire Canary Junior to another ground!!)

As long as we give it our all both on and off the pitch (and that goes for those of you at FCR too) then we can ask and expect no more.

I am going to the beamback on saturday and I really hope there are a few fans from the snakepit and block e of the barclay going so the fans are a lot more loud than the liverpool beamback. The atmosphere was flat.

Hey Mello and susie

I''ll be there for the beamback on Saturday.  Thought it was a bit pricey to go to the capital to watch us get stuffed, but couldn''t fight the urge to watch the game so the beamback was the perfect option!

Who''s been to a beamback before?  2 questions:

1. Is there commentary on the game?  Who''s it by? Ie is it the commentary which will be on football 1st?
  2. Is there any atmosphere at the beam back?  I''d like to start a few chants but not if I''m the only one!

Why may I ask do u want snakepit and e block fans there? Im an e block fan and i will be there but why oh why would u want to sing at a screen? Just sit back and enjoy the football. Yes cheer if we score or applaud good moves but why sing to the players. Do u sit at home watching on the tele singing " Come on you yellows"? No thought not.

I do...

[quote]Why may I ask do u want snakepit and e block fans there? Im an e block fan and i will be there but why oh why would u want to sing at a screen? Just sit back and enjoy the football. Yes cheer if we sc...[/quote]

you mean it''s strange to do that? Sod that, I sing wherever I am, if I was going to the beamback, dont worry i''d be singing(with the other one or two that are) Yes I have a bit of a chant at the tele if I have to, nuthin wrong in that I reckon! If I''m feelin proud, I dont care!

I used to go to the bridge back in the late 90''s so am not that keen to see the ground again. I will be making the trip to CR for the beam back I''m not spending £40 to line the pocket of an already very rich man, although that said I know the point is to see NCFC. not Chels but I''ll stick to the Pompey and Hammers games for now

Quote : Who''s been to a beamback before? 2 questions:1. Is there commentary on the game? Who''s it by? Ie is it the commentary which will be on football 1st?2. Is there any atmosphere at the beam back? I''d like to start a few chants but not if I''m the only one!

Yes I have been to the Liverpool beam back and it was awful! I am not going this time as I have to get back to Dereham and then back to Norwich for 6.45!Yes there was commentary last time.There wasn''t any chants last time - nothing to chant about! If it gets really exciting on Saturday, you never know! A large part of the Jarrold Stand was full last time so there is a few there.Have fun!Come on you Yellows!