Sign in to follow this  
colufan

Well done

Having joined in with the banter and build up it''s only fair to come back to congratulate you on your teams excellent win today. Think we gifted you the openings, but your lads had to put them away and they did it with aplomb so there''s no complaints here. Second half particularly we were a bit of a shambles.

I said prior to todays game I thought you had enough for second, but the way Leeds are going right now you could quite easily take the title.

Football''s all about the ups and downs, normally more downs than ups, and its a painful night tonight. Hopefully once the compensation issue is sorted out one way or the other things between the clubs can settle down a bit.

Anyway, once again, well done, enjoy the win - although I''m pretty sure you don''t need me to tell you to do that!

Thanks for posting that. You must be feeling a bit like we did on 8th August, shell shocked. I''m still more than a little stunned at the result! Long way to go for both teams until the end of the season though.

Gracious of you.I watched on the net today, and apart from an early flourish I thought you looked awful. You were a shambles second half and I honestly don''t know how you are where you are in the league. Did the players have too much pressure on them? Did Robbie build it up too much?Do you go to games? Is that the kind of standard you normally see?I honestly expected it to be closer today.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Good on you mate, all for the banter, nice to see you can take it too! Good luck in the play offs![/quote]

Agreed!

Good man yourself. Credit where credit is due. We did play well today, and you weren`t on your best form (the pitch was shocking and it could have gone either way in the first 20 minutes). I have`nt  / still don`t have any probs with the Coll fans. Cowling has been a prize plank (and I`m not talking about the ticketing allocation). Still a lot of the season to go and I`m hoping that we get automatic and you guys get the play offs. As has been mentioned before lets get back to the normal status quo and all go back to hating the scum!!!

Cheers! I think we gave you a right seeing to so any talk of ''gifted'' goals is a bit of a red herring. As on the opening day, how many goals did our dodgy RB and dodgy keeper gift you? As in the game at CR the best team won by a country mile, no excuses. That''s 2 shocking results for you though, have the wheels fallen off?

Yes, I''m a season ticket holder and see my fair share of away games as well.

Second half was dire. I think the first half was more even but you don''t help yourself when you gift possession and goals to the opposition. Credit to Chris Martin though because his finishes were excellent and he showed excellent control on a difficult surface, something our players couldn''t match. I''m not going to dwell too much on if''s and buts as there isn''t a lot of point, but it would have been interesting if Fox hadn''t skied his chance in the first few minutes when it looked far easier to score. I think in the conditions the first goal was crucial. You scored it and then just waited to see if we''d give you another and we obliged. Killer goals just before half-time and after. As you say, the second half was a shambles. They lost all shape in trying to chase the game and Norwich were able to sit back and pick off the errors. 6 shots on target and 5 goals is deadly finishing although I doubt you''ll find as obliging a defence as ours again.

The irony is if ever conditions were suited to hoofball then today provided them and so our defenders and midfield tried to play little passes through big puddles!

Were they affected by the pressure. Who can say. They are professionals though so really should be able to rise above it.

Funnily enough I also expected it to be closer :-)

Once again well done.

[quote user="colufan"]

Second half was dire. I think the first half was more even but you don''t help yourself when you gift possession and goals to the opposition. Credit to Chris Martin though because his finishes were excellent and he showed excellent control on a difficult surface, something our players couldn''t match. I''m not going to dwell too much on if''s and buts as there isn''t a lot of point, but it would have been interesting if Fox hadn''t skied his chance in the first few minutes when it looked far easier to score. I think in the conditions the first goal was crucial. You scored it and then just waited to see if we''d give you another and we obliged. Killer goals just before half-time and after. As you say, the second half was a shambles. They lost all shape in trying to chase the game and Norwich were able to sit back and pick off the errors. 6 shots on target and 5 goals is deadly finishing although I doubt you''ll find as obliging a defence as ours again.

The irony is if ever conditions were suited to hoofball then today provided them and so our defenders and midfield tried to play little passes through big puddles!

Were they affected by the pressure. Who can say. They are professionals though so really should be able to rise above it.

Once again well done.

[/quote][Y]

I am certainly not tyring to say the better team didn''t win and you would have won without the gifts, but we did make pretty presents to you today although they still had to be finished. And it is true you did the same for us and yes no doubt the best team won. It''s not an excuse but we really didn''t help ourselves today.

[quote user="colufan"]I am certainly not tyring to say the better team didn''t win and you would have won without the gifts, but we did make pretty presents to you today although they still had to be finished. And it is true you did the same for us and yes no doubt the best team won. It''s not an excuse but we really didn''t help ourselves today.[/quote]

I hope now we can go back to not seeing as each other as rivals and having a healthy dislike for the darkside on Portaloo rd.

[quote user="colufan"]I am certainly not tyring to say the better team didn''t win and you would have won without the gifts, but we did make pretty presents to you today although they still had to be finished. And it is true you did the same for us and yes no doubt the best team won. It''s not an excuse but we really didn''t help ourselves today.[/quote]I agree, penalty aside, we gave you a lesson in clinical finishing today considering you had twice as many shots as us.

Well Done Colufan. I''m sure I speak for most City fans when I say we have never had any problems with you lot before, and in fact see our clubs as kindred spirits in some ways, with our mutual loathing of the Binners.

That said Mr Cow "n" gate has resembled a total arse over the last few weeks and even contined his nonsense on Football Focus which I have just watched on Sky Planner having watched the game today from your West Stand (block K) . Good luck, I have a lot of time for Aidy having spoken to him several times at Colney when he ran our under 18''s. I hope you get up through the play offs.

[quote user="colufan"]

Once again well done.

[/quote]

Looks like we are seeing another side to you now. Respect to you for coming out and saying this. And for the ifs and buts. If we didn''t give you 7 goals we would have one 1-0 so i don''t want to here them.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Looks like we are seeing another side to you now. Respect to you for coming out and saying this. And for the ifs and buts. If we didn''t give you 7 goals we would have one 1-0 so i don''t want to here them.[/quote]

No you''re not seeing another side to me. If you care to search my posts, though I doubt if you do, you''ll see for themost part I''ve tried to have a sensible debate with Norwich supporters and have only bitten when someone''s had a dig.

I don''t artgue that we were gifted most of the goals when we won and today we returned the compliment. You may not want to hear it but I think most fair minded Norwich fans would agree that you capitalised on some woeful defending. That said, as I said earlier, you still have to put them away and 5 goals from 6 shots shows you did that immaculately.

[quote user="colufan"]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Looks like we are seeing another side to you now. Respect to you for coming out and saying this. And for the ifs and buts. If we didn''t give you 7 goals we would have one 1-0 so i don''t want to here them.[/quote]

No you''re not seeing another side to me. If you care to search my posts, though I doubt if you do, you''ll see for themost part I''ve tried to have a sensible debate with Norwich supporters and have only bitten when someone''s had a dig.

I don''t artgue that we were gifted most of the goals when we won and today we returned the compliment. You may not want to hear it but I think most fair minded Norwich fans would agree that you capitalised on some woeful defending. That said, as I said earlier, you still have to put them away and 5 goals from 6 shots shows you did that immaculately.

[/quote]

Your right i can''t be bothered to search your posts and i can''t comment on our goals yet but its the ones that have been eating sour grapes that are now suffering.

[quote user="colufan"]

Having joined in with the banter and build up it''s only fair to come back to congratulate you on your teams excellent win today. Think we gifted you the openings, but your lads had to put them away and they did it with aplomb so there''s no complaints here. Second half particularly we were a bit of a shambles.

I said prior to todays game I thought you had enough for second, but the way Leeds are going right now you could quite easily take the title.

Football''s all about the ups and downs, normally more downs than ups, and its a painful night tonight. Hopefully once the compensation issue is sorted out one way or the other things between the clubs can settle down a bit.

Anyway, once again, well done, enjoy the win - although I''m pretty sure you don''t need me to tell you to do that!

[/quote]

Well done for coming back on here today, never easy when you lose.

Colufan, credit where it is due for showing your face on here tonight.I believe that we must have had a good 65% plus of the possesion today and it made me giggle at half-time when so many Colchester fans were bitching about us only having two shots on target and two goals.I think we had most of the possesion and the better finishing.  You had numerous chances in the first half and could not hit the target with hardly any of them.  May I suggest that you get a better striker than an Ipswich Reject???

[quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]Nothing personaly, but I hope you and the Kentucky Fried Chicken Stadium disintegrate as long as you have Cowling the bumder in charge.

Aye, good on you Colufan - and I for one think most of your posts have been pretty reasonable, so I''d not be too concerned by those who can''t see that. Good luck for the rest of the season, God alone knows what the scores would be should we meet in the play-offs (and what Mr Cowling would make of it all) but hopefully it won''t come to that.

The two matches have been very strange affairs: goals gifted to each other, very much out of character - we''ve let in 7 in 12 at home since that game, Col 8 in 11 prior to today; I can''t ever recall such pisspoor defending from us from when we played in August. But at the end of it honours were almost even, to get a net -1 goal difference after the first game isn''t too bad for us!!

A very poor run or injuries aside - which can never be predicted - I don''t think you''ll be needing the play-offs.

[quote user="Smudger"]Colufan, credit where it is due for showing your face on here tonight.

I believe that we must have had a good 65% plus of the possesion today and it made me giggle at half-time when so many Colchester fans were bitching about us only having two shots on target and two goals.

I think we had most of the possesion and the better finishing.  You had numerous chances in the first half and could not hit the target with hardly any of them.  May I suggest that you get a better striker than an Ipswich Reject???

[/quote]

47% to 53% in your favour apparently.

Admittedly I''ve been a wind-up merchant on here of late. What I saw today saddened me to the core, and on-field matters had nothing to do with it - footie results come and go but there are more important things in life, such as not having your town turned into somewhere you don''t want to be for an hour after full time. My fellow U''s fans here might well disagree but I think our chairman got it hideously wrong in hindsight and has created what looks to be some kind of monster. I''m gutted, not at the score but at the creation of an artificial rivalry. I sincerely hope it doesn''t last.

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Admittedly I''ve been a wind-up merchant on here of late. What I saw today saddened me to the core, and on-field matters had nothing to do with it - footie results come and go but there are more important things in life, such as not having your town turned into somewhere you don''t want to be for an hour after full time. My fellow U''s fans here might well disagree but I think our chairman got it hideously wrong in hindsight and has created what looks to be some kind of monster. I''m gutted, not at the score but at the creation of an artificial rivalry. I sincerely hope it doesn''t last.[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]Admittedly I''ve been a wind-up merchant on here of late. What I saw today saddened me to the core, and on-field matters had nothing to do with it - footie results come and go but there are more important things in life, such as not having your town turned into somewhere you don''t want to be for an hour after full time. My fellow U''s fans here might well disagree but I think our chairman got it hideously wrong in hindsight and has created what looks to be some kind of monster. I''m gutted, not at the score but at the creation of an artificial rivalry. I sincerely hope it doesn''t last.[/quote]Couldn''t agree more. Never had anything against Colchester the club or their supporters, didn''t hold the 7-1 against you in any way either (resentment was saved solely for Gunn there) and don''t even consider you a derby game at all, but in recent weeks Cowling has made me hate Colchester. Hate. This is a shame because I really don''t want to.  Hopefully the whole thing will just quietly go away now and we can get back to hating the scum together.

Well done Colufan - when all is said and done we''re all football fans; the highs & lows following our respective clubs lead to certain emotions that we all relate to!

A gracious posting - good on you!

[quote user="Barclay Block E Boy"]

Thought the fan who  thought he could take on1900 city fans was a legend...... watching him wrestled too the floor face first into the big puddle was priceless.....

[/quote]

Highlight for me too. A second of madness. Rugby tackled in the mud, laughed at, then a possible banning order. [:D]