To expand slightly, we tried this before and he really is a better defender than he is a striker.His nickname "The Ginger Pele" is actually (obviously) tongue in cheek lol.

Well, if needs must and all that he could do a job up front at this level. But he is playing really well where he is.

When he first came to the club he played up front for a few games. At Old Trafford he came on for the last 20 mins and and was instrumental in our goal and then played the full 90 at St James Park where he scored the equaliser. I think virtually all his 34 international appearances have been as a striker.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well, if needs must and all that he could do a job up front at this level. But he is playing really well where he is.

When he first came to the club he played up front for a few games. At Old Trafford he came on for the last 20 mins and and was instrumental in our goal and then played the full 90 at St James Park where he scored the equaliser. I think virtually all his 34 international appearances have been as a striker.

[/quote]

Which shows why they have done so much better since his international absence.

Div3 cb does OK just leave the guy where he is!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I was simply goingg to make the argument that he was crap..........[/quote]

I think you''re a load of old crap too Nexus

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I was simply goingg to make the argument that he was crap..........[/quote]

I think you''re a load of old crap too Nexus[/quote]PffftYou never seen me play !

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Which shows why they have done so much better since his international absence.

Div3 cb does OK just leave the guy where he is!!

[/quote]

We agree he should be left where he is. But unfortunately there''s only 14 days left in January so we''d better enjoy it while it lasts. Good goal yesterday didn''t you think? Division Three and all that but I had a great day.[Y]

Doc is deffo making a case to stay at the club right now but his contact and wages make me think maybe we could do without.However the fact hes scoring goals means that I''d not really want to part with him.I dunno if he will hack it in the Championship :(