Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Beckford

I bet Leeds have been begging Beckford to withdraw his request after their recent run of results. The loud-mouthed Yorkshiremen are feeling the Canaries coming and want to do anything to get their team back on track. I''m sure they have given him a rise or a promise on paper that they will let him go if they don''t finish as champions...

Let''s give them a kick in the teeth!!!

He has withdrawn his request and is staying until the end of the season

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8464263.stm

Not sure if this is good for us or not, would rather they relied on one player than had the cash to buy in a few but he is a threat.

Like I said in the thread on this yesterday, this in no way shows any loyalty to Leeds, it just means that him and his agent didn''t get the transfer interest they expected, and he will go in the summer.Situations like this can unsettle the player himself but also the whole team, time will tell how quickly they all get over this and get back to winning ways.Perhaps Leeds have paniced also, Good old Ken Bates saw that he could make some cash but has suddenly, with us on his coat tails they need Beckfords goals?

Good point Morty, think promotion is valued at £10m which sobers the £3m he was being touted for.

There is little chance of him staying past the summer so hopefully his mind will be on the move and not Leeds.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Good point Morty, think promotion is valued at £10m which sobers the £3m he was being touted for.

There is little chance of him staying past the summer so hopefully his mind will be on the move and not Leeds.[/quote]I think the whole thing will have unsettled him, and the team also to some respect. And it can turn into a downward spiral, they lose a few, doubts creep into mind, confidence slips, all a sudden another team playing beautiful football is overtaking you to go top of the league when they were 8 points behind just a short time ago.Perhaps some players there are thinking "Here we go again, choking and failing just like other seasons"All of this is pure conjecture on my part, but we can only hope lol.