Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Were Rebates a factor in away ticket allocations ?

Someone I know told me that a friend of was given a higher priority in getting his away ticket for the Colchester match because he didn''t claim his rebate.  Because he left the money with the club, he was told that he would be second priority after away season ticket holders.My question is - is this fair to rebate claimers ?  You could argue that non-claimers have paid more, so deserve some benefits as a result.If we ended up in a play-off final (touch wood we don''t as I''d like us to promote automatically), would this policy apply ?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I claimed my rebate and was successful in the ballot.[/quote]Wait for the next conspiricy theory about why someone didn''t get a ticket, just a minute Pete, you got one and you are employed by someone on the board of the club.  Let me go an start a new thread...[:P]

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I claimed my rebate and was successful in the ballot.[/quote]Wait for the next conspiricy theory about why someone didn''t get a ticket, just a minute Pete, you got one and you are employed by someone on the board of the club.  Let me go an start a new thread...[:P][/quote]No conspircay theories here dhickl, just passing on what I was told, seemed a bit of an odd way to do things is all.

I claimed my rebate and got a ticket also. I did bump into a mate on Saturday who was on a stag do with 25 guys, they knew someone on the inside so managed to get them all tickets.  Worst still, I dont think they were all Norwich supporters......Oh well, its all done and dusted now.

When I decided against claiming my rebate I had no ulterior motive. It never occurred to me that it would give me any advantage in ticket allocation. I was very disappointed not to get a ticket for Saturday''s match and after reading this thread I can''t help feeling it might have been a nice gesture to give those who didnt claim their rebate some priority. Oh well - as you say it is all water under the bridge now. The main thing is that City won which is all that really matters at the end of the day. :-)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Someone I know told me that a friend of was given a higher priority in getting his away ticket for the Colchester match because he didn''t claim his rebate.  Because he left the money with the club, he was told that he would be second priority after away season ticket holders.

My question is - is this fair to rebate claimers ?  You could argue that non-claimers have paid more, so deserve some benefits as a result.

If we ended up in a play-off final (touch wood we don''t as I''d like us to promote automatically), would this policy apply ?
[/quote]

No I don''t this either I know a few fans who never claimed rebate and didn''t get a ticket, although some of us were a bit smarter than Cowling thought,