Sign in to follow this  
hook norton canary

Bentley for Green=y/n

No.

Bentley played brilliantly on Saturday and I hope he continues that form, but a direct swap???  I''d value green at £4-5m (the bloke is almost England''s national ''keeper), David Bentley has a lot of promise but at would probably be around Â£1-1.5m.

Bentley has youth on his side. If he improves and becomes the player he is supposed to, he could be worth 5 or 6 million in a couple of years. That''s why Rooney''s value is so stratospheric, because he has so many years in front of him.

Presumably you mean at the end of the season?  If we''re still up and Bentley has continued to improve all season, i think we''d have to consider a Bentley plus cash offer.

At this precise moment in time I''d say ''No'', Greeno is worth more to the team per game than Bentley... Fortunately, right now we don''t need to choose as, ignoring the hows, we''ve got both in the team at present...

Do you mean Saturday, Mr. Barclay??!! Perhaps you know somewhere he was playing that we don''t!

Good point though, Green has saved our skins many a time.

Green for Henry, they will be glad to oust him after that glaring miss v Arsenal, and I wouldn''t mind doing them a favour by taking him off their hands. 

Seriously though I would go Green = Bentley + a decent midfielder + ££££££''s

Bentley+ Pennant/Aliadiere + around £2-3 million would be nice.

WE HAVE TO KEEP HOLD OF HIM TILL END OF SEASON AT LEAST THOUGH!!

This perennial topic has started me thinking. In the last couple of games Bentley had become a little anonymous, then against Bolton he shines and played an absolute blinder. He''s also made statements in the press recently saying that despite playing for Norwich this season, he really wants to figure in Wenger''s plans for the future. Could there be a link between his sudden resurgence and talk of a swap deal for Green? Trying to remind Wenger of what he''s capable of in the hope of returning to the fold at the end of the year?

How about Bentley plus Lehmann for Greeno!  Germany''s No. 2 would be a better replacement for our amazing and athletic Robert the Hobbit than Scotland''s No. 2 - if only we could get away with it!  (NB by using the phrase "No. 2" I''m not implying that either of them are s**t...)

Good point about Liverpool. And don''t forget Man Utd either. As was pointed out by Lord Hanson recently - there''s not a decent keeper between them, Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool. If we find ourselves in the position where we have something that ALL of the above want, then we can almost name our price. He has to continue his form though which has dropped off a little i think from its incredible peak at the start of the season. That save at White Hart Lane - on the ground by his right post where he managed to hold it as well as keep it out - is still fresh in my mind. Unbelievable!

NO!!

Green is an all action Norwich City ''Hair-oo'' - as pronounced in my best South Norfolk accent...

Bentley is more just Hair (with potential, mind, but just Hair)...

If Robert Green were to stay at Carrow Road for another 5 years then he would be in our all-time list of Legends...

There are an incredible amount of issues around Greeno''s potential sale, most issues i''m sure we don''t know about. I for one am a firm believer that there is a clause in his contract that allows him to speak to other clubs who make a bid over, say 5mil, or that he is free to leave if we go down.

Why did Bentley come to us?? i''m a firm believer it was in return for Wenger having first option on Greeno.

Why have we signed two "international" backup keepers?? i''m pretty certain they were told they will play second fiddle this season, and battle it out for number one spot next season.

Sven has made it clear that Greeno is number 4 - (Robbo - Flapper - Kirkland - Green), and so will feel that if he moves to Man U or Arsenal, he will have a massive chance to become number 1. Strangely, I feel our best chance of retaining Green is if Flapper James retires, which would guarentee Greeno a place in the squad, and a chance to impress

no no no no no no no nooooooooooooo nooooooooooooo and did i say NO!!!!!!!!?????????????

If we could sign bently, GREAT, but not in a swap for Green.........

If we get relegated, of course green can go cause he needs to play premiership football. But i wont want to see him go before the end of the season anyway

Im sure he will be a true legend and stay with the canaries!

[quote]Let''s get ambitious why not keep Green and add Bentley !(providing he plays like Saturday)[/quote]

Would love to see that, but can''t see it happening my friend. I can''t see wenger wanting to let Bentley go without something in return, i.e Greeno. He was very reluctant to let him go on loan in the first place! On the other hand, he may use this loan spell to see whether he is capable of playing at the highest level, and maybe he is realising that he won''t get a place in the arsenal team in the near future at least, and therefore he may elect to cash in on him.