Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Handbags?????????

I saw this phrase, "handbags" used on a thread and then again on the video report.  I would like to know what it means.

My original thought was that it was a take off of Monty Python sketches where they portray women re-enacting historic battles by swinging their purses at one another, which I translated into players kind of slapping at each other, but that does not seem to fit. 

Someone, anyone, please inform me what this hilarious sounding term means as it relates to what happened at Colchester.

Thanks, N_M. even though it leaves me disappointed! I hoped it might be something more manly than I was completely ignorant of.

HANDBAGS!?!?!?!  Come one, NCFC, we have not resorted to that, have we?  Oh well, if it turns into a 0 - 5 win, what the heck!

It''s become quite a common footballing term.Something like Handbags between <insert player name> and <insert player name> and <insert player name> is teapotting just out of the action ;)Know what teapotting is ?Sometimes refered to as double teapotting :) as funny imo

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]I know what Teabagging is [;)][/quote]

HAH!  Good one, DDD.[:D][:D]

And no, I don''t know what teapotting is, either. Is handbagging REALLY Python doing a women''s group reenacting the Battle of Hastings kind of thing?