Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Player contracts

LOL.....im pretty certain that McVeigh is only on a year so hes going in the summer. I think Cureton might be going in the summer too because i dont think hes got that long left on his contract. They are players that i know of. I think all of our crucial players have got a decent length contract. Oh yea theres Chris Martin as well but Lamberts hoping to get him to sign a new contract....Fingers Crossed!

[quote user="DanielHammond"]LOL.....im pretty certain that McVeigh is only on a year so hes going in the summer. I think Cureton might be going in the summer too because i dont think hes got that long left on his contract. They are players that i know of. I think all of our crucial players have got a decent length contract. Oh yea theres Chris Martin as well but Lamberts hoping to get him to sign a new contract....Fingers Crossed![/quote]

Cody is this summer, not sure about Daryl?

Cody is???? Now thats a shock! Hopefully he will get offered a 2 year contract. He hasnt been given a chance to really prove himself yet. Daryl if true is again a shock. I thought that there might have been a bit more fuss about that just like the chris martin contract. I have faith in Lambert to sort out the deadwood and hopefully use the wages more wisely than previous managers.

[quote user="DanielHammond"]Cody is???? Now thats a shock! Hopefully he will get offered a 2 year contract. He hasnt been given a chance to really prove himself yet. Daryl if true is again a shock. I thought that there might have been a bit more fuss about that just like the chris martin contract. I have faith in Lambert to sort out the deadwood and hopefully use the wages more wisely than previous managers.[/quote]

I am not sure when Daryl''s expires,  I thought I had heard it was this summer, but may well not be.

Cody''s is definitely this summer, he signed an 18 month contract when he joined.

I have some concern over Martin''s, don''t know if it''s him or the club who is stalling?  If we get promoted I''d be suprised if he goes as I can''t see a Prem team wanting him, but you never know.

If you were in Martins shoes now would you sign a new contract today not knowing whether you will be playing Championship or League One football next season, or wait till the end of the season when you will know which division Norwich will be in, and whether you wish to continue playing for them!

[quote user="Largey"]If you were in Martins shoes now would you sign a new contract today not knowing whether you will be playing Championship or League One football next season, or wait till the end of the season when you will know which division Norwich will be in, and whether you wish to continue playing for them![/quote]

If he is truly Norwich through and through as some posters have said on other threads then he would not leave Norwich regardless of division. Time will tell !!  

Off the top of my head I can think of,Darel RussellGary "The Doc" DohertyChris MartinPaul McVeighJamie CuretonCody MacDonaldI think obviously Russell, Martin and Doc should all be offered contracts. I wouldn''t push the boat out on any of them though (apart from maybe Martin). The all to often poor performances from Russell and Doherty still kind of burn in the memory. I think they have been amazing this year so would definitely want them on board, but maybe not on the wages they are currently on. It''s really tough to call as at the moment we look very good for promotion, but nothing is certain in football and if we hang around too long then someone might step in and snap them up.It goes without saying that JC and McVeigh shouldn''t be offered anything for next year. I think Cody won''t be offered anything going by the current state of things, OJ has just been brought in and is in a similar situation to Cody (fresh out of non-league, similar age and quick strikers who like the ball at their feet). OJ is getting the sub appearances at the moment and certainly hasn''t disappointed, if Cody can go out on loan and impress then there might be an argument for keeping him but at the moment I can''t see that he adds anything, the excuse that he needs time to adapt is wearing thin and Lambert is obviously unsure about him.