Sign in to follow this  
Dublin Canary

Wes Hoolahan in the Irish Press

This is my first post and a newbie here I just thought that I would share a few articles with you that are in the Irish press about Wes Hoolahan. Both very positive articles.http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/finally-finding-a-stage-for-his-talents-2018358.htmlhttp://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/new-role-fires-hoolahan-up-the-scoring-charts-1997121.htmlDublin Canary

Welcome aboard!

Good articles, cheers for the links. I think some of Hoolahan''s critics (still find it unbelievable there are some) should read and remember this paragraph -

"The challenge for any manager is to accommodate the 27-year-old, to highlight his strong points and compensate for the areas where he''s never going to be a force -- he''s not going to dive into challenges to prove commitment. He''s just one of those natural performers; there''s no point trying to force him into a role that doesn''t suit him. Instead, he needs to be surrounded by people who can endeavour to provide that freedom"

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Welcome aboard!

Good articles, cheers for the links. I think some of Hoolahan''s critics (still find it unbelievable there are some) should read and remember this paragraph -

"The challenge for any manager is to accommodate the 27-year-old, to highlight his strong points and compensate for the areas where he''s never going to be a force -- he''s not going to dive into challenges to prove commitment. He''s just one of those natural performers; there''s no point trying to force him into a role that doesn''t suit him. Instead, he needs to be surrounded by people who can endeavour to provide that freedom"

[/quote]

Precisely what Lambert has done!

Hoolahan drifts a lot and does over elaborate which causes him to lose the ball a lot!

This is why he isn''t effective playing in a standard 4 4 2. We''re playing Hoolahan in his best position which allows him to drift and over elaborate because you''ve got messrs Lappin, Russell and Smith cobering him!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

welcome,

would he be going to the world cup? or is he northern irish?

[/quote]

That is the funniest post I''ve ever read [:D][:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

welcome,

[/quote]

HAHA, quality!!! When i went to Dublin, my taxi driver''s son was his friend or played football with him or something along them lines, spoke very highly of young Wesley he did. Although,  his accent was so strong and so was the Guinness so he could of really been talking about anyone!

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

welcome,

[/quote]

That is the funniest post I''ve ever read [:D][:D]

[/quote]

[:D] It certainly is!

Brilliant articles. A very informative read - they obviously know their football