I know that the chances of Francis being fit for saturday are slim, but if he were available for selection, should we play him??

I personally think that we should start with the same team that won against bolton, with safri and helveg continuing in the centre of midfield. Then maybe he could be introduced in the 2nd half in for maybe safri to freshen up the midfield, obviously if things don''t go our way. This way he will also be able to get used to playing in that hideous mask.

Any thoughts??? OTBC

I think we should start with helveg and safri and have francis on bench.  we can all admit we are going to loose on saturday so no point risking francis. if in a miracle, we are 1-0 up,he would be great to bring off the bench

After Saturdays performance I no longer feel he is vital to our midfield - he is vital in a 4-4-2 model though.

However I agree that he should start, keep the
4-5-1 and sit Francis with Helveg. I passionately believe you should play your strongest available team - and that must include Francis if he is ready.

OTBC

From the Pink Un article about Francis yesterday, it sounded like he won''t be back just yet. If he says he doesn''t feel comfortable with his mask just yet, then I can''t see Worthy even putting him on the bench. Certainly, given that we won on Sat. I''m pretty sure the team that starts will be the same.
Personally I''d like to see him start from the bench and maybe get a second half outing in place of Safri... unless of course we''re 2 up already.

DDIM, i agree that he is vital for our midfield, however i just think that due to having to wear the face mask, he may not be able to perform to the best of his ability. I would love to see his name in the starting eleven on saturday, however i don''t think worthy would start him unless he was playing at 100%, and quite right too. We need players to perform to their maximum, whoever they are.

agree with Canaries4ever, that team were brilliant on saturday and stick with it. Francis, if fit, should be on bench.

I disagree... I think against Chelsea we need players that are totally focussed on the game and are upto speed with the game. I don''t think Francis offers that at the moment as he doesn''t appear totally at ease with the mask and isn''t in ''high tempo game mode''. I think by keeping the powder dry as regards Francis for an extra week will be of benefit to both him and the team as it allows him the extra time to get back upto speed and in the flow of Premiership footie whilst further adapting to the facemask.