Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Simon Lappin

Has anyone else noticed the pure joy and delight that Lappin shows every time we score a goal (as can be seen on the picture of one of the Pink Un stories) - the man is Norwich through and through

I have a lot of time for Lapps, he stuck with the club even though he could have gone elsewhere, seems very happy with all things NC, plus I think now and have always thought what a good player he is.

But yes the look on his face and the other players faces when they score is magical.

You mean this one?

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED17%20Jan%202010%2019:18:49:750

I like how the goal scorer (doc) isn''t even in that picture but they''re all going nuts anyway!

I must admit, when he went out on loan I thought that I would never see him in a Norwich shirt again, but I am pleased that he has come back and he has played brilliantly this season.

Hopefully he can continue his form throughout the rest of the season.

Don''t get me wrong, I like Lappin and feel that he has been instrumental in our success, but we also have to remember that whilst he was rotting in the reserves, he was being paid handsomely and if he had left to go back to Scotland, he would never have been paid the same. Like I said, I''m chuffed for him and he has been one of our best players this year.

He deserves to celebrate more than anyone. He stayed here, stuck to his task, and at the moment is playing bloody well. Worship the King of Spain!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Nobody had a muddier shirt, total commitment.[/quote]Poor bloke did get fouled on the Centre D though and as a result performed a forced "Klinsmann" through a huge clump of mud !! Was quite funny as he even got up grinning !Still his class and commitment is faultless ! Cult hero already, legend in the making !!

I thought he was offered a chance to join a scottish team but turned it down? Either way, he is the type of player you want at the club, he appears to care and the fact that he celebrates every goal like its in the 90th minute of the FA cup final only goes to show that! Is he still the leagues player with the highest number of assists? He can put a great cross in and pick a pass.... a good weapon to have in our arsenal!

[quote user="DanielHammond"]He looks a different player this season. Doesnt get the credit he deserves sometimes. He might sneak into the top 3 for player of the season.[/quote]Surely Grant Holt is the safest bet in the country for #1 right now ?

i meant the top 3 for our players at the end of the season....last home game and all that! I do agree with holt though. He has to be no1 in the country according to the stats.

Over the last 2 or 3 games Lappin has looked superb. When Lambert arrived he was very good too. However, over November/December I felt like he wasn''t really up to scratch with the rest of the team. Gave the ball away far too frequently and made a lot of silly mistakes which led to giving needless fouls away. The amount of time he spends having a go at the referee rather than getting back and marking up irritates me a little bit as well - it reminds me of Gary Neville.

On the whole I can''t complain too much though as he clearly gives the team balance and is our second best assister. I think every player has areas that they can improve but out of the current starting 11, it''s Lappin and Nelson I feel would be the most ill-equip for life in the Championship.

The current formation suits not just Hoolahan but also Lappin, his big problem imo is his lack of pace, his delivery has always been really good, just he struggles to go past his man, as he''s not playing out wide that doesnt really matter and he can still take corners and freekicks. If he had just a yard more pace he''d playing for a better side than us, just for a winger to be really slow is not really ideal. Glad he stuck with us and agree with the people on here he does look really commited  and like he really wants the club to do well.

[quote user="AJ"]He deserves to celebrate more than anyone. He stayed here, stuck to his task, and at the moment is playing bloody well. Worship the King of Spain!![/quote]I like him because he always seems to enjoy his game - but after Roeder''s treatment that''s probably not surprising as he must savour every minute he plays. But it''s Lappin''s birthday next Monday 25th Jan - would be brilliant if he actually got on the score sheet this Saturday.

Lappin is also very good with set pieces. I know he''s only scored 3 goals in his whole career with us, but remember that time he chose to take an injury-time free kick against Luton and scored? He''s been the best we''ve had since Phil Mulryne. The reason why he has so many assists to his name is because he takes most of our free kicks and corners.

One of our unsung heros whose well worth his team spot!

His commitment is awesome and he has become a lot more tenacious giving the oppostion no time to play!

His biggest weakness to me is he has a tendancy to constantly argue with the officials and ends up talking himself into the book!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="DanielHammond"]He looks a different player this season. Doesnt get the credit he deserves sometimes. He might sneak into the top 3 for player of the season.[/quote]Surely Grant Holt is the safest bet in the country for #1 right now ?[/quote]If the season finished today I will be voting for Wes.

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Over the last 2 or 3 games Lappin has looked superb. When Lambert arrived he was very good too. However, over November/December I felt like he wasn''t really up to scratch with the rest of the team. Gave the ball away far too frequently and made a lot of silly mistakes which led to giving needless fouls away. The amount of time he spends having a go at the referee rather than getting back and marking up irritates me a little bit as well - it reminds me of Gary Neville.

On the whole I can''t complain too much though as he clearly gives the team balance and is our second best assister. I think every player has areas that they can improve but out of the current starting 11, it''s Lappin and Nelson I feel would be the most ill-equip for life in the Championship.[/quote]If you watch him carefully he appears to have a knack of knowing when to foul. Malky used to have it as well. He often gets bookings when the opposition are threatening to break and he goes in hard - has a yack with the ref and generally holds up play allowing use to get our shape back.As for the Championship - I think your wrong. If you have a high technical ability and good fitness and strength being the fastest player on the pitch - even out wide, doesn''t matter.Look at Beckham - appart from a season or so when he first burst onto the scene - how often did/do you see him burning up turf and flooring it past players? What has always made Beckham a great player is his passion and drive and his ability to consistantly put good balls into the box. Although not as good as Beckham, Lappin could and has played a similar role for us. I think he will still have an important role next season but I think you will find that we may chop and change our formation more to combat the different styles of teams we will play. At the moment he is keeping the likes of McNamee out of the side.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]One of our unsung heros whose well worth his team spot! His commitment is awesome and he has become a lot more tenacious giving the oppostion no time to play! His biggest weakness to me is he has a tendancy to constantly argue with the officials and ends up talking himself into the book![/quote]

Hopefully won''t be "un sung" for too much longer!!!! come on everyone he is the king of spain, all hail!!!!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Nobody had a muddier shirt, total commitment.[/quote]

he had mud on his face too.... unless he has got some moles on his face now [:P]

[quote user="birchfest"]I thought he was offered a chance to join a scottish team but turned it down? Either way, he is the type of player you want at the club, he appears to care and the fact that he celebrates every goal like its in the 90th minute of the FA cup final only goes to show that! Is he still the leagues player with the highest number of assists? He can put a great cross in and pick a pass.... a good weapon to have in our arsenal!
[/quote]

No, Wes is joint leader (with Jon-Paul McGovern) on 10. Lappin and Holt sit in joint third on 7 with a handful of others.

Agreed, Lappin is doing great for us and seems to be enjoying playing for us and winning. Just a pity Roeder didn''t make better decisions really. Also really got me last night with Joe Lewis at Peterborough on the Late Kick off, how an asset like that could ever slip through our fingers is beyond me- now being talked about possibly going to Spurs for a multimillion pound transfer fee.