Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Niggling doubts

11 wins from the last 13 league games is obviously a fantastic run of form. I dont know about you guys but for me there are still doubts as to:

a) whether we can continue this form and get promotion and b) whether we can finish top.

For me b) isnt that important a point to consider because simply getting promoted is.

Our next 5 games are: brentford h, walsall a, hartlepool h, milwall a and brighton a. Some pretty winnable games there but it is important that we get 3/4 wins out of that.

However having witnessed seasons that we''ve choked and failed to stay up/go up (e.g. last prem season and the season after) i still have doubts whether the ''new'' norwich city can sustain this wonderful form.

As Lambert would say ''we''ve got to take it one game at a time''. Thats what I''m going to do [Y]

One thing that is for sure is that we will not win every match. But, we need to win enough to stay ahead of the pack. Leeds and Charlton will also have wobbles, but it does not mean their season is doomed. Often the loss will be against a lower half team, when perhaps the same efforts are not put in.

Don''t panic Capt. Mainwearing, we will have ups and downs, but stay behind the team and we will be OK.

It is only natural to have doubts, and, as a football fan, it is natural to get carried away also, I guess you need to find that middle ground.I think though that Lambert has galvanised the team, they work so hard for each other and the evidence in results is there to see.I think after Saturday we excorcised a lot of demons and we won a game in style that was very easy to lose. We were against a promotion rival, there were background issues, the pitch was awful and more suited to their game, and we wallopped them!!!I honestly don''t fear anyone at this level, and we even have decent depth now, players on the bench that can genuinely change a game for us, too often in previous seasons we have been losing after 70 minutes and I glance at the bench and think "Right, who on there can come on and offer us something different?" and all too often theres been no one.Johnson, MacNamee and Hughes are the main players I am talking about, good, young, hungry players.I trust Lambert, I really do.[:)]

I have no doubt that we will drop more points this season, and the key to where we will finish is how we fair against the teams around us. We have dispatched Col U, but we have to play Leeds and MK Dons at home, Charlton Away...

The thing is, we can beat MK or leeds at home! I reckon we will get at least 4 points out of MK, Leeds and charlton, proberbly more! The only potential stumbling block there is charlton away for me. At home, we can beat leeds and especially MK, I dont think they have anything more than hudders or Millwall do.

[quote user="NottsCanary"]The thing is, we can beat MK or leeds at home! I reckon we will get at least 4 points out of MK, Leeds and charlton, proberbly more! The only potential stumbling block there is charlton away for me. At home, we can beat leeds and especially MK, I dont think they have anything more than hudders or Millwall do.[/quote]We can use the last game of last season as pehaps a bit of psychology there, revenge etc.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]

11 wins from the last 13 league games is obviously a fantastic run of form. I dont know about you guys but for me there are still doubts as to:

a) whether we can continue this form and get promotion and b) whether we can finish top.

For me b) isnt that important a point to consider because simply getting promoted is.

Our next 5 games are: brentford h, walsall a, hartlepool h, milwall a and brighton a. Some pretty winnable games there but it is important that we get 3/4 wins out of that.

However having witnessed seasons that we''ve choked and failed to stay up/go up (e.g. last prem season and the season after) i still have doubts whether the ''new'' norwich city can sustain this wonderful form.

As Lambert would say ''we''ve got to take it one game at a time''. Thats what I''m going to do [Y]

[/quote]

Grow a pair CT...........and show some faith in Lambert![;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NottsCanary"]The thing is, we can beat MK or leeds at home! I reckon we will get at least 4 points out of MK, Leeds and charlton, proberbly more! The only potential stumbling block there is charlton away for me. At home, we can beat leeds and especially MK, I dont think they have anything more than hudders or Millwall do.[/quote]We can use the last game of last season as pehaps a bit of psychology there, revenge etc.[/quote]True, would be handy if we could get all 9 points I suppose!

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NottsCanary"]The thing is, we can beat MK or leeds at home! I reckon we will get at least 4 points out of MK, Leeds and charlton, proberbly more! The only potential stumbling block there is charlton away for me. At home, we can beat leeds and especially MK, I dont think they have anything more than hudders or Millwall do.[/quote]We can use the last game of last season as pehaps a bit of psychology there, revenge etc.[/quote]True, would be handy if we could get all 9 points I suppose![/quote]I honestly fear no one in this league.I think Us, Charlton and Leeds will shape things in the games where we play each other, the rest of the league is just cannon fodder.Though if Leeds seem hell bent on imploding......

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]One thing that is for sure is that we will not win every match.[/quote]

Why is that "for sure"? Can you see into the future?

[quote user="Captain Holt"]NO doubts for me. We will be promoted. I can''t see anyone stopping us.[/quote]I think it really is a 3 horse race, but I have faith in PL, we are just waiting for leeds to keep on stumbling.Question is though...Will leeds keep on stumbling if we overtake them from the pressure of trying to keep up with us?

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Captain Holt"]NO doubts for me. We will be promoted. I can''t see anyone stopping us.[/quote]I think it really is a 3 horse race, but I have faith in PL, we are just waiting for leeds to keep on stumbling.Question is though...Will leeds keep on stumbling if we overtake them from the pressure of trying to keep up with us?[/quote]We just need to worry about our own games to be honest.The confidence the team has right now has been instilled by our results, not just borne out of arrogance that we are a bigger team (See Leeds for example)We have beaten bigger teams, smaller teams, home and away and we have won dirty when we needed to.It really is all there and only ours to throw away.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]

[/quote]

Grow a pair CT...........and show some faith in Lambert![;)]

[/quote]I agree wit Wiz on this one. For Christ sake CT you worry gut when we''re not winning worry gut when we are. We are the class act in this league we score more than anybody in the country and we are solid as a rock at the back now.Sit back and enjoy the ride. If we choke we choke no point worrying about that unless it happens. Which btw I think it won''t.Enjoy it boy you don''t get seasons very often like this when you support Norwich

Dont get me wrong guys I fully ackowledge that we are far too good at the moment and have been for most of this season (apart from the opening day).

However like everything form and winning is crucial. How will we cope when we do have a bad patch?

Leeds are having their bad spell, Charlton arent that good atm and we are firing. The circumstances can change quickly. With 20 games to go we''re going to have bad form. Its how we cope with it.

It''s in our own hands, as long as we continue to play to our potential and keep inevitable slip ups to a minimun then we should make the top 2. IMO Leeds have a stronger squad but our best 11 is better than anyones in this league.