Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Ah, bless!

Where did it go wrong for U''s?

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/league-one/colchester-united/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=ColchesterUnitedFC&tBrand=GreenUnOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED20+Jan+2010+10%3A13%3A49%3A933

"Chairman and owner Robbie Cowling had inadvertently heaped the pressure on his players'' shoulders in the build-up and - with the eyes of the football world, as well as a packed stadium, on them - the U''s succumbed to the occasion."

inad-bloody-vertently?

HMPH! [8o|]

''''Chairman and owner Robbie Cowling had inadvertently heaped the pressure

on his players'' shoulders in the build-up and - with the eyes of the

football world, as well as a packed stadium, on them - the U''s

succumbed to the occasion''''Should this not be filed under the NO SH*T SHERLOCK section [if one existed]?

I think that article is a major case of clutching at straws!! I love the bit about O''Toole, they only signed him at the start of the window yet his absence is the reason for all of the goals all of a sudden being conceded. Who did his job before his arrival?

I think the article is quite funny, very self pitying and looks like they are preparing for failure.

I was waiting for the bit that said "beaten by a superior team" but I can''t seem to find it amongst the plethora of self pitying excuses!

[quote user="Beauseant"]I was waiting for the bit that said "beaten by a superior team" but I can''t seem to find it amongst the plethora of self pitying excuses![/quote]i don''t think you will hear that as long as i have a hole in me backside. What a pathetic tawdry little village club they are

I can only wonder how that journalist would have spun it had it been us that were soundly beaten. "Cowling wins out in as he rallies his players" " City big boys brought down to earth by English pitch in winter" "U''s benefit from mid winter break"

I have emailed my thoughts to this journalist by clicking on his name (stuart.watson@archant.co.uk) at the top of the article. I would suggest that other fans do not pester the poor chap by posting silly comments to him - that is the last thing he needs at this moment.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]So badly written it must be one of Camel dungs.[;)][/quote]

Who?.................Oh i remember Mister 5,000 ish posts who has not been heard of for nearly four days now.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]So badly written it must be one of Camel dungs.[;)][/quote]Who?.................Oh i remember Mister 5,000 ish posts who has not been heard of for nearly four days now.[/quote]Cam was on the "penalty" thread last night!