Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

We are going to lose at some point! When?

Might look into the odds on us not losing another game, could be worth a few quid.

It does not increase the probability, as someone claiming the same six games back would have now found.

I would add, young chap, the name Bradford. We lost at home one nil around January in the year we went up to the Premiership. They were bottom I believe. So anything can happen Meanwhiles stop the negative posturing. I cannot see anyone beating us on ability or probability.

Maybe we won''t lose.We''re on a terrific run and as long as we aren''t too unlucky with injuries i feel we have enough quality in depth to freshen it up if we need to.

are we going to lose again though? Preston in 1888, Forest in the 70''s, Aresenal 5 years ago... can we go longer than any of them before we lose again?

we wont lose this season for sure.

Last game of the season. We''re brilliant on the last day ;) God I hope nothing rests on the last day of the season this year.

Onwards and Upwards, come on City!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

are we going to lose again though? Preston in 1888, Forest in the 70''s, Aresenal 5 years ago... can we go longer than any of them before we lose again?

[/quote]

Put any money on that? I''ll lay a tenner we lose at least once more, possibly twice (or more even).

Some v tricky games coming up - Millwall, Huddersfield and Swindon all away +of course Leeds at home. Oh, forgot to mention Charlton away. Not being pessimistic but just trying to dampen your over the top optimism. I think we have a good chance of going up but we have had a fantastic run that has basically drawn us level with Leeds and Charlton who have been there all season. At some stage we will hit a wall and / or have key players injured.

For all the criticism, Gunn had a good run early on (nothing like this I know) and after the draw at Birmingham nearly all fans were lining up to say....''we''re defo staying up, no problem''.   I assume you remember what then happened. It ain''t over until it''s over mate!   

[quote user="NCFC-47"]wallsall away[/quote]This is the one Im worrying about, but if at least Charlton and Leeds will have to play all of the difficult teams too, and we are more than capable of matching those twos results.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Put any money on that? I''ll lay a tenner we lose at least once more, possibly twice (or more even).

Some v tricky games coming up - Millwall, Huddersfield and Swindon all away +of course Leeds at home. Oh, forgot to mention Charlton away. Not being pessimistic but just trying to dampen your over the top optimism. I think we have a good chance of going up but we have had a fantastic run that has basically drawn us level with Leeds and Charlton who have been there all season. At some stage we will hit a wall and / or have key players injured.

For all the criticism, Gunn had a good run early on (nothing like this I know) and after the draw at Birmingham nearly all fans were lining up to say....''we''re defo staying up, no problem''.   I assume you remember what then happened. It ain''t over until it''s over mate!   

[/quote]1 Win and 3 draws, before losing 3 out of the next 4?.... Wouldn''t go as far as to say it was a remotely good run myself.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1 Win and 3 draws, before losing 3 out of the next 4?

.... Wouldn''t go as far as to say it was a remotely good run myself.
[/quote]

Er, wrong - check last seasons results.

During March we won 3, drew 1 and lost 1. March ended with the 1-1 at Birmingham. 

Then check back and see what fans were saying after that match. Agreed that that ''run'' is miles away from what has happened last three  months. That''s not the point. What I''m saying is it generated  massive amount of hype and over confidence. Many were openly talking about play offs ''next season'' -  they did''nt specify what division they were talking about mind you!!   

The chances are that we''ll lose at least one before the end of the season, just as the run of home wins must end sometime, but as long as the team and the supporters go out with the attitude of  "it''s not going to be this week", that''s all we can ask.

[quote user="a1canary"]

This can''t keep going on. Every time we win, it increases the liklihood that we will lose. In probability terms! So when will it happen?

Looking at the upcoming games http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/fixtures/default.stm i''m going for Millwall away.

Or does anyone actually think we won''t lose another game this season!?!? Could happen!

[/quote]

I am going to go out on a limb and say maths isn''t your strong point.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]You reckon? That''s more than a positive outlook, that''s like saying "I''m gonna win the lottery next weekend" [:)]I think we''re looking nailed on for promotion unless Hoolahan elopes with Holt or something similarly silly, but not lose another game this season? Any player can have a bad game....it''s just no ones told our lads that yet. [;)]

[quote user="a1canary"]

This can''t keep going on. Every time we win, it increases the liklihood that we will lose. In probability terms!

[/quote]Erm, no it doesn''t.

[quote user="JF"]

Might look into the odds on us not losing another game, could be worth a few quid.

[/quote]

Just do it yourself, put some cash on us winning on Saturday, then if we win put the winnings on us to win the next game and so on. Once you get a decent amount in your pot you can cover the draw each week to make sure you don''t lose it all.

Lol @ Longy! ??You would be spot on. If there is such a thing as numeric dyslexia, i have it! I just thought that the probability of you losing one game increases the more games you play without losing. So if you have in the past lost 1 in 10, by the time you have played 20 you would lose another. Assuming the same 1 in 10 ratio happens again, which in practice wouldn''t. In all probability!! Is that wrong?

[quote user="a1canary"]Lol @ Longy! ??You would be spot on. If there is such a thing as numeric dyslexia, i have it! I just thought that the probability of you losing one game increases the more games you play without losing. So if you have in the past lost 1 in 10, by the time you have played 20 you would lose another. Assuming the same 1 in 10 ratio happens again, which in practice wouldn''t. In all probability!! Is that wrong?[/quote]If it was something based purely on chance, like tossing a coin I''d agree.But football isn''t just about chance or luck, well not most of the time lol.

[quote user="lappinitup"]We are never gonna lose again........[/quote]

So we are not Doomed then Lapp?

Come on lads... and lassies... we almost certainly will lose this season at some point though I certainly hope we don''t of course. I was worried about losing at Walsall so I''m well chuffed that we''ve got the chance of going top on Saturday first. Psychology you see.

OTBC. NMTD.

I am not ruling out losing one or two games, although if we can carry on the winning form I am obviously going ot be very happy. But I think that we are more likely to drop points through draws in the more difficult games.