Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Stiffy_Cutt

An open top bus parade in May

I jolly well hope so as Mr Clegg has just anounced that those blessed blue chaps down the road are already planning an open top dustcart parade if they avoid relegation.

Fair do''s to them, the poor blighters haven''t had much success in the past ten years or so and it will, I''ve no doubt, add a bit of colour to their rather drab little town.

Word has it that they will set off from the Town Hall before a quick tour round the red light district and then onto their ground. With no expense being spent, it appears, there is to be a cup of tea reception (£1.50 for guests) followed by a Lidl sponsored buffet (family and guests £3.50).

The bright Mr Clegg has also said that the parade will be scheduled so as not to clash with Jeremy Kyle, Trisha or Judge Judy so as to allow as many fans as possible to attend.

So come on Delia old girl, lets be havin a Victory in Norfolk day with bunting and street parties. the

Why celebrate when the job is half done? What are we celebrating returning to the bare minimum standard of football we should set ourselves? I don''t want to see any open top buses near the city till we reach the premier league.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="morty"]Lol at people really not getting the joke.[/quote]Well its not an especially funny or original joke really is it?[/quote]I consider it mildly amusing, and the real point of it is to laugh at Ipswich.[:D]

I''m afraid we often lag behind our neighbours in many ways. Where is our ''fancy dress matchday " ? Only last saturday there were almost ten thousand people dressed as Marcus Evans (the invisible man) sat in the stands at Portman Road.

Then there was their splendid wheeze of accepting a couple of games rather than a transfer fee for a player. Can you imagine the nice little earner that will be when they finally play that second game against Lazio.

So come on Delia old girl, get your chap to come up with some Wynning ideas.

I jolly well hope so as Mr Clegg has just anounced that those blessed

blue chaps down the road are already planning an open top dustcart

parade if they avoid relegation.

Fair do''s to them, the poor blighters haven''t had much success in

the past ten years or so and it will, I''ve no doubt, add a bit of

colour to their rather drab little town.

Word has it that they will set off from the Town Hall before a

quick tour round the red light district and then onto their ground.

With no expense being spent, it appears, there is to be a cup of tea

reception (£1.50 for guests) followed by a Lidl sponsored buffet

(family and guests £3.50).

The bright Mr Clegg has also said that the parade will be scheduled

so as not to clash with Jeremy Kyle, Trisha or Judge Judy so as to

allow as many fans as possible to attend.

I understand that  a  certain  gobby  cowling is their guest of honour

I hope we don''t go down that road (literally)

I think if we do, we have lost sight of why we are here in the first place. I understand that in the event of us getting promoted, we have done well but lets not forget why we are here and lets not forget what this excersise is all about. It''s about getting us back where we shouldn''t have fallen from in the first place. It''s about resetting the clock and starting again.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

I hope we don''t go down that road (literally)

I think if we do, we have lost sight of why we are here in the first place. I understand that in the event of us getting promoted, we have done well but lets not forget why we are here and lets not forget what this excersise is all about. It''s about getting us back where we shouldn''t have fallen from in the first place. It''s about resetting the clock and starting again.

[/quote]Are you guys kidding? Do you really believe that our team wouldn''t deserve an open top bus parade? Some of the guys playing for us this year were not even at the club last year and had no hand in our relegation, it would be a travesty if we didn''t have an open top bus parade if we go up this year, the team deserve it for being so good this year!

[quote user="ellis206"] it would be a travesty if we didn''t have an open top bus parade if we go up this year, the team deserve it for being so good this year![/quote]Norwich City - they who beat finished third in the Premiership, beat Bayern Munich on the own patch and competed in the Premiership only 5 years ago - should lay on a parade for promotion back into the Second Division?Glad to see the happy clapping mentality is alive and well.Put the pipe down ellis, FFS.