Sign in to follow this  
Wandsworth Canary

Saints want Lisbie and Barnard

Certainly shows ambition!I''d like to think / hope that if thats all that Barnard would go for that we are showing interest too!

Pardew just realised that he needs to score more with Ots at right back??? [:D]

Taken from Football Transfer Rumours:

20 Jan 2010 09:59:33
Norwich city have had a bid accepted for Southend striker Lee Barnard beating off alleged interest from both Leeds and Southampton.

I know this site is full of bull 99% of the time but lets hope we are at least in the market for him because theres no doubt a player of his ability is certainly worth a punt at the money their talking about. Also we need back up for the horse...........

[quote user="Gazza"]

20 Jan 2010 09:59:33Norwich city have had a bid accepted for Southend striker Lee Barnard beating off alleged interest from both Leeds and Southampton.

I know this site is full of bull 99% of the time but lets hope we are at least in the market for him because theres no doubt a player of his ability is certainly worth a punt at the money their talking about. Also we need back up for the horse...........

[/quote][:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gazza"]

Norwich city have had a bid accepted for Southend striker Lee Barnard beating off alleged interest from both Leeds and Southampton.

[/quote]

[:)]
[/quote]

Couldn''t resist Morty ;0)

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Gazza"]

20 Jan 2010 09:59:33Norwich city have had a bid accepted for Southend striker Lee Barnard beating off alleged interest from both Leeds and Southampton.

[/quote][:)][/quote]

[/quote]I may go start a few more, Leeds are a pretty easy target right now lol.

Didn''t we have Lisbie on loan some time ago where he was very rubbish? Anyone''s welcome to him IMO.

[quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t we have Lisbie on loan some time ago where he was very rubbish? Anyone''s welcome to him IMO.[/quote]We were also pretty rubbish at the time though lol.In the right team I think he could still do well at this level, I''d take him over Cureton!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t we have Lisbie on loan some time ago where he was very rubbish? Anyone''s welcome to him IMO.[/quote]

We were also pretty rubbish at the time though lol.

In the right team I think he could still do well at this level, I''d take him over Cureton!
[/quote]

a) Cureton isn''t in the team therefore doesn''t need replacing..

b) We are looking to only be in this league another 5 months. We need to plan for the future and get players in that can step up a level.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="K Lo"]Didn''t we have Lisbie on loan some time ago where he was very rubbish? Anyone''s welcome to him IMO.[/quote]

In the right team I think he could still do well at this level, I''d take him over Cureton!
[/quote]

b) We are looking to only be in this league another 5 months. We need to plan for the future and get players in that can step up a level.

[/quote]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

Callum, that would be true if they weren''t taken over in the summer and now have a board with money

[/quote]

But they were taken over in the summer and now have a board with money purely because they were in admin. Would that board be in place and would they be spending money now if they hadn''t gone into admin? I don''t think so.

I''m not saying ''administration is good'', nor am I saying it is a road I wish us to go down. I am saying that the punishment for clubs taking this route are nowhere near severe enough. Saints can outbid us (and most other clubs in this division) on any of our targets in this transfer window, should they wish. That is not right.

I think its disgusting that a club can wipe out its debts sending local businesses out of business etc then a few months start spending millions. There should be responsibility to those that were owned thousands if not millions of pounds. How many lifes were ruined by this? They were already relegated so this is a cheap and dishonest way of doing business. Where did Southampton get all this money from if it wasn''t there before?

Sad Little Canary - We didn''t wipe out our debt, every penny owed was paid. We''ve also just

had a planning application approved for a new multimillion pound

training ground, thus helping the economy.  We got the money from being

bought by and having our debts paid off by Marcus Liebherr, a

Swiss/German billionaire/hero, we were well overdue a bit of luck and we''ve definitely got it so stop sulking.

[quote user="ben86"]we were well overdue a bit of luck and we''ve definitely got it so stop sulking.[/quote]Funny how opinions differ depending on what side of the fence you sit on.As a neutral I always thought that once Le Tossier retired it was amazing you managed to survive relegation from the Prem for so long.I''d say you had more than your fair share of luck punching above your weight for so long.

Good for them. Two good players, will fire them into the play offs. Doesn''t bother me in the slightest as we''ll be winning the league.

.....I hope.

[:)][quote user="morty"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I may go start a few more, Leeds are a pretty easy target right now lol.
[/quote]

Have you been bored today Morty? [:)]

[quote user="ben86"]Sad Little Canary - We didn''t wipe out our debt, every penny owed was paid. We''ve also just had a planning application approved for a new multimillion pound training ground, thus helping the economy.  We got the money from being bought by and having our debts paid off by Marcus Liebherr, a Swiss/German billionaire/hero, we were well overdue a bit of luck and we''ve definitely got it so stop sulking.[/quote]

I admit I am not familiar with the technicalities of administration but if the new billionaire/hero paid all debts, then why did they go into admin? That billionaire wouldn''t have bought the club unless they had gone into admin, that''s why. Why buy a club with debts for millions if you can get one with a clean slate for peanuts.

Sorry Ben86, it''s nothing against Southampton (they are my local team), but the system stinks.

Matthias - Our recent history is basically as follows:Rupert Lowe took the club into administration by spunking all our money on nice catering, radio stations and expensive rugby coaches thus running up debts because we sold all of our players to pay for it which got us relegated. We got taken over by a guy with no money, George Burley spent silly money poorly, the money got screwed up more so he had the masterstroke of bringing back Rupert Lowe as chairman, who sells everything some more and sacks nigel pearson to replace him with a dutch conference manager which strangely got us relegated. Run out of money so get put into admin to find a buyer and if one isn''t found to sell everything to pay off the debts. Marcus Liebherr buys the club, pays off all debts and moonwalks on water. And we got a minus ten point deduction for going into admin.He bought us because we cost around £13million, plus around that again in debt paid off. £26 million For a club with premier league infrastructure, a big catchment area, decent history and now a stadium entirely paid for and no debt that''s an absolute bargain.All of the players and training ground improvements are being paid for entirely out of his back pocket and the club is still in zero debt so it''s not making the same mistakes again, he''s just absolutely minted and a generally god like.

Saints want Lisbie and Barnard, I want mac & cheese but it''s late and we don''t always get what we want.

[quote user="ben86"]Matthias - Our recent history is basically as follows:
Rupert Lowe took the club into administration by spunking all our money on nice catering, radio stations and expensive rugby coaches thus running up debts because we sold all of our players to pay for it which got us relegated. We got taken over by a guy with no money, George Burley spent silly money poorly, the money got screwed up more so he had the masterstroke of bringing back Rupert Lowe as chairman, who sells everything some more and sacks nigel pearson to replace him with a dutch conference manager which strangely got us relegated. Run out of money so get put into admin to find a buyer and if one isn''t found to sell everything to pay off the debts. Marcus Liebherr buys the club, pays off all debts and moonwalks on water. And we got a minus ten point deduction for going into admin.
He bought us because we cost around £13million, plus around that again in debt paid off. £26 million For a club with premier league infrastructure, a big catchment area, decent history and now a stadium entirely paid for and no debt that''s an absolute bargain.

All of the players and training ground improvements are being paid for entirely out of his back pocket and the club is still in zero debt so it''s not making the same mistakes again, he''s just absolutely minted and a generally god like.
[/quote]

Okay Ben, thanks for that. However, I still stand by my initial point which was that a ten point deduction is not enough punishment for a club going into admin. Even if Saints didn''t play the system, there are plenty of others who have.

On a seperate note, "a club with premier league infrastructure, a big catchment area, decent history and now a stadium", does that remind anyone of a club that can''t find investment?

Wonder who the third team is?

Southend United turn down two bids for Lee Barnard - but he''s likely to leave

SOUTHEND United have turned down two offers for hot-shot Lee Barnard.

As was revealed in yesterday’s Echo, Southampton were first to bid

for the Shrimpers top goalscorer when they tabled an £150,000 offer.

And Leeds United have now also officially entered the race by bidding £175,000 for the striker.

But those two offers have been rejected by Blues chairman Ron Martin “The club has received offers from two clubs, “confirmed Martin.

“Both of which have been refused.”

The Shrimpers surpremo insisted he was still keen to keep Barnard at Roots Hall but he was also wary of losing the striker on a free transfer at the end of

the season.

Southend have offered the 25-year-old a new deal but Martin believes Barnard – who has been made aware of the bids by manager Steve Tilson

– now has no interest in staying. “Of course the club doesn’t want to

sell Lee but clearly he will not sign a new contract and I am told he

will walk at the end of the season,” said Martin.

“In the meantime, because the player recognises that he might

double or even treble his wages at the clubs that have enquired, it

would be difficult for the manager to keep him motivated when the

player has at least one eye on leaving and potentially at a higher

level.

“There has been interest from two League One clubs over the past

few days with a third club, again in League One, making enquiries

yesterday.

“All these clubs are vying for promotion and are formally of at least Championship status.”

The third club interested in Barnard have not yet tabled on offer

but it does seem certain the striker will leave – possibly even before

this weekend’s clash with Wycombe Wanderers.

“We’re between a rock and a hard place,” added Martin.

“However, for the moment no decision has been made and whatever

decision the manager and board comes to, it will serve the best

interests of the club.”

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Good for them. Two good players, will fire them into the play offs. Doesn''t bother me in the slightest as we''ll be winning the league.

.....I hope.
[/quote]

Lisbie and Semmy to score against on on 20th Feb ? I hope not but ......  Lisbie is a decent player especially at this level. He didn''t adapt to the mud last Staurday but in normal conditions he''s pacey striker who scores goals. Personally, now that we have played Colchester home and away I would have been pleased to see him stay there rather than have another chance of settling old scores with us.