Sign in to follow this  
paul ncfc

Tenpole looking for a loan move

Page last updated at 17:32 GMT, Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Norwich''s Owain Tudur Jones eyes up loan switch

Owain Tudur Jones

Tudur Jones made his Wales debut against Luxembourg in March 2008

Norwich midfielder Owain Tudur Jones admits he needs to go out on loan if he wants to get back into the first team.

The

Wales international, 25, was signed by former boss Bryan Gunn in the

summer from Swansea but has been hampered with calf and groin injuries.

Jones has played five times for the Canaries, scoring once.

"I''m

fully fit now and raring to go but I need some first team games under

my belt so I can play a part here this season," he said.

"It

won''t be easy dislodging the current team as they are doing so well so

I need some games to give myself a chance because we have a lot of very

good midfielders at the club.

"The boys have performed

brilliantly and while I am delighted for them and the club, I am

disappointed I haven''t played a larger part in the success."

Jones says he has agreed with boss Paul Lambert that he can go out on a short-term loan.

I think it''s a good move. End of season with a recall clause.

Would allow him to play and get back into the swing of things and used to playing regularly again.

Then if Russell get crocked we can always bring him back.

Davo

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i honestly thought we''d released him! I expect Rhoys wiggins is sick of cleaning the bogs at colney too.[/quote]Wiggins will get his chance if Drury gets injured. He is a decent player and great to have as back-up. OTJ has been unlucky (again) with injuries and I think he was ahead of Gill for a while. Not sure why Gunny loved Centre Mids so much, especially when he was going to play 4-4-2.

I didn''t think OTJ looked too bad in the games he played either. Think it''s a good move for him and City as long as the callback clause is in effect. He needs to get match fit and we may need someone to step up through injury and I''m not sure whether I''d choose Adeyemi or Gill in the holding role.

[quote user="coops"]An awful player, Loan him out????? Just get rid of him and reduce the wage bill.[/quote]Have you seen much of him playing?

Makes sense to let him go on loan & get some match practice, with a 24 hour recall in case NCFC get some injuries.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]I didn''t think OTJ looked too bad in the games he played either. Think it''s a good move for him and City as long as the callback clause is in effect. He needs to get match fit and we may need someone to step up through injury and I''m not sure whether I''d choose Adeyemi or Gill in the holding role.[/quote]

Totally agree about OTJ, I liked what I saw of him

I agree that OTJ hasn''t really had a chance to show what he can contribute. Most of his games were in a struggling side after Gunn''s departure and I''d like to see what he can do in the holding role if Rusty gets injured or suspended. His height would be particularly useful for set pieces and, like others, I respect John Toshack''s view of him.

this is the poor mans carl robinson passes side ways and backwards cant tackle one of gunnys poorer signings heard hes off to newport county the sooner the better

[quote user="coops"]An awful player[/quote]So was Nelson according to most of the doom mongers on here a few weeks back. Then Askou gets injured. 5 wins and 4 clean sheets later, they start to look rather silly don''t they?Out of interest, how many matches have you attended this season in total and how many times have you seen Tudor-Jones play?

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]this is the poor mans carl robinson passes side ways and backwards cant tackle one of gunnys poorer signings heard hes off to newport county the sooner the better[/quote]Obviously too much to ask someone from Bungay to use punctuation. I don''t think he''s a bad signing, far from it. I thought he did the unsung things well; namely breaking up play, holding up the ball and allowing others to get forward. What he needed was to improve his fitness, pass better and impose himself on the game a bit more. I think with Russell now commanding the defensive midfielder position and clearly Gill as favoured understudy with Hughes in place to offer a bit of a different player if needed, he''s well down the pecking order. Best of luck, OTJ, I hope you can find a good standard of club and come back fit and able to push Rusty even harder.

I think there were signs that OTJ has got some decent stuff in his locker but when he has played this season he''s never done enough. He''s never really busted a gut to make things happen.

Unlikely to threaten our first team selection at the moment but it is a squad game.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Obviously too much to ask someone from Bungay to use punctuation. [/quote]You could have got the snipe in and stayed on topic.With one big shout

They all cry out

Who schooled Bungay? Who schooled Bungayyyyyyyyyyy?

My gut instinct is that it won''t work out for him here.

He''s a long way down the pecking order and the only way that will change is if we don''t get promoted and have to offload rusty/wes and maybe more. Even then I imagine korey/gill/Hughes/adeyemi will be tough to displace in a 442.

When I saw him at the start of the season I felt he had potential but was, well tentative, and didn''t seem to really commit himself in the tackle and impose himself.

Maybe he can become the player we hope, Im just not sure he''ll get enough games to prove it.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]My gut instinct is that it won''t work out for him here.

He''s a long way down the pecking order and the only way that will change is if we don''t get promoted and have to offload rusty/wes and maybe more. Even then I imagine korey/gill/Hughes/adeyemi will be tough to displace in a 442.

When I saw him at the start of the season I felt he had potential but was, well tentative, and didn''t seem to really commit himself in the tackle and impose himself.

Maybe he can become the player we hope, Im just not sure he''ll get enough games to prove it.[/quote]I think he''s the sort of player that if could get over his injury problems he could turn out okay.I haven''t seen enough of him to make any opinion on his abilities, so its slightly unfair to write him off just yet.A loan would do him good.

[quote user="Davo"]I think it''s a good move. End of season with a recall clause. Would allow him to play and get back into the swing of things and used to playing regularly again. Then if Russell get crocked we can always bring him back. Davo[/quote]

Davo i think the unfortunate reality of it is that OTJ is more likely to get crocked than Russell.History as far as OTJ is concerned over the last three or four years shows that to be the case

Lambert clearly wants athletic, mobile midfielders who can get about the pitch and give 100% for 90 mins and that is why Russell, Smith and to an extent Lappin are in the team and OTJ (who is about as mobile as a ferry) is not.

He might be a good player in a long ball team where the ball is in the air for long periods but he does not fit into our system as a midfielder. You might be able to convert him to centre half but having seen his defending in the box against Sunderland, I don''t hold much hope.