Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Beckford Withdraws Transfer Request

Anyone else feel that Beckford is probably disappointed that no Premier League team came in for him, and so is just waiting until his contract expires at the end of the season, so he can get a bigger signing on fee.

Beckford was said to be very disappointed when Paul Lambert told him, ''sorry, there is just not a position for you in my team.''

And his transfer request was withdrawn.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Beckford was said to be very disappointed when Paul Lambert told him, ''sorry, there is just not a position for you in my team.''

[/quote]

We should start spreading the rumour around the Leeds board.

As a Leeds fan I''d have to sat its good news, if just to settle the team down again, we''ve been beyond woeful the last 2 matches and were fortunate to only get beaten by 2 yesterday...

Your result didn''t help my mood at all but hopefully it will give the team a kick up the ass - the last time we lost, we scored 16 goals in the next 5 games. Unfortunately our cup games are beginning to get in the way, not playing next week leaves the door open for you lot but as we''ve seen so many times before, the pressure of being chased is very different...

One thing i will say is that the chances of any team getting more points than Norwich or Leeds between now and May is very, very slim

The next 2-3 games in the league are so important for you, if the rot sets in that long, then you will get really twitchy. Win the next 2-3 games, we will get twitchy, saying that, we have to keep the winning run going.

Beckford''s cheap shot withdrawal method, has probably put a dutch cap on his transfer fee - and condomed him to playing at least another 6 more months in the 1st Division....He''s just a ''Johnny come lately''....

Whatever is football coming to?

[quote user="EYEBALL119"]One thing i will say is that the chances of any team getting more points than Norwich or Leeds between now and May is very, very slim[/quote]Wow, nice to get a different Leeds fan point of view, rather than the panicing gimp that is spainboy who needs to come on here and by the looks of things convince himself that Leeds are still going to walk it and Norwich will blow up!I agree, and if we both keep playing well we can both do each other favours. If we both beat Col U, Charlton, Huddersfeild and swindon then we will both be flying and then we can just have a ''cup final'' when you lot come to carrow road for title knowing that we are both going up! Im not fussed by Beckford staying, and I doubt many City fans will mind much when he scores the 94th minute winner against Charlton, to put Norwich and Leeds clear in the top 2 [;)]

Well Grayson better pull his finger out because we have already strengthened and pretty much look the complete package; Russel Martin (solid RB to replace the extremely dodgy Semmy), Zak Whitbread to bolster the centre of defence, Oli Johnson (judging from his workrate and finishing will be one hell of a shrewd acquistion) and Macnamee a highly rated speedy winger who can deliver quality crosses but can''t get in the side yet. We also seem to be pretty good at revenge missions and we certainly owe you one.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]Brilliant Wazzock.I think Lamberts exact words were "THERE''S ONLY ONE GRANT HOLT!!!"

Bit OT: Theres a leeds fan who drinks at the pub I work at, so today I said to him "how many points behind you now? 3 is it? it only seems like last week you where boastin bout being 8 points ahead oh wait IT WAS!!"

Well I found it funny and i thought you all would too.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Bit annoying.

But if he carries on finishing like his header yesterday then I''m fine with it!

[/quote]

think this is just a mutually agreeable morale booster for their fac cup match

and i reckon he''ll still leave afterwards

Beckford or no Beckford, Leeds are now very catchable and I beleive we''ll do it then go on to take the title.

I''d agree with dhickl here, Beckford is biding his time so that he can take the slice of the cake that Ken Bates probably wanted in January.  Bosmans are more likely to get a bigger signing on fee if a club can avoid paying a million up front for a player in January - I think it''s one of the reasons why January windows tend to be a lot quieter than summer ones.As for Leeds and us, who knows ? Could be that Charlton and Colchester end up top.  There''s a long way to go.

[quote user="book end"]Well Grayson better pull his finger out because we have already strengthened and pretty much look the complete package; Russel Martin (solid RB to replace the extremely dodgy Semmy), Zak Whitbread to bolster the centre of defence, Oli Johnson (judging from his workrate and finishing will be one hell of a shrewd acquistion) and Macnamee a highly rated speedy winger who can deliver quality crosses but can''t get in the side yet. We also seem to be pretty good at revenge missions and we certainly owe you one.[/quote]

Grayson knows what he is doing. Someone like Whitbread wouldnt get into our back 4 anyway so im expecting 2 or 3 very good signings for this league.

watch this space.

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="book end"]Well Grayson better pull his finger out because we have already strengthened and pretty much look the complete package; Russel Martin (solid RB to replace the extremely dodgy Semmy), Zak Whitbread to bolster the centre of defence, Oli Johnson (judging from his workrate and finishing will be one hell of a shrewd acquistion) and Macnamee a highly rated speedy winger who can deliver quality crosses but can''t get in the side yet. We also seem to be pretty good at revenge missions and we certainly owe you one.[/quote]

Grayson knows what he is doing. Someone like Whitbread wouldnt get into our back 4 anyway so im expecting 2 or 3 very good signings for this league.

watch this space.[/quote]Hahahahahahaha.I think its time for your medication.

There is not one of your players I would swap for any of ours.

Beckford,Kilkenny,Snodgrass,Howson,Johnson,Kisnorbo,Higgs(goalie),Becchio would break into your first team np.

Hoolahan is the only real quality player you have that would definately cut the league above and would get into our team.

[quote user="spainboy"]There is not one of your players I would swap for any of ours. Beckford,Kilkenny,Snodgrass,Howson,Johnson,Kisnorbo,Higgs(goalie),Becchio would break into your first team np. Hoolahan is the only real quality player you have that would definately cut the league above and would get into our team.[/quote]

Well if this is true perhaps it''s a better manager that you need then? Are you refusing to look at the form league for the last couple of months or can you simply not read/count? Even if not you must have noticed that we''ve gained 8 points on you in a short space of time.

So, assuming you stand by this post, which is it? Are you illiterate or stupid? Or do you just need a better manager?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

So, assuming you stand by this post, which is it? Are you illiterate or stupid? Or do you just need a better manager?

[/quote]As he''s still trying to convince us that Leeds are "considerably better than YOW !" despite recent evidence to the contrary, I can only assume that stupid it is.  It doesn''t matter what anyone thinks in this forum, the results (obviously) will determine what happens and who gets promoted no matter how many times spainboy tells us how good Leeds are.  But he still doesn''t get it.

[quote user="cufcone"]God i really hope you lot overtake Leeds,arrogant to**ers......[/quote]I really hope you lot overtake them too.  And then I hope they get beaten in the play-off final by ''Uddersfield.  That''ll learn ''em.

[quote user="spainboy"]There is not one of your players I would swap for any of ours.

Beckford,Kilkenny,Snodgrass,Howson,Johnson,Kisnorbo,Higgs(goalie),Becchio would break into your first team np.

Hoolahan is the only real quality player you have that would definately cut the league above and would get into our team.[/quote]You think Beckford and Snodgrass would get into our first team "no problem"? Remind me how many more goals we''ve scored than you - 21 is it? They might be decent players but I bet Lambert would think twice about changing up a front three thats scored over 50 goals in just over half a season...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="spainboy"]There is not one of your players I would swap for any of ours.

Hoolahan is the only real quality player you have that would definately cut the league above and would get into our team.[/quote]You think Beckford and Snodgrass would get into our first team "no problem"? Remind me how many more goals we''ve scored than you - 21 is it? They might be decent players but I bet Lambert would think twice about changing up a front three thats scored over 50 goals in just over half a season...[/quote]Apparently its only 13 goals more (not sure where I got 21 from), but the point still stands...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="I.S."][quote user="spainboy"]There is not one of your players I would swap for any of ours. Beckford,Kilkenny,Snodgrass,Howson,Johnson,Kisnorbo,Higgs(goalie),Becchio would break into your first team np. Hoolahan is the only real quality player you have that would definately cut the league above and would get into our team.[/quote]

You think Beckford and Snodgrass would get into our first team "no problem"? Remind me how many more goals we''ve scored than you - 21 is it? They might be decent players but I bet Lambert would think twice about changing up a front three thats scored over 50 goals in just over half a season...
[/quote]

Apparently its only 13 goals more (not sure where I got 21 from), but the point still stands...
[/quote]

You have made the same point as me in a round about way, Why on earth should we be bothered about Beckford anyway, he''s vastly overated hence he''s still at leeds, no one wants to pay the money that he thinks he''s worth, he would''nt get into our team, or perhaps he could take Curetons place in the canteen   

This is bad news, because if Leeds lost Beckford I doubt they would have had a chance of winning the league.

But now I think that they could possibly do it :)

Oh no. Newcastle drew at home with WBA 2-2 who got beat at home by Nottm Forest 1-3. Does that mean Newcastle are not going to get promoted or does that mean Forest are the best in the division????''????

[quote user="spainboy"]Oh no. Newcastle drew at home with WBA 2-2 who got beat at home by Nottm Forest 1-3. Does that mean Newcastle are not going to get promoted or does that mean Forest are the best in the division????''????[/quote]Rearrange these words:Straws. At. Clutching.Considering your past record, I''m surprised you''re not keeping schtum until May. If you''ve managed to scrape the league, THEN is the time to come out of the woodwork. Right now I wouldn''t be feeling too confident if I was you.

[quote user="spainboy"]Oh no. Newcastle drew at home with WBA 2-2 who got beat at home by Nottm Forest 1-3. Does that mean Newcastle are not going to get promoted or does that mean Forest are the best in the division????''????[/quote]Forrest might very well be the best in the divison... and if they win the league we will know! One thing I would like to know is, does it hurt to see a team come down and  look like they are going straight up on the first attempt... i bet that hurts right? Everytime you come on here spainboy you just look even more scared and its like you are trying to comfort yourself by calling names. Come saturday we will be top, and by the end of the season we will be in the top 2...... which considering the headstart you guys got and the turmoil that we faced at the start of the season only goes to prove how far we have come and how much you have already blown it! 

Highly confident thankyou. Its you that has Charlton and Colchester on your tails not us. We are 3 points clear AND a game in hand.

I think anyone in this league would rather swap league places with us rather than you and you know it.

Get over it and accept you are the second best team in this division