Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Beckford Withdraws Transfer Request

I think damage is already done.I''m sure he still plans to leave in the summer, this in no way proves any loyalty to Leeds, more that he didn''t stir up the interest that him or his agent desired.

Grayson is still going to strengthen. Dont be surprised if Leeds now go for Hooper of Lee bernard. He has always said he wants another striker when Vokes went back to Wolves.

But then what does that matter cos you reckon you will overtake leeds anyway and cruise the title.

Oh how we laughed. Remind me what moneth you were above leeds already this season?

[quote user="spainboy"]Grayson is still going to strengthen. Dont be surprised if Leeds now go for Hooper of Lee bernard. He has always said he wants another striker when Vokes went back to Wolves.

But then what does that matter cos you reckon you will overtake leeds anyway and cruise the title.

Oh how we laughed. Remind me what moneth you were above leeds already this season?[/quote]Remind how far ahead of us you were?Only 3 points now...

You really wanna know painboy?

League form:

Jan 2010

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/january.html

1st Norwich

13th Leeds

Nov 2009

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/november.html

3rd Norwich

5th Leeds

Oct 2009

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/october.html

3rd Norwich

5th Leeds

You asked which month we were above you, there''s the 3 above, and one just happens to be the most important, i.e. THIS MONTH!

No wonder everyone hates cheating Leeds.

[quote user="spainboy"]Grayson is still going to strengthen. Dont be surprised if Leeds now go for Hooper of Lee bernard. He has always said he wants another striker when Vokes went back to Wolves. But then what does that matter cos you reckon you will overtake leeds anyway and cruise the title. Oh how we laughed. Remind me what moneth you were above leeds already this season?[/quote]

I would remind you but sadly I don''t know what a moneth is?

You know we''re gonna get you!!!

[quote user="spainboy"]Grayson is still going to strengthen. Dont be surprised if Leeds now go for Hooper of Lee bernard. He has always said he wants another striker when Vokes went back to Wolves.

Oh how we laughed. Remind me what moneth you were above leeds already this season?[/quote]Hey Gimp we''ve taken 5 points off your lead over the last six league games alone. That big lead has disappeared and it''s down to just three points at the moment. There''s every chance that by 5pm saturday Leeds will have thrown away that big lead and we will be sitting top of the table. Sure you''ll have games in hand but you are already faltering again. It was spelled out to you and your similarly egotistical fans that teams like Exeter away are tricky matches, look what happened there just a week after we rolled them over. If I were a Leeds fan I would be very worried now when I see Norwich coming up behind like a train, scoring freely and closely followed by Charlton who just like us closed a gap of two points on Leeds simply by beating relegation strugglers Wycombe.Champions? There''s just as much likelihood of you finishing third or fourth now when you look at your recent form and fixture list.Form guide.

PosNamePWDLFAGDPTS

Norwich City

Swindon Town

Charlton

Colchester

640279-212

Leeds United

Brentford

Tranmere

Carlisle

Huddersfield

MK Dons

Southampton

Brighton

Millwall

6222911-28

Walsall

Exeter City

621369-37

Hartlepool

6213913-47

Yeovil Town

Southend

620479-26

Bristol Rovers

620469-36

Leyton Orient

6123910-15

Gillingham

612368-25

Oldham

6114511-64

Wycombe

6024615-92

Stockport

6006617-110

ps From anywhere outside leeds it appears quite obvious that either beckford is overvaluing  himself, or Leeds are crapping themselves and have probably offered him a little sweetener to remain until the end of the season. Either way it is patently obvious that even in the mad, mad world of football transfer finance, for the second transfer window in a row nobody seems to think Beckford is worth buying.

[quote user="Buckethead"]ps From anywhere outside leeds it appears quite obvious that either beckford is overvaluing  himself, or Leeds are crapping themselves and have probably offered him a little sweetener to remain until the end of the season. Either way it is patently obvious that even in the mad, mad world of football transfer finance, for the second transfer window in a row nobody seems to think Beckford is worth buying.[/quote]He won''t listen you know lol.

After you beat us (luckily) you had a 11 point lead on us with one game in hand.Since then we''ve cut that down by 8 points.And your game in hand is away at Swindon, not going to be easy at all.

What are you giving me all this current form guff for. Im the first to admit Leeds slipped on 2 games. What makes you think you wont. No one knows what the future holds. After beating man utd convincingly we played poor against 2 crap teams. there is no guarantee you will win the next 3 games. We are still top current form or not. this is what the jan window is all about, to freshen things up. Leeds need 32 points to pretty much get promoted and that is mid tabel form.

As i have said before when leeds go on a 5 or 6 game bad run then you can go on about it but you won the last 2 and we lost one and drew one. Its so obvious it was a mixture of a man utd hangover and the beckford saga that has now been rested.

Brag when you are top and not before. If and buts and current for means nothing til you are actually sitting in pole position.!!!

[quote user="spainboy"]What are you giving me all this current form guff for. Im the first to admit Leeds slipped on 2 games. What makes you think you wont. No one knows what the future holds. After beating man utd convincingly we played poor against 2 crap teams. there is no guarantee you will win the next 3 games. We are still top current form or not. this is what the jan window is all about, to freshen things up. Leeds need 32 points to pretty much get promoted and that is mid tabel form.

As i have said before when leeds go on a 5 or 6 game bad run then you can go on about it but you won the last 2 and we lost one and drew one. Its so obvious it was a mixture of a man utd hangover and the beckford saga that has now been rested.

Brag when you are top and not before. If and buts and current for means nothing til you are actually sitting in pole position.!!![/quote]We shall do what we like on this NORWICH CITY MESSAGE BOARD.Everyone thinks you are a tit mate, why don''t you just go away?Or go and cosy up to your mates on the Charlton boards maybe.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]
And your game in hand is away at Swindon, not going to be easy at all.
[/quote]

Thanks for that Mr. Bump, Swindon are flying at the moment, second in current form just behind.....guess who?

Ignoring our friend from Leeds for a second...I cant work out if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Clearly he wants away, will he put his foot into every tackle and give 100% for the cause? At the same time hes in the shop window, and hes surely going to want to score as many goals as possible to secure the best contract he can. Fingers crossed there will be lots of transfer speculation around him between now and the end of the season.

Please shut up spainboy, ur making the rest of us sound like cunts.

Nothin will change, becks will still bang in goals at home a disappear away. he just wont be with us next season.

heres to a close run in

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Ignoring our friend from Leeds for a second...I cant work out if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Clearly he wants away, will he put his foot into every tackle and give 100% for the cause? At the same time hes in the shop window, and hes surely going to want to score as many goals as possible to secure the best contract he can. Fingers crossed there will be lots of transfer speculation around him between now and the end of the season.[/quote]Like I said in an earlier post, this in no way says anything about his commitment to Leeds. It is clear that the recent speculation has affected not only his, but the whole team''s form.I don''t expect Leeds to all of a sudden start winning again just because of todays announcement.

Personally all I care about is us getting promoted and getting out of this division. There are loads of games left and so many points yet to play for so anything could happen, especially because Norwich, Charlton and Leeds have still to play each other again. So neither Leeds, Charlton nor ourselves can take anything for granted. The top three have now opened a gap but it would do my nerves the world of good if Norwich and another team (I don''t give a monkey''s uncle whether it''s Leeds or Charlton) could jettison the third.

Current form this and current form that. Leeds were in the top 3 in current form table from September til end of December.

Leeds will be promoted automatically in confident of that.

[quote user="spainboy"]Grayson is still going to strengthen. Dont be surprised if Leeds now go for Hooper of Lee bernard. He has always said he wants another striker when Vokes went back to Wolves. But then what does that matter cos you reckon you will overtake leeds anyway and cruise the title. Oh how we laughed. Remind me what moneth you were above leeds already this season?[/quote]

Remind me why you feel the need to frequent this board? Shouldn''t you be out walking yer whippet?

Trot on....

just had a quick look on the leeds message board, made me raise a smile. Quotes along the lines of

"Obviously, I''m happy about this, and I''m glad he has credited the fans for this. He has re-gained a fair bit of my respect. He does seem to avoid the area of his long-term future, and beyond this season. Either way though, it is his choice now, he has honoured his contract, he paid due respect to the club, and has earned my eternal respect and gratitude"

I have not defended Beckford''s stance because I admire him - I''d have done that anyway, especially as no-one ever knows the truth behind any story. Having said that, I am an admirer and I am chuffed to bits he''s staying. That means there is a real possibility of him re-negotiating his contract if we are, as expected, successful in this campaign.

I''ve been very amused by the whole scenario and the damage has already been done. Hes nowhere near as good as he thinks and as mentioned its no surprise that no clubs are willing to cough up to buy him.

They also seem quite concerned about yesterdays performance but dont seem to mention any concerns about us or charlton. Nevermind, we''ll continue going about our business, racking up the wins and i''m sure we''re going up this season. Another fantastic result for the yellows yesterday. Well done boys and well done Lambert and the coaching staff. OTBC

Quite annoying yes, but we can easily still catch them with him still there. But we just have to stay focused, and make sure 2nd place is assured. Dont worry about Leeds, just hope they drop points.

He will probably pocket a nice little extra wages till the end of the season. In my opinion, there are 2 schools of thoughts with him, one being that he will work his nuts off and score as many as he can so he can get a better deal/club and the other being that he knows even if he plays shite, he can play for a top Chump/low Prem team, so he may not want to ''bust a gut'' and get injured. Dunno, maybe he can get his legs done in, in the next home game.

[quote user="spainboy"]What are you giving me all this current form guff for. Im the first to admit Leeds slipped on 2 games. What makes you think you wont. No one knows what the future holds. After beating man utd convincingly we played poor against 2 crap teams. there is no guarantee you will win the next 3 games. We are still top current form or not. this is what the jan window is all about, to freshen things up. Leeds need 32 points to pretty much get promoted and that is mid tabel form.

Brag when you are top and not before. If and buts and current for means nothing til you are actually sitting in pole position.!!![/quote]I think Leeds probably will win the Third Division spainboy but don''t forget it''s not just a Leeds v Norwich race for the title. Charlton are right up there in the mix and even though they got hammered yesterday Colchester might even sneak in there somewhere along with one or two others.Of course we''re not going to win all our games - nobody does - but even if you''re not sweating there must be plenty of Leeds fans who are now that their big lead has been cut back. Fans of any team would, us included.

Law of averages says Norwich will slip up somewhere, but right now we have 3 personnel scoring for fun and topping the ratings. Providing we successfully retain all key players during this window we will gain automatic promotion.

I believe we are better geared to do it than Leeds who clearly have an unsettled player amongst them. We have additional firepower too; McNamee, Johnson & McDonald. (not counting Cureton & McVeigh who are likely to be shipped out?).

With Beckford the damage is done - he can''t simply erase his actions and pretend nothing happened can he?

The balance of power is shifting to us in the ''Far East'' methinks?

Spainboy, i think we''re all quoting current form as it''s relevant.

I didnt beleive you could be caught a few months back, but now its game on as far as we''re all concerned, at the same time i''m still checking the points for 6th place as i know any team could easily go on the slip for a month or so.

Now howabout you try being honest and admit that you''re on here cause you''re worried about us. At the end of the day we''re both after the top 2 spots, winning the league really means very little to me, it''s all about promotion.