Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Skysports reckon Forster could be on the move this Jan....

As it says in the title really, everyone knows many Prem teams have an eye on Forster but SS reckon someone could move before the end of the window...Personally I think he will stay here, but if someone puts a decent offer on the table, Newc might not baulk at it....http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5875888,00.html

On a brighter note, Lisbie says he is open to moving to So''ton, so thats Colwho out of the running...high five anyone?http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5876017,00.html

[quote user="morty"]He is on loan until the end of the season, I don''t think he can be sold.
[/quote]

It all depends on whether Newcastle have a recall clause as part of deal. If they do theres nothing we could do to keep him.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]

[quote user="morty"]He is on loan until the end of the season, I don''t think he can be sold.[/quote]

It all depends on whether Newcastle have a recall clause as part of deal. If they do theres nothing we could do to keep him.

[/quote]I assumed that when you sign a player on loan, you sign a contract, either with or without clauses.Lambert said he is here for the rest of the season, so thats good enough for me, with the absence of any other confirmed facts.

Please explain to me this:

Jamie O''hara is stuck because he has played for spurs and pompey this season and (in the words of the press) "FIFA rules state you cannot play for more than 2 clubs in a season".

Fraser has been on loan at Bristol Rovers and us this season. So why does the "2 clubs" rule not apply to him?

he hasn''t played for Newcastle?

and was it this season he was at Bristol? seems strange if it was, he wouldn''t have been there long...

[quote user="Grotty"]

Jamie O''hara is stuck because he has played for spurs and pompey this season and (in the words of the press) "FIFA rules state you cannot play for more than 2 clubs in a season".

Fraser has been on loan at Bristol Rovers and us this season. So why does the "2 clubs" rule not apply to him?

[/quote]

because he didnt play for Brizzol i dont think.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Grotty"]

[/quote]

because he didnt play for Brizzol i dont think.

[/quote]No he did play for Bristol Rovers this season, he was on loan there for a month.

[quote user="Grotty"]

[/quote]

He could be bought but not register and have to wait until next season to actually play. Not that I think any of the clubs mentioned would be playing him anytime soon. Regardless of all this he is on loan to us for the rest of the season and unless Newcastle have a recall clause he cannot be sold to another club. They could of course agree a fee for the summer.

To be honest I think this is all just paper talk. Arsenal have been linked to loads of ''keepers as have Tottenham. If someone has one good game in goal suddenly Arsenal or Tottenham want them. Basically there is little real transfer news out there so websites and papers will make something up to try and drum up interest.

[quote]If someone has one good game in goal suddenly Arsenal or Tottenham want

them. Basically there is little real transfer news out there so

websites and papers will make something up to try and drum up interest.[/quote]Absolutely - another £150 for Camuldonum probably.

This is an old story that seems to have resurfaced, Lambert has already confirmed that Newcastle have reasured him that he isn''t going to be sold and will remain with us on loan.Unless Tottenham or Arsenal are going to allow his loan to continue should they buy him, in which case they would still have to have words with the FA to try and get round some red tape - and then the terms of the loan may be changed etc.Because of all those complications I very much doubt they will bother putting in a bid now when he really needs the experience and they themselves may wish to loan him out anyway - it seems to be Wengers system anyway with his younger players.

just got this off ssn site!

Stoke resume James talks

Last updated: 21st January 2010  

Stoke resume James talks

James: Stoke target

Sky Sports News understands Stoke and Portsmouth are once again discussing a possible loan move for David James.

The Potters were hopeful of bringing in the England international goalkeeper earlier this month but later pulled out of a deal.

It emerged they were unhappy at being asked to pay all of James'' wages, with Pompey keen to ease their financial concerns.

However, the switch could now be back on as the two clubs have decided to resume talks.

"Its reared it''s head again, but we''ll have to wait and see what comes of it," Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]If someone has one good game in goal suddenly Arsenal or Tottenham want them. Basically there is little real transfer news out there so websites and papers will make something up to try and drum up interest.[/quote]

Absolutely - another £150 for Camuldonum probably.
[/quote]

I think Blahx3 that he would not bother to get out of bed for less than £500.With all his income £150 is small potatoes.