Sign in to follow this  
Jak G

Millwall Away?

What''s it actually like is it that bad or is it just the same as other away games.

I''ve heard a few bad stories about traveling but I think their mostly abit of bull and exageration. Would you feel safe wearing your shirt around the stadium? just wondering planning on making the trip as I live near but might wait for the brighton game as I can get home tickets there.

Any views would be much appreciated

Its not that bad. If we''ve won I would cover up my colours outside the ground and on the train back to London Bridge but its nothing like visits to Millwall used to be. If you go on the train there is a separate walkway for away fans to and from the station so you don''t really mix with the home fans until you get back to the platform.

Decent day out, as is Brighton if you can get a ticket!

Its got nothing to do with wearing colours.

If you go down there mouthing off and looking for a punch up they will oblige you. No different to Prince Of Wales road on a weekend.

They got a bad reputation from the 70s and 80s but there are still the odds who will come out for a big reputation team.

You will be fine, scarf or no scarf.......dont believe all the guff in the papers.

To be honest Tottenham are the worst in London anyway.

I went to Millwall about 6 seasons back.  All the noise from their end came from a group of kids who all seemed under 16.  And they were more interested in giving the lino grief.

Not that I have much experience, but If you just keep your head down and shut up, you''ll be fine, or so I hope when I go there [:)]

I live a mile from the den and I''ve never really seen any trouble, additionally having worked in a pub frequented by many millwall fans I can tell you most of them are normal decent people, you get your fair share of dickheads but so does every club. As has been said repeatedly on these boards unless you''re a west ham, leeds or cardiff fan then you are no more likley to see any trouble than at any other away day, particularly if you don''t go looking for any. I will be there, wearing colours and possibly a Spanish flag...........

[quote user="yellow blood"]

I will be there, wearing colours and possibly a Spanish flag...........

Why do you call Simon Lappin King of Spain?

[/quote]

"He looks Spanish" of course!!! It really has no basis in reality just thought that the guy deserved a song to acknowledge his dedication to the club after all the shit thrown at him by rodent. Also you may remember a few years back that Ashley Giles the Warwickshire and England spinner was nicknamed the king of spain after a humorous typo on some mugs sold in Warwickshire''s club shop (they should have read; "Ashley Giles, king of spin"), so i''m kind of ripping that of ever so slightly! In case you haven''t heard it yet the song to the tune of London Bridge is falling down is:

"Simon lappin king of spain, king of spain, king of spain, Simon Lappin king of spain, he looks spanish" and repeat.