Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

FAO SMUDGER

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Cody needs a period of regular matches like Chris Martin. So if we did sign an experienced striker like Barnard then it would be ideal for McDonald to go on loan.

[/quote]

Agreed. Cody is still very raw, and that situation won''t improve via a series of cameos. He needs to go out on loan to a League Two side to see if he really can cut it in pro football. I agree with Smudge about Barnard, but I wonder if the compromise solution might be to get shot of Cureton, loan Cody and then get in a pacy winger with a good goalscoring record like Adomah?

[/quote]

Would prefer Crewe''s Joel Garnt to Adomah.  Think he would be cheaper and I believe that he has scored 8 goals so far in his first season.

I agree that a pacy winger should probably be our next target though.  That would offer us a plan B to our Diamond formation and add real balance to an alternative style of play.
[/quote]

I agree that we need a pacy right winger in the squad

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''ve read some good posts lately from Smudger, he is back in the fray and clearly his heart is with Norwich City. Sorry he missed the game.[/quote]

Why anyone ever thought his heart wasn''t with the team is beyond me. Seemed pretty obvious.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Cody needs a period of regular matches like Chris Martin. So if we did sign an experienced striker like Barnard then it would be ideal for McDonald to go on loan.

[/quote]

Agreed. Cody is still very raw, and that situation won''t improve via a series of cameos. He needs to go out on loan to a League Two side to see if he really can cut it in pro football. I agree with Smudge about Barnard, but I wonder if the compromise solution might be to get shot of Cureton, loan Cody and then get in a pacy winger with a good goalscoring record like Adomah?

[/quote]Would prefer Crewe''s Joel Garnt to Adomah.  Think he would be cheaper and I believe that he has scored 8 goals so far in his first season.I agree that a pacy winger should probably be our next target though.  That would offer us a plan B to our Diamond formation and add real balance to an alternative style of play.[/quote]

[url]http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-a81af6e972c0c9218c62e3e0370e34ab.html[/url]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Would prefer Crewe''s Joel Garnt to Adomah.  Think he would be cheaper and I believe that he has scored 8 goals so far in his first season.I agree that a pacy winger should probably be our next target though.  That would offer us a plan B to our Diamond formation and add real balance to an alternative style of play.[/quote]

I agree that we need a pacy right winger in the squad

[/quote]Not sure if it matters whether he is a right or a left winger Tangy, as McNamee can play down either side.As long as he is pacy, can score and create a few goals and adds to the quality and variation of our squad then I''m not so bothered about what foot he prefers using.  Although I would admit that we probably have less width down the right than the left.PS -  Are you going to join us for a [B] in The Nelson on Saturday???

According to Sky Sports this morning Barnard looks to be heading to Leeds, disappointed if this happens , not only missing out on a good player at this level, but him going to our main rivals for the title.