Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

FAO SMUDGER

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]saw you at halftime and then saw you get chucked out loud and proud! well done mate.hope you got home ok- selwyn[/quote]

You''ve seen the light and come across to the pink side[;)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''ve read some good posts lately from Smudger, he is back in the fray and clearly his heart is with Norwich City. Sorry he missed the game.[/quote]I didn''t Sad Old... I saw all that I needed to see, the game was won by the time that the 3rd went in.  I also got opportunity to wind up a few of the Colchester muppets by turning around to them and giving a "what''s the score" and joining in with a couple of hearty City songs as the stewards frog marched me out! [;)]I believe that a few City fans followed me when the 4th and 5th went in and that some managed to get in to the Home End.  Can anybody confirm this???Oh and thanks Selwyn, nice to meet you... check your PM''s.

If that is the same Chirpy chap from the WOTB, then boy are we going to have some ''fun'' and confident comments on here. Normally his comments are one liners like cunt fuck wank whore etc.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]So you missed that joke of a signing netting the 4th then....[/quote]

As my old school exam papers used to say....define,explain and discuss!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]So you missed that joke of a signing netting the 4th then....[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t suppose dear old Smudger wrote somewhere that he thought Oli was a '' waste of space signing'' do you ? ( lol )Well done to Smudger for flying the flag in the '' home '' end. I didn''t see him get chucked out but I hope he realise that depite Delia and MWJ still being in charge we''ve all noticed a worrying trend of  lots more Smudger appearances at matches just lately.He''s heading for serious addiction problems again.........

My god. I''ve been away from these boards due to other commitments and I come back and hear Smudger''s been going to games. I am on the right board aren''t I? I''m not dreaming this am I?

Mind you I myself have to confess to having bought a half-season ticket (which has now started of course). I know what that looks like and I know many people will say I only bought it because we started winning. But the honest truth is someone I know badly wanted to get one and wanted someone to go with. I guess sometimes you have to give up your stance on things in the end in order to keep others (and myself) happy. Plus there was the little factor of getting very bored on saturday afternoons during my boycott of games.

Well there you go, I''ve admitted it and in the process shot my credibility and principals to pieces, especially after all my ranting and raving about not going to games until Delia leaves. Still......OTBC.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I don''t suppose dear old Smudger wrote somewhere that he thought Oli was a '' waste of space signing'' do you ? ( lol )Well done to Smudger for flying the flag in the '' home '' end. I didn''t see him get chucked out but I hope he realise that depite Delia and MWJ still being in charge we''ve all noticed a worrying trend of  lots more Smudger appearances at matches just lately.He''s heading for serious addiction problems again.........[/quote]To be fair I actually said that Oli did possibly have something to offer prior to his dazzling little run against Exter last week and that after reading a bit more about him and that most of his appearances for Stockport were as sub he could make a useful addition to the squad.Would still love to see us sign Lee Barnard though as I think that  he would make a terrific value for money signing that we could not lose out on.4th game in a row for me Smithy... and I will more than likely be at either Brentford or Walsall next week also.... [;)]

Totally agree, get rid of Cureton, loan Cody out, maybe to Southend and get Barnard in, he will be cheap and it will stop another top 6 team getting him.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

If we were to sign Barnard then I agree that McDonals should go out on loan and possibly Daley too. However would Barnard come here to sit on the bench?

Smudger!  Smudger!  Smudger!  Smudger!  Smudger!

[/quote]Why not?I would if I was in his shoes.  I believe that he is good enough to push for a place in the starting line up and if he doesn''t believe this to then he isn''t worth having here.  He needs to move to a club at the top of this league or a club already in the Championship as soon as possible in my opinion.While we are winning every week and Holt, Martin and Wes are scoring for fun in this league, do you or anybody else really believe that will continue to be the case week in week out in a higher division?Barnard would get his chance as young Oli is now and if/when he does it is up to him to take it.  We can''t lose financially by signing this guy in my opinion.  Get him in and build for the Championship now I say!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Totally agree, get rid of Cureton, loan Cody out, maybe to Southend and get Barnard in, he will be cheap and it will stop another top 6 team getting him.[/quote]

I''m not even sure that Cody has a future here.  If he doesn''t figure this season and assuming we get promoted, where will he fit in in the Championship?

Sad I know, but I just don''t see where he will fit in, especially now that we have Oli, the singing of which was possibly the nail in the coffin for Cody.  He only signed an 18 month contract didn''t he?  It wouldn''t suprise me to see us cash in on him in the summer, with him going to a League Two side perhaps.

I''m possibly jumping the gun a bit as it''s his first full season with us and with a League side, so he may need a couple of years to get fully up to speed in all aspects. But if he isn''t capable of scoring regularly at this level or the Championship and the manager doesn''t want to disrupt the team to put that to the test and he isn''t a winger, where will he fit in?

It''s a shame because I do think he has ability and potential, I guess will soon see if he stays and is offered a contract extension.

Jamie should go ASAP, his wages could be used to bring in a keeper.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Totally agree, get rid of Cureton, loan Cody out, maybe to Southend and get Barnard in, he will be cheap and it will stop another top 6 team getting him.[/quote]

I''m not even sure that Cody has a future here.  If he doesn''t figure this season and assuming we get promoted, where will he fit in in the Championship?

Sad I know, but I just don''t see where he will fit in, especially now that we have Oli, the singing of which was possibly the nail in the coffin for Cody.  He only signed an 18 month contract didn''t he?  It wouldn''t suprise me to see us cash in on him in the summer, with him going to a League Two side perhaps.

I''m possibly jumping the gun a bit as it''s his first full season with us and with a League side, so he may need a couple of years to get fully up to speed in all aspects. But if he isn''t capable of scoring regularly at this level or the Championship and the manager doesn''t want to disrupt the team to put that to the test and he isn''t a winger, where will he fit in?

It''s a shame because I do think he has ability and potential, I guess will soon see if he stays and is offered a contract extension.

[/quote]

Just to add, a loan move to a League side would be a good move for Cody and for us.

[/quote]

My mistake, we wouldn''t get anything for him in the summer

[/quote]I think that you could be right.The only reason I can see Lambert keeping him for a while longer is because of our squad is still lacking in pace a little.  I would like to see Lambert add another striker to the squad either now or during the summer though and if he can add a pacey winger too then as you say I can''t then see any room for Cody in Lamberts plans for the first team squad (barring a couple of injuries of course).On the plus side Cody is probably one of our lowest paid players and it is about having strength in depth at a higher level.  I do believe that his days are numbered though!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

I think that you could be right.

The only reason I can see Lambert keeping him for a while longer is because of our squad is still lacking in pace a little.  I would like to see Lambert add another striker to the squad either now or during the summer though and if he can add a pacey winger too then as you say I can''t then see any room for Cody in Lamberts plans for the first team squad (barring a couple of injuries of course).

On the plus side Cody is probably one of our lowest paid players and it is about having strength in depth at a higher level.  I do believe that his days are numbered though!
[/quote]

I agree, although I don''t think we desperately need another striker this season.

I do think we need another keeper, although no-one else seems to see the urgency with this.[:S]

If Fraser gets injured the only backup we have is 2 teenagers, to lead us to automatic promotion, I wouldn''t be overly confident and comfortable with that.  We may be able to bring in another keeper on loan or on emrgency loan, but what calibre of keeper will we get if its a last minute, rushed loan move?

Think we are ok for keepers... Declan looked class to me earlier in the season and although I rate Forster highly I still believe that Declan may be the better out of the two.I think if Forster was injured for a couple of months or longer then Lambert would consider sending him back and getting another keeper in on loan.  Otherwise I think we have more than enough.

I wouldn''t get a keeper in unless we need to, like people have said, Rudd is a good prospect. If the worst does happen, we have enough time to get a loan keeper in. I would get in a new striker, like Barnard, another right back to keep Martin on his toes. I would also consider getting a left winger in. That should see our squad through, unless the worst happens, like Martin and Hoolahoop going, which I think is very plausible.

Maybe I''m just panicking.

Theo obviously has no future here.  We realistically have a loan keeper and two teenagers, one of whom is completely untested.  I would feel more comfortable with someone in on a permanent as backup to Fraser, and who would also be capable at Championship level.

I don''t think we have a chance of getting Fraser permanently as there will be Premiserhsip teams interested in him in the summer, Arsenal have been rumoured, assuming he doesn''t stay at the Toon.

I supose if Forster did get injured, Lambert wouldn''t hang about sorting out cover.

I think a cheeky little bid for Burch would be a good move.  Maybe a money plus cash for Cureton or A N other.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I think the third goal was the one to celebrate and leave on, that was definately ''game over.''[/quote]

and because it was the doc, made it the icing on the cake [;)]

One thing that is interesting is that Cody is still making the bench, so I dont think he is completely out of the picture... all it would take is for an injury to Martin and Holt to be suspended and he is back in the picture. I think his contract runs out this summer so we will probably find out soon enough!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Cody needs a period of regular matches like Chris Martin. So if we did sign an experienced striker like Barnard then it would be ideal for McDonald to go on loan.

[/quote]

Agreed. Cody is still very raw, and that situation won''t improve via a series of cameos. He needs to go out on loan to a League Two side to see if he really can cut it in pro football. I agree with Smudge about Barnard, but I wonder if the compromise solution might be to get shot of Cureton, loan Cody and then get in a pacy winger with a good goalscoring record like Adomah?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Cody needs a period of regular matches like Chris Martin. So if we did sign an experienced striker like Barnard then it would be ideal for McDonald to go on loan.

[/quote]

Agreed. Cody is still very raw, and that situation won''t improve via a series of cameos. He needs to go out on loan to a League Two side to see if he really can cut it in pro football. I agree with Smudge about Barnard, but I wonder if the compromise solution might be to get shot of Cureton, loan Cody and then get in a pacy winger with a good goalscoring record like Adomah?

[/quote]Would prefer Crewe''s Joel Garnt to Adomah.  Think he would be cheaper and I believe that he has scored 8 goals so far in his first season.I agree that a pacy winger should probably be our next target though.  That would offer us a plan B to our Diamond formation and add real balance to an alternative style of play.