Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

These internet streams

Are they legal to watch?I dont care if theyre not cos that was just brilliant to watch yesterday, And i noticed yesterday that all the Championship games had a feed aswell, So next season we''ll beable to watch all away games!

I wouldn''t say they are illegal to watch it would be the broadcaster thats breaking copyright.

I remember a few years back (and probably still the same now) when most sports were broadcast back via obscure satellites unencripted. Used to have great fun with my motorised dish finding a multitude of transmissions!

Who needed (needs) Sky?

Technically yes it is illegal, but the chance of the cops coming round your house tomorrow to arrest you for it, are about as likely as a meteor hitting your house.

Im interested in what the actual law say, Even if they do catch you they''ll proberly just slap you on the wist. Seeing it was shown in another country our laws dont count against us watching it, would i be correct.

I''m in Milwaukee and i''ve got sky sports(need to know someone with the sports package at home) on the pc (so i get the running scores, just like being back in the pub in blighty) i also get all the uk tv channels all for $10 a month, pm me for info.

I''d be interested in knowing the stream site as well.

We''re not allowed to put the link in these forums, due to it being borderline dodgy!If anyone wants the link pm me.

Alot of these source streams are free, but the quality is poor, in fact most streams are where people simply point a webcam to their TV and stream it that way, often with a delay too, which can be up to 5 minutes from live. I''ve used these sources for Norwich games before, but often (especially in league 1), only "big featured" games are found. You can pretty much find most prem games through these sources, and a fair number of championship games.PROS:Streams are free, good choice for prem / championshipCONS:Illegal (you take the risk), low quality, often delayedGive people a fair choice, and for a fair price... and I''m certain that most would abandon these streams to watch good quality legal broadcasts. The BBC took a step in the right direction by introducing the brilliant ''The Football League Show''. I hope they realise that football is our national game, and that there is high demand for Champ / L1 / L2 coverage.Here''s an idea... Give the football clubs themselves the rights to broadcast their OWN games to stream on their official websites or regional TV. Why not! Norwich fans unable to make matches would happily pay to login / watch live feeds of the game with Norwich based commentary. Commentators who know the players, the club etc. Incorporate some interaction with the viewers in the form of a chatroom or something to exchange opinion... this gives added revenue potential for banner ads etc.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Alot of these source streams are free, but the quality is poor, in fact most streams are where people simply point a webcam to their TV and stream it that way, often with a delay too, which can be up to 5 minutes from live. I''ve used these sources for Norwich games before, but often (especially in league 1), only "big featured" games are found. You can pretty much find most prem games through these sources, and a fair number of championship games.

PROS:
Streams are free, good choice for prem / championship

CONS:
Illegal (you take the risk), low quality, often delayed

Give people a fair choice, and for a fair price... and I''m certain that most would abandon these streams to watch good quality legal broadcasts. The BBC took a step in the right direction by introducing the brilliant ''The Football League Show''. I hope they realise that football is our national game, and that there is high demand for Champ / L1 / L2 coverage.

Here''s an idea... Give the football clubs themselves the rights to broadcast their OWN games to stream on their official websites or regional TV. Why not! Norwich fans unable to make matches would happily pay to login / watch live feeds of the game with Norwich based commentary. Commentators who know the players, the club etc. Incorporate some interaction with the viewers in the form of a chatroom or something to exchange opinion... this gives added revenue potential for banner ads etc.
[/quote]

Brilliant Idea! Only probably is that it could see a decline in attendances

[quote user="smiley"]Im interested in what the actual law say, Even if they do catch you they''ll proberly just slap you on the wist. Seeing it was shown in another country our laws dont count against us watching it, would i be correct.[/quote]A slap on the "wist""Stwike him Centuwion"!

With the recent Ofcom ruling to force Sky to allow BT to show Sky Sports (at an estimated cost of about £15 a month) will mean an upcoming price war over Sky packages and will ultimately result in small profits for Sky--this will have a knock on effect on the amount of money Sky pay for Premier League rights.At the moment Sky also own the rights to show games via the internet, but just don''t offer the service and force people into paying the high prices for a Sky Sports package. If the Football League or the Premier League wanted they could withhold the rights to allow clubs to show their own games via the internet, but this would result in a dramatic reduction in amount of money the League''s receive. Also it would be expensive for clubs to host there own internet streaming and pay for all the extra cameras that would be needed to provide a decent coverage. Compare the amount of cameras at Carrow Road for a normal game and a game on Sky.Sky''s stranglehold on rights has meant the Premier League is the richest league in the world, this is slowly been broken up with ESPN moving in but as Setanta showed, it is an expensive game to go against Sky as they like crushing the competition.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]With the recent Ofcom ruling to force Sky to allow BT to show Sky Sports (at an estimated cost of about £15 a month) will mean an upcoming price war over Sky packages and will ultimately result in small profits for Sky--this will have a knock on effect on the amount of money Sky pay for Premier League rights.At the moment Sky also own the rights to show games via the internet, but just don''t offer the service and force people into paying the high prices for a Sky Sports package. If the Football League or the Premier League wanted they could withhold the rights to allow clubs to show their own games via the internet, but this would result in a dramatic reduction in amount of money the League''s receive. Also it would be expensive for clubs to host there own internet streaming and pay for all the extra cameras that would be needed to provide a decent coverage. Compare the amount of cameras at Carrow Road for a normal game and a game on Sky.Sky''s stranglehold on rights has meant the Premier League is the richest league in the world, this is slowly been broken up with ESPN moving in but as Setanta showed, it is an expensive game to go against Sky as they like crushing the competition. [/quote]I can see the point you present BYAG and completely agree, I just feel that this domination from Sky will at some point soon emplode... yes revenue would be lower for clubs to host their own streams, but overall (longer term) it would make for a more even playing field across the leagues in general, and would remove the inflated wages we currently have in the game, and the vast gap between top 6 in the prem and "the rest". The bigger clubs would still get more revenue as they would naturally have more subscriptions than smallar clubs, but the trick would then be more about marketing... and advertising... and I think that gives brilliant opportunities for any club up and down the league to truly compete if run well.

I for one would be willing to pay to watch the game week in and week out on a stream.

I gave up paying for sky sports when i was in the UK because you would end up paying to watch every team other than Norwich.

The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Alot of these source streams are free, but the quality is poor, in fact most streams are where people simply point a webcam to their TV and stream it that way, often with a delay too, which can be up to 5 minutes from live. I''ve used these sources for Norwich games before, but often (especially in league 1), only "big featured" games are found. You can pretty much find most prem games through these sources, and a fair number of championship games.PROS:Streams are free, good choice for prem / championshipCONS:Illegal (you take the risk), low quality, often delayedGive people a fair choice, and for a fair price... and I''m certain that most would abandon these streams to watch good quality legal broadcasts. The BBC took a step in the right direction by introducing the brilliant ''The Football League Show''. I hope they realise that football is our national game, and that there is high demand for Champ / L1 / L2 coverage.Here''s an idea... Give the football clubs themselves the rights to broadcast their OWN games to stream on their official websites or regional TV. Why not! Norwich fans unable to make matches would happily pay to login / watch live feeds of the game with Norwich based commentary. Commentators who know the players, the club etc. Incorporate some interaction with the viewers in the form of a chatroom or something to exchange opinion... this gives added revenue potential for banner ads etc.[/quote]

[/quote]And problem number two is that the internet rights to most clubs have already been sold for a very long time (top of my head it''s 2017) to a company of which  Mr Neil Doncaster is a director.

[quote user="morty"]The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner![/quote]Ah right, just spotted this idea had already been raised, sorry.

And FWIW a criminal conviction for watching does not exist in law and a civil prosecution is highly unlikely to succeed if defended. This is why Lord Mandelson spent last summer being "Succesfully lobbied" at great expense to copyright holders at a private villa in the Med. Yes that''s the same chap who on return from said "succesful lobbying" immediately set about introducing proposals for new legislation involving digital copyright with the same well researched aplomb that so many of his compadres have applied.It is an absolute defence to a civil case of copyright breach if the material was used for research purposes. There is no uploading (outward dissemination) when watching a stream unless on a P2P network hence most ''offences'' simply do not exist. The copyright laws for personal usage are very lax.It''s also a fact that there is no Court approved method for proving a user watched or downloaded something in the Uk and the only system in use would not pass forensic examination, is based in Switzerland and has been lawfully implement by not a single Eu state but lawfully refuted in Germany, Belgium and Sweden to date. It''s based on your IP address only not individual PC''s, it appears that the law under which companies like Davenport Lyons and ACs law have been obtaining batches of ip addys from a friendly judge may have been "misinterpreted".Despite sending 6,000 threat letters at a time the only recorded county court victory for the above companies appears to be against a woman of dutch origin who did not defend in court and apparently might not even actually exist. This "victory" has been cited in the letters of extortion from said companies many times but has remained unproven as the lady involved cannot be found.Both companies are well known to the SRA who have had to deal with record numbers of complaints about the questinable legality their conduct. The Jurys out on that one but rest assured they will be investigated by a wholly independent and unbiased firm of solicitors whose name is associated with a brand of gin.There''s a good story in all this, surprised Cam isn''t on to it.[;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Alot of these source streams are free, but the quality is poor, in fact most streams are where people simply point a webcam to their TV and stream it that way, often with a delay too, which can be up to 5 minutes from live. I''ve used these sources for Norwich games before, but often (especially in league 1), only "big featured" games are found. You can pretty much find most prem games through these sources, and a fair number of championship games.

PROS:
Streams are free, good choice for prem / championship

CONS:
Illegal (you take the risk), low quality, often delayed

Give people a fair choice, and for a fair price... and I''m certain that most would abandon these streams to watch good quality legal broadcasts. The BBC took a step in the right direction by introducing the brilliant ''The Football League Show''. I hope they realise that football is our national game, and that there is high demand for Champ / L1 / L2 coverage.

Here''s an idea... Give the football clubs themselves the rights to broadcast their OWN games to stream on their official websites or regional TV. Why not! Norwich fans unable to make matches would happily pay to login / watch live feeds of the game with Norwich based commentary. Commentators who know the players, the club etc. Incorporate some interaction with the viewers in the form of a chatroom or something to exchange opinion... this gives added revenue potential for banner ads etc.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And problem number two is that the internet rights to most clubs have already been sold for a very long time (top of my head it''s 2017) to a company of which  Mr Neil Doncaster is a director.
[/quote]

To combat the low attendances i''d suggest copying what happens in the NFL all games are shown live if there is a sell-out. No sell-out of tickets (or say 90% of capacity) and the game doesn''t go out live in the local area, lets say for arguements sake the surrounding 50miles of Carrow Road/other venues. This way it encourages people to still go to the games, and with I.P addresses this locating of fans can be done. It would allow for those fans who are exiled to still be able to stream the game, and reward the clubs who fill grounds with spectators, which would inturn drop ticket prices in some cases, as this new broadcasting revenue would be gained through the sell-outs. It would benefit both the fans and the clubs through expanded revenue and the growth of fan bases and satisfying the desire of fans to watch their team if they are unable to.

I may not have written that out in the simplest way, but i hope you can see where the i''m coming from. Also sounds like a good thing to write about on my Sports Business Management course at uni. [:)]

[quote user="morty"]The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner![/quote]Even if every season ticket holder bought in, it would be less than a million. We get that in League One. The Premier League gives around £25 million these days. I know which I would prefer....

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"]The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner![/quote]Even if every season ticket holder bought in, it would be less than a million. We get that in League One. The Premier League gives around £25 million these days. I know which I would prefer....[/quote]Fair point, I didn''t add up the figures!

[quote user="CanaryColt"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Alot of these source streams are free, but the quality is poor, in fact most streams are where people simply point a webcam to their TV and stream it that way, often with a delay too, which can be up to 5 minutes from live. I''ve used these sources for Norwich games before, but often (especially in league 1), only "big featured" games are found. You can pretty much find most prem games through these sources, and a fair number of championship games.PROS:Streams are free, good choice for prem / championshipCONS:Illegal (you take the risk), low quality, often delayedGive people a fair choice, and for a fair price... and I''m certain that most would abandon these streams to watch good quality legal broadcasts. The BBC took a step in the right direction by introducing the brilliant ''The Football League Show''. I hope they realise that football is our national game, and that there is high demand for Champ / L1 / L2 coverage.Here''s an idea... Give the football clubs themselves the rights to broadcast their OWN games to stream on their official websites or regional TV. Why not! Norwich fans unable to make matches would happily pay to login / watch live feeds of the game with Norwich based commentary. Commentators who know the players, the club etc. Incorporate some interaction with the viewers in the form of a chatroom or something to exchange opinion... this gives added revenue potential for banner ads etc.[/quote]

[/quote]And problem number two is that the internet rights to most clubs have already been sold for a very long time (top of my head it''s 2017) to a company of which  Mr Neil Doncaster is a director.[/quote]

To combat the low attendances i''d suggest copying what happens in the NFL all games are shown live if there is a sell-out. No sell-out of tickets (or say 90% of capacity) and the game doesn''t go out live in the local area, lets say for arguements sake the surrounding 50miles of Carrow Road/other venues. This way it encourages people to still go to the games, and with I.P addresses this locating of fans can be done. It would allow for those fans who are exiled to still be able to stream the game, and reward the clubs who fill grounds with spectators, which would inturn drop ticket prices in some cases, as this new broadcasting revenue would be gained through the sell-outs. It would benefit both the fans and the clubs through expanded revenue and the growth of fan bases and satisfying the desire of fans to watch their team if they are unable to.

I may not have written that out in the simplest way, but i hope you can see where the i''m coming from. Also sounds like a good thing to write about on my Sports Business Management course at uni. [:)]

[/quote]We have a plan people... now let''s form an organisation and roll with it. lol

"Are they legal to watch?"

Not sure - it''s illegal to provide it (i.e. the website is breaking the law), but I''m not sure if it''s illegal to watch it... hmmm... probably is, knowing how the government likes to suck the ćoćks of ailing businesses that refuse to make new business models in light of technological innovation...

I too would pay a small amount to watch a stream of those games I cannot get to. It''s infuriating seeing him indoors streaming the game every week he cannot get to Slumford Bridge while I am stuck with the text stream to find out how the boys are doing - (glad though I am to have it!)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"]The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.

Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner!
[/quote]

Even if every season ticket holder bought in, it would be less than a million. We get that in League One. The Premier League gives around £25 million these days. I know which I would prefer....
[/quote]

Fair point, I didn''t add up the figures!
[/quote]

Remember that if every club provided this service, there would also be the possibility of advertising before and after the match as well as at half time which would provide more revenue. If restricted by the clubs to away games only it would not affect season ticket revenue either.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"]The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner![/quote]Even if every season ticket holder bought in, it would be less than a million. We get that in League One. The Premier League gives around £25 million these days. I know which I would prefer....[/quote]Fair point, I didn''t add up the figures![/quote]

Remember that if every club provided this service, there would also be the possibility of advertising before and after the match as well as at half time which would provide more revenue. If restricted by the clubs to away games only it would not affect season ticket revenue either.

[/quote]I agree.Though I think that clubs with a smaller fanbase would definitely suffer.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="morty"]The FA should give the control back to the clubs, and let them market their own television rights.

Imagine say £50 a season to watch all our away games, multiply that by the fanbase we have. It would be a serious moneyspinner!
[/quote]

Even if every season ticket holder bought in, it would be less than a million. We get that in League One. The Premier League gives around £25 million these days. I know which I would prefer....
[/quote]

Fair point, I didn''t add up the figures!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree.

Though I think that clubs with a smaller fanbase would definitely suffer.
[/quote]

Tis a fair point.

JUST SPOTTED: NCFC V BRENTFORD WILL BE LIVE STREAMED

cant post the site as the thread will be removed, but just have a hunt around using google and you''ll find it!