Sign in to follow this  
Appletonandy

Paul Lambert

I have to say that I am getting sick of reading almost every day about Paul Lambert''s stock increasing, will be difficult to keep hold of, will go on to bigger and better things etc......

Yes, we are doing well and expectations have been lifted.  Yes, Premiership clubs may be interested in talking to him in the future.

BUT.....who is to say that he cannot achieve a number of his ambitions here?  IF we get promoted, the board have to back him with sufficient transfer and salary budgets to enable the club to progress further.  IF we can have a solid season in the Championship next year, there is no reason why we cannot go for promotion the following year.

He gives the distinct impression that he loves it here, loves the support and enjoys his work, so why would he be in a rush to leave?  Money is a motivating factor but I cannot imagine that he is short of a few quid after his fantastic playing career.

And he''s only been here 5 minutes!!!

My message is let''s see how far we can go and will the pessimists please go do one!!

Rant over.......Zip it! [:#]

[quote user="morty"]I heard he''s off to Celtic.
[/quote]

I heared he is on to big a bonus if he gets us promoted during his term of contract,  so he will be here for a while no not a rumour,  

Fact is football fans as a people need constant, daily, hourly, minute by minute re-assurance. Given the nature of the game, it has the tendency to pull the rug from under the feet of everyone at all times, and when it isn''t doing so theres always that underlying potential for something to happen. We''re just taking all the emotional precautions we can.