Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Neil Doncaster

Apologies if this was posted before, I''ve just stumbled across this from Scotland.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/that-s-entertainment-neil-doncaster-s-spl-ideas-are-well-meaning-but-fail-to-address-the-important-issues-1.927250?

He talks about the success of getting increase of season tickets from 6,000 up to 20,000 at Carrow Road.

It was the caption next to the photo which made me laugh about face painting helping scottish football.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Apologies if this was posted before, I''ve just stumbled across this from Scotland.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/that-s-entertainment-neil-doncaster-s-spl-ideas-are-well-meaning-but-fail-to-address-the-important-issues-1.927250?

He talks about the success of getting increase of season tickets from 6,000 up to 20,000 at Carrow Road.

It was the caption next to the photo which made me laugh about face painting helping scottish football.[/quote]Me too! Very funny - especially as whoever wrote it probably didn''t intend it. [:)]

Should we all vote in the poll at the end, or is that just childish? Hmmmm...... can''t decide..... [8-)]

Well I voted and it looks like most Scottish people are in agreement.[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/gigvideo/doncaster.jpg[/img]Scottish football could be improved by face painting and men in stilts, what''s that all about then?[:|] I wonder if the SPL feel they are getting value for money from the Doomcaster for nonsense ideas like this and a blog.

Neil''s comments: ( Wonder if he has been able to reconcile his beliefs with his hard facts )

“We need to understand what happens when people make a decision to go to an SPL game,” he said. “If we attract a family to an game, whoever they support, the price will be part of the decision-making process. What will decide whether they come back is the quality of experience they have. That will be determined from the point they buy the ticket, when they turn up to the ground, the quality of stewarding, the friendliness of the welcome, and how accessible things like refreshments and toilets are.

“There are a whole number of things around the game itself other than the entertainment on the pitch which are part of the family experience that day. We’ll be looking to measure all of those aspects.

“If people come away having had a positive family experience irrespective of the result I believe they’re more likely to come back. This isn’t just my belief, it’s based on hard facts of what I was working on for the last 12 years in Norfolk. We took season tickets from 6,600 to 20,000 against a background of very mixed performances on the pitch. Statistically, irrespective of the product on the pitch, you can drive far more people through the turnstiles which will drive more money into our clubs. That in turn should lead to a better product on the pitch.”

At the time this was attributed to Andrew Cullen the then FD , who was the brains behind the changes in sending renewal notices out to season ticket holders ie when we were doing well. Don''t think Donkey had much to do with it.

blahblahblah wrote the following post at 20/01/2010 5:20 PM:

I''m sure that Mr Doncaster is a competent administrator, but PT Barnum he is not.  This is the sound of someone horribly out of his depth.

Agree Blah x 3. Interesting how the good things that happened at City (season ticket sales) are now "We". Presumably relegation, massive debt and ludicrous management appointments don''t fall into this catagory.

Talking of lately departed (if not lamented) football administrators, did anybody see the picture of the red-faced one from down the A140 in the Independent today?http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/burton-recast-as-fas-centre-of-coaching-1872974.htmlApparently Sheepshanks has fallen into another cushy number as Chairman of the Board of the revived and soon to be built FA National Football Centre at Burton on Trent.Effectively, the FA are saying that this is a key part of the future stategy for developing English coaches and managers.And the qualifications and experience required to be appointed as Chairman were what????

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Talking of lately departed (if not lamented) football administrators, did anybody see the picture of the red-faced one from down the A140 in the Independent today?http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/burton-recast-as-fas-centre-of-coaching-1872974.htmlApparently Sheepshanks has fallen into another cushy number as Chairman of the Board of the revived and soon to be built FA National Football Centre at Burton on Trent.Effectively, the FA are saying that this is a key part of the future stategy for developing English coaches and managers.And the qualifications and experience required to be appointed as Chairman were what????[/quote]If Ipswichs'' ridiculous and over-stated stand building is anything to go by, then I guess he has previous experience of overseeing the construction of white elephants ?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Neil''s comments: ( Wonder if he has been able to reconcile his beliefs with his hard facts )

. That in turn should lead to a better product on the pitch.”

[/quote]

In just 12 words he illustrates perfectly why he should be walled up in an office with a spreadsheet and never allowed near a football club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Well Hello!"

[/quote]**Shudder**

When you look back now at his time here and compare that to how effective McNally comes across, the gulf is incredible on all levels, and, to be honest i almost feel grateful that we came out of Doncaster''s stewardship having only fell as low as the third division i think.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Well Hello! Face Painting, Men on Stilts, Men in Kilts on Stilts, Haggis Crossbar Challenge? It''s like the crossbar challenge but they use a haggis instead. Stilts in kilts on Stilts it''s like polo but the players wear kilts and are on stilts and instead of a ball they use a whole stilton. Monkey tennis?"

[img]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/bexterbarbie/IM_ALAN_PARTRIDGE-00hr24min37sec.jpg[/img]

Smell my cheese you mother!!!!

[/quote]

Yes all that.  But isn''t it ironic that that he is nearly on twice the money in Scotland and Norwich City PLC are still paying one of his companies in Norfolk to do the cleaning?

It can be one of two things.  Either ironic or a result.  Depends on where you are coming from I guess.

Funny old game football.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Yes all that.  But isn''t it ironic that that he is nearly on twice the money in Scotland and Norwich City PLC are still paying one of his companies in Norfolk to do the cleaning?

It can be one of two things.  Either ironic or a result.  Depends on where you are coming from I guess.

Funny old game football.

[/quote]Yeah, thanks for stopping by.

There''s no irony in it Cam. Doomy took full advantage of the extraordinary faith placed in him to further his career, pad out his Cv and ''network''. That he made a few bob on the side through security and cleaning contracts and a little share dealing and whatever else he had his nose into is many things but ironic it''s not. Of the two men in positions of responsibility as the club suffered its first relegation to div 3 £/sd who might be held to be most accountable for the demise of our club primarily by virtue of them taking a job beyond their capabilities and experience Bryan Gunn remains loved by most us a feeling I just am not sensing will ever be afforded Doomy but I really don''t think he cares. NCFC was a career move, job experience, a well paid apprenticeship an experiment call it what you will for Doncaster the Blagmeister General. He was in it for himself, some of us cottoned on quite a while back.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, most amusing Buckethead!!![/quote]Thank you. I couldn''t be bothered to caption the photo and re-upload it but that''s Mello Yello wearing the Alan partridge disguise and Doomy smelling the cheese.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="morty"]Lol, most amusing Buckethead!!![/quote]Thank you. I couldn''t be bothered to caption the photo and re-upload it but that''s Mello Yello wearing the Alan partridge disguise and Doomy smelling the cheese.[/quote]Hahahaha!As a topical aside, looking at Doomcasters ugly mug gives me the creeps, like a big shiver right down my spine.He really is a nasty, smarmy, motherfunster.

Well he certainly managed to rile Mello that day in Yellows with all the double talk about getting rid of players to fund extra cleaners and his proposal to attract bigger crowds at FCR by using whatever was left from the cleaning budget to bring in some clowns on matchdays to fill the 45 mins either side of the half time celebrity crossbar challenge on ice jungle extravaganza.  And can anybody deny that there is not something.... unsettling about that photo of him with the kids (IMO, obviously).

[quote user="Buckethead"]Well he certainly managed to rile Mello that day in Yellows with all the double talk about getting rid of players to fund extra cleaners and his proposal to attract bigger crowds at FCR by using whatever was left from the cleaning budget to bring in some clowns on matchdays to fill the 45 mins either side of the half time celebrity crossbar challenge on ice jungle extravaganza.  And can anybody deny that there is not something.... unsettling about that photo of him with the kids (IMO, obviously).[/quote]I was going to say he looks the sort that I wouldn''t leave my children alone with, but didn''t want it to be misconstrued as some sort of cheap jibe.I find the man genuinely disturbing and sinister.

Yeah but his bird''s fit isn''t she? At the end of the day, that''s all that matters.

Otherwise, why is there a thread about a former employee of the board? I see no Gordon Bennett or Roger Munby threads so therefore, who really gives a shit?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Well Hello! Face Painting, Men on Stilts, Men in Kilts on Stilts, Haggis Crossbar Challenge? It''s like the crossbar challenge but they use a haggis instead. Stilts in kilts on Stilts it''s like polo but the players wear kilts and are on stilts and instead of a ball they use a whole stilton. Monkey tennis?"

[img]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/bexterbarbie/IM_ALAN_PARTRIDGE-00hr24min37sec.jpg[/img]

Smell my cheese you mother!!!!

[/quote][/quote]

The news about Sheepshanks is quite funny, seeing as i work with the man who coaches the Norfolk U-15 boys team and on Thursday they beat the Ipswich academy side 7-0. Bear in mind that this is the Norfolk Under 15s, a team which sees any decent player snapped up by the Norwich academy. So they''re, in the great scheme of things, not much kop, but evidently still far better than the Binners youth team.

Obviously Sheepshanks would have had a limited say in the Binner academy, but a lot of his decisions from his time there must still be having an affect.

Certainly a worrying appointment by the FA.