Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Saints bring in Barnard

I''d still rather have Martin, Holt & Hooly up front. We''ve still got Cody and Oli on the bench too...

And Daley - who has impressed me as much as Cody in recent performances.

Saints are building a strong side. Just as well they had the 10 points deducted or they''d be pushing for automatic. Let''s hope we can avoid the play-offs because they''ll probably be there.

Having said all that, we don''t have a bad bunch of lads ourselves and with this new found confidence, I believe we would beat them anyway. Should be a good game next month.

[quote user="Mook"]I''d still rather have Martin, Holt & Hooly up front. We''ve still got Cody and Oli on the bench too...[/quote]Totally agree with u, I said it was a shame as he''s a good player, not because I think he is better than what we already have neccessarily, but he would have been a good addition.

[quote user="sig"]Saints are building a strong side. Just as well they had the 10 points deducted or they''d be pushing for automatic. .[/quote]

Or, they would actually be 3 points off the playoffs and 15 points behind us..

[quote user="sig"]Saints are building a strong side. Just as well they had the 10 points deducted or they''d be pushing for automatic. .[/quote]

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Precisely. Or, to look at it in "real life" terms they are currently 3 points off of a relegation place. Southampton knows it has it all to do just to reach the final playoff spot. Their immediate target, Huddersfield, may have  dropped a few points lately but, looking at their results, the only losses encountered over the past dozen games were to Swindon and Norwich. Southampton, while doing fairly well this season given their points deduction, only yielded 4 points out of the last 16 available. Problem is that, given the pace of those in the top six, Southampton has to achieve an average point a game more than Huddersfield or Swindon over the next dozen or so games just to catch them. That would likely require an average of almost three points a game. Not likely. After all, they are not Norwich City. [:D]

With their swiss billionaire backers, it seems that Southampton have the financial muscle to buy their way out of this league, despite the points deduction. I personally think they are nailed on for a play off spot.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Thank you so much for the sarcasm (x3)

My mistake for not checking out the table below 3rd. Actually I hadn''t realised they were so far back as they seemed to be making great strides a while ago. Suppose it shows how well we''ve been doing.

Still think they''ll make the play-offs though.

I used to worry that City might end up 3rd and the saints 6th so that they''d meet in the play-offs, but I think Saints have left themselves too much to do. Making up 13 points to catch Huddersfield is too big an ask, IMO.

[quote user="morty"]I am glad he went there rather than Leeds.[/quote]Me too. I don''t think Southampton will be able to gain promotion this season, but I do believe that Barnard was tipped to replace Beckford at Elland Road. If Beckford leaves on a free transfer in the summer, Leeds might find next season a lot more difficult.

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="morty"]I am glad he went there rather than Leeds.
[/quote]Me too. I don''t think Southampton will be able to gain promotion this season, but I do believe that Barnard was tipped to replace Beckford at Elland Road. If Beckford leaves on a free transfer in the summer, Leeds might find next season a lot more difficult.
[/quote]

The interesting thing now is whether Ricky Lambert suddenly goes to Leeds.

If Beckford leaves in the summer he gets a huge payday and Leeds get sod all for developing him. If they can replace him in the window I reckon they''ll be falling over themselves to cash in.