Sign in to follow this  
dpit

prudence with ambition revisited

As Pompey seem to be finally disappearing down the plug hole following their policy of trying to buy success with no absoltely no prudence whatsoever, does anyone not see a little bit of retrospective logic in the departed Doncaster''s much berated policy. A little more ambition and a little less prudence and we could have been joining Portsmouth.

Still taking a look at Citys status and trying to justify your hand in our 2 relegations Mr Doncaster?

[quote user="dpit"]As Pompey seem to be finally disappearing down the plug hole following their policy of trying to buy success with no absoltely no prudence whatsoever, does anyone not see a little bit of retrospective logic in the departed Doncaster''s much berated policy. A little more ambition and a little less prudence and we could have been joining Portsmouth.[/quote]

Alternatively an investor could have bought Aston Villa for about £60m or so and had a wonderful investment with a manager who knows the value of money.

If ''Prudence'' was the right and correct policy......Why are we still 23 million in debt?.....

....and, ''Ambition'' never came into the equation....That''s why we are in the 1st Division for the first time in 50 seasons.

But the stadium is now nearly always full....maybe that was the board''s ambition?

So we''re disregarding the fact that had Doncaster of not imposed his ''financial nous'' upon the club, chances are we''d of been a Premier League club for atleast another season?Nah, your right. After a few seasons of mid table misery and relegation dog fights, two actual relegations, losing 7-1 in our now derby game of the season to Colchester, playing at the lowest position we''ve played in for half a century, having in the process (in my mind) ruined the reputation of a club legend, and living as a club in £23 million debt, yes life is so so sweet in League One. God forbid we''d be of been in Portsmouths position all this time, not least with that horrid F.A. Cup, and a few more European appearences, as well as some very respectable positional Premier League finishes to their names over this time.[8-)]... Indeed, Doncaster, ''what a guy''.

[quote user="dpit"] A little more ambition and a little less prudence and we could have been joining Portsmouth.[/quote]What in the Premiership you mean? Ambition without achievement is meaningless, we can all aspire but without achieving those aspirations we have failed. The club failed to realise whatever ambitions were held unless of course we had ambitions of entering this division and we also had an epic fail on the prudence front too from what I can see.Prudence with ambition~ just a marketing term like calling grey "black with a hint of white".

Perhaps John might care to read about the ambitious Portsmouth on the BBC site. Or maybe tell the 20 thousand plus fans on Saturday they they should not enjoy themselves as we are in Div 3. Tell them that they should not be sat in the new South Stand as it was built with borrowed money, as was the River End infill. Lambert should never have been appointed either as we may have to borrow money to pay Colchester.

Lots or organisations allow you access to what you need without having to pay for it all up front. Perhaps that arrangement should stop. Then fans could be made to pay for their season tickets up front and in one go. That way we might stop the club from having full houses, and stop having 20 thousand City fans enjoying life !

We can then all join Big John and Arthur Whittle in one long endless moan.

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]Perhaps John might care to read about the ambitious Portsmouth on the BBC site. Or maybe tell the 20 thousand plus fans on Saturday they they should not enjoy themselves as we are in Div 3. Tell them that they should not be sat in the new South Stand as it was built with borrowed money, as was the River End infill. Lambert should never have been appointed either as we may have to borrow money to pay Colchester. Lots or organisations allow you access to what you need without having to pay for it all up front. Perhaps that arrangement should stop. Then fans could be made to pay for their season tickets up front and in one go. That way we might stop the club from having full houses, and stop having 20 thousand City fans enjoying life ! We can then all join Big John and Arthur Whittle in one long endless moan.[/quote]

Precisely.

I feel there could be a hint of miscommunication in this discussion.As for....[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]We can then all join Big John and Arthur Whittle in one long endless moan.[/quote][^o)].... Well enough people do already don''t they? And i certainly wouldn''t subscribe to the idea that your an individual entirely exempt from it yourself (you are on the pink ''un after all).

I don''t spend my time on here finding stuff to moan about dear boy, that is the difference.

And it is you''re (as in you are) not your which suggest something that belongs to me. It is bad enough having to converse with the poor without them having literacy defects as well.

I do apologise. I understand the mistake that you have duly pointed, but i would like to point out myself that i do suffer from a form of dyslexia. As for you being one not willing to discuss with people, like me, on the basis of me and my families current financial status, i can only say i''m sorry to hear that.[:^)]

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]I don''t spend my time on here finding stuff to moan about dear boy, that is the difference. And it is you''re (as in you are) not your which suggest something that belongs to me. It is bad enough having to converse with the poor without them having literacy defects as well.[/quote]

But you do find time to moan about the moaners....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Sir_Stiffy_Cutt"]I don''t spend my time on here finding stuff to moan about dear boy, that is the difference. And it is you''re (as in you are) not your which suggest something that belongs to me. It is bad enough having to converse with the poor without them having literacy defects as well.[/quote]

[/quote]Are you moaning about him moaning about the moaners?[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Are you moaning about him moaning about the moaners?

[:D]
[/quote]

No....just making an observation.

You all moan,I moan, moaning is what pinkuners are best at. Lets moan about the club, lets moan about the moaners, lets moan about those who moan about the moaners moaning at the moaners yada yada yada.

As for Doncaster, the only time I want to see him back here is when his head is on a spike at the Castle.

[quote user="dpit"]As Pompey seem to be finally disappearing down the plug hole following their policy of trying to buy success with no absoltely no prudence whatsoever, does anyone not see a little bit of retrospective logic in the departed Doncaster''s much berated policy. A little more ambition and a little less prudence and we could have been joining Portsmouth.[/quote]

In case you haven''t noticed, this club would be insolvent now if the major lenders hadn''t agreed to suspend our loan repayments until the end of the season.   Loans that were taken out in 2003.  I''m trying hard to remember who was the chief exec in 2003 . . .

Less prudence?  There was precious little in the first place.  Hasn''t the penny dropped yet?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Are you moaning about him moaning about the moaners?[:D][/quote]

[/quote]You should get out more Mello, there''s more to life than observing the moaners moaning about the moaners !

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Are you moaning about him moaning about the moaners?

[:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You should get out more Mello, there''s more to life than observing the moaners moaning about the moaners !
[/quote]

Getting out more - would just mean roaming with the roamers....